DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXII

Dolfan in NYC

I have a feeling the IC title is gonna be a 5 way Ladder Match Owens vs Zayn vs Miz vs Ziggler vs Big SHow with Zayn winning the title

It's too early for Zayn, and I don't want to see him win the belt in a multi man match. Owens and Zayn have it in them to put on the best feud in the company, but they are no where near that right now. They need to let Sami chase for a while and build some momentum.

I'll say it:

The Rock

I think like 3 other people already said it :-)

That being said - I have no idea how they would spin that thanks to New Day's last interaction with the Rock

But this is also the WWE and they clearly don't feel the need to explain things

• Like 1

Well they were smart and went to a 2 hour pre-show - so now i am thinking there will be 3 matches because that is an easy way to burn the Dudles/Usos, Battle Royal and Total Divas match

I'll say it:

The Rock

I think like 3 other people already said it :-)

That being said - I have no idea how they would spin that thanks to New Day's last interaction with the Rock

But this is also the WWE and they clearly don't feel the need to explain things

He also had some... interaction with Rusev. They could just go that route and ignore the interaction with New Day.

They always just acknowledge whatever fits the purpose at the moment.

BTW - the WWE sent a survey out to "fans" (I the quotes because I am not quite sure how they determined to send it out to)

But anyway - it asked what announced match at Mania are you looking forward to

And it doesn't list Styles/Jericho or the IC Title match - so obviously they still haven't decided what the fuck they are doing there

This may have already been discussed elsewhere, but is there a chance that the Shane/Taker HIAC match goes on last? Asking because it probably takes a bit to assemble and take down the cell. Probably more time than they want to spend between matches. 

And the WWE just announced that USA will be airing the pre-show live (along with other special programming that week)

And it confirmed that the Andre Battle Royal is on the pre-show AND only 20 men

USA NETWORK TO PREMIERE LIVE WRESTLEMANIA KICKOFF SHOW ON SUNDAY, APRIL 3

Special SMACKDOWN with Live Segments from AT&T Stadium to Air Thursday, March 31 and WWE HALL OF FAME Special to Premiere Thursday, April 7

NEW YORK – March 18, 2016 - For the first time ever, USA Network, the exclusive cable home to WWE’s marquee properties, announces expanded access to WRESTLEMANIA, WWE’s biggest event of the year. Between March 31 and April 7, the network will feature multiple events, including a live, one-hour broadcast of the official WRESTLEMANIA KICKOFF SHOW, a special SMACKDOWNepisode with live segments, the one-hour WWE HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY, and a movie marathon celebrating Dwayne “The Rock®” Johnson.

On Thursday, March 31 from 8-10PM ET/PT, SMACKDOWN will feature live segments from AT&T Stadium just days before WRESTLEMANIA 32.

On Sunday, April 3, USA’s live hour of the WRESTLEMANIA KICKOFF SHOW will start at 6PM ET/3PM PT and include the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, featuring 20 WWE Superstars.WRESTLEMANIA 32 will broadcast live from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. And leading in and out of the live kickoff show, USA Network will celebrate with a movie marathon featuring WWE homegrown star Dwayne “The Rock®” Johnson, with films including The Rundown, Faster, Fast Five and GI Joe Retaliation.

The night after, on Monday, April 4, an all-new WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW will feature the fallout from the action of WRESTLEMANIA 32.

Then on Thursday, April 7 at 10PM ET/PT, immediately following SMACKDOWN, USA will broadcast the one-hour 2016 WWE HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY special. WWE Legends including Sting, Big Boss Man and The Fabulous Freebirds will be immortalized for their accomplishments and contributions to sports entertainment in this year’s WWE Hall of Fame class. 

In 2016, USA Network became the exclusive cable home to WWE’s marquee properties, offering fans the live WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW for three hours every week (8-11PM ET/PT) andSMACKDOWN on Thursdays from 8-10PM ET/PT. In 2016 to date, MONDAY NIGHT RAW is averaging 4.09MM total viewers, 1.91MM P25-54 and 1.87MM P18-49 L7 and SMACKDOWN on USA is averaging 2.82MM P2+, 1.23MM P25-54, and 1.15MM P18-49+ L7, making USA the #1 cable entertainment network across the key demos on Monday and Thursday nights. In 2015, the two programs reached 50MM viewers. 

I'm still trying to wrap my head around them booking Shane as a credible threat to the Undertaker - in a match where Undertaker will be working heel in his home state.

Maybe there's a last minute swerve but that seems unlikely since Cena confirmed he won't be wrestling.  Also, Shane is getting good reactions so that would waste whatever momentum they're getting out of him.

I guess UT could turn on Vince and lay down for Shane, but how satisfying would that be?  WWE loves bait and switch endings, but not in a co-main event at WM.

If they go through with the plans, errr....?

I also wonder which match goes on last.  A stirring babyface win traditionally closes the show, but will they risk the last image from the show being Roman winning the belt - and the crowd booing him out of the bldg?

Isn't the pre-show itself like, 2 or 3 hours long? Sounds like USA will just be airing the final hour, where there will be the ARMBAR and probably one more match to fill that time.

This may have already been discussed elsewhere, but is there a chance that the Shane/Taker HIAC match goes on last? Asking because it probably takes a bit to assemble and take down the cell. Probably more time than they want to spend between matches. 

My guess is there is rigging on the jumbo tron at Jerry World like there is at most other areanas so they can just lower the cell like they do normaly

Not a good looking show and probably the weakest Wrestlemania line-up ever. Lesnar/Ambrose is the only match that has a shot at being anything. Even the Miz/Cena Wrestlemania looked better on paper. I know some of it was bad luck with injuries, but when you don't push younger guys and rely on older stars, this is what happens.

The best part is that this is going to happen while we have one of the best looking NXT cards ever on the same weekend. Just amazing how the same company can do everything right in one promotion and can't get anything right in the other. Only in WWE.