DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXII

Dolfan in NYC

BTW - Meltzer is saying that the summer plans right now are programming the Wyatts against Brock AND Reigns

Oh, good thing they've been kept strong, then.

• Like 3

Part of the problem is typical WWE these days--they see an opening to do something cool, go for it, but don't take even 15 seconds to plan beyond that.  If HHH is going to be held off Raw for 5 weeks, what do you have Roman do in that time to keep his heat going?  Punching Vince and smart-mouthing Stephanie can only happen so often.  But they don't think that far ahead.

At this point I could care less why the fans aren't taking to Reigns. All that matters is it has been apparent for arguably over a year that the fans are not going to take to Reigns at this time. I don't see where the end game is for continuing the push and pretending he's the center of the company.

WWE has no idea how to make the best of non-ideal situations. They'll ignore the performers who actually have some traction and just stubbornly force feed the audience Reigns week after week. All culminating in a mania main event no one is particularly excited about.

All of this IWC/Smarks/neckbeards crap misstates history so completely that I have to assume it's intentional.

Why was Roman over when he was in The Shield? Because he was made to look like a complete badass.

Why was Roman over in the 2014 Royal Rumble? Because he was made to look like a complete badass.

Why was Roman NOT over in the 2015 Royal Rumble? Because he spent most of the match laying in the corner and he needed the Rock to come save him. (That all the other, more popular guys were disposed of in lately nonchalant fashion admittedly didn't help.)

The formula ain't that fuckin' complex. Make Roman look like a badass and most of the crowd will get behind him. Make him look like an idiot, a sucker or a goofball, and they won't be behind him.

The problem is that WWE has spent more time doing the latter.

I agree with this almost completely. the problem is they are past the point where booking him right will even undo the damage. They fucked up too much with Survivor Series where he should have left both HHH & Sheamus laying. At this point a heel turn really is the only thing that will save him.

• Like 1

Who's supposed to be the new guy, though?  Some folks are on the Ambrose train, but I'm not convinced.  And regardless of who's in the spot, bad booking is bad booking.  Everyone has suffered from it or is suffering from it right now. If Reigns doesn't have many upper-mid-to-high-card opponents that haven't been done already, Ambrose may have even fewer.

HHH probably wants Rollins in the spot, but he didn't see to Rollins getting booked well after winning the WHC.  Honestly, we may not see consistent booking again until Cena's return.  Which takes us back to the issue of not building new stars.

They could hot-shot things to Styles and/or Bullet Club and work from there. Maybe that could start something.

Most fans have short memories or can be forgiving--a few months of good booking would go a long way, but who trusts Creative to do that?

I almost wish Reigns would quit or get fired, for his own sanity. 

That's ideal, I agree.  If you have Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins, KO, Wyatt, Styles, and Zayn as the main event core with Rusev, Del Rio, Sheamus, Big E, Cesaro, Ziggler, and Harper in close pursuit--you'd have something.  Cena and Orton could move into lighter schedules if they want.  Keep Jericho around, too.

But they haven't operated like that since the Reign of Terror.

Who's supposed to be the new guy, though?  Some folks are on the Ambrose train, but I'm not convinced.  And regardless of who's in the spot, bad booking is bad booking.  Everyone has suffered from it or is suffering from it right now. If Reigns doesn't have many upper-mid-to-high-card opponents that haven't been done already, Ambrose may have even fewer.

HHH probably wants Rollins in the spot, but he didn't see to Rollins getting booked well after winning the WHC.  Honestly, we may not see consistent booking again until Cena's return.  Which takes us back to the issue of not building new stars.

They could hot-shot things to Styles and/or Bullet Club and work from there. Maybe that could start something.

Most fans have short memories or can be forgiving--a few months of good booking would go a long way, but who trusts Creative to do that?

I almost wish Reigns would quit or get fired, for his own sanity. 

Ambrose should be the top face right now. He's the most over and has the wrestling ability and promos. I don't see any point in not making him the top guy at the moment, unless they wanted it to be Sami. We don't know who's going be to be the next really big star but if WWE doesn't give people a chance, they'll never know because there won't be one.

We are in year 3 of the Roman Reigns project. Cena was over with everyone within a year.

I don't think there has to be a new "guy". Why not give an equally strong push to 6 or 7 different acts and see who the fans go with?

The fans have already picked Ambrose. It's been that way for awhile now. But some people just can't accept that, for whatever reason.

The new guy was Owens, and they didn't do it. Since then, he's been repeatedly booked as Just Another Guy and now he is, but when he first came up, he had the strongest responses in the company. God forbid they ever just strap a rocket to someone's back.

Reigns/Owens would be a logical feud to go with for the summer. Remember when they had that mini moment a couple months ago on RAW during that elimination match and the whole arena (in an otherwise not smark town) went ape shit when they went face to face. That's something the WWE should build on post mania. Something fresh. Owens at least is such an asshole he could at least get people to boo him in a feud with Reigns.

I just can't imagine Reigns and Brock as a team. I mean if they design that team for Roman to be the hot tag...hahahaha. The Wyatt's are dead in the water as they stand right now. They need a freshening up. Mostly Bray and Harper. I don't know if anything can be done for Braun or Rowan at this point.

I want a Reigns heel turn with Eva Marie as his manager. They'll make Vickie Guerrero's heat seem mild.

Team Ziggler with Roman and Eva, have all three win the Tag Titles via Freebird Rules match over New Day.

Ziggler shouldn't be turning heel I don't think. He's great at it, but he's at a point where guys, girls, and kids all like him despite the Shit he's been booked to do, and he has that organic "being held down" thing with a lot of people. It just seems like a step backwards. But at the same time, he's a 43 time IC champ at this point, with not much going on, so maybe it would freshen him up a little. Look what being in New Day did for Kofi