DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXII

Dolfan in NYC

Card is doing little for me unlike WrestleMania XXX and XXXI. I’m interested in Charlotte vs. Banks vs. Lynch, Styles vs. Jericho and Lesnar vs. Ambrose. I’m curious how the hell (pun not intended) Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon turns out and Triple H vs. Roman Reigns for the crowd reactions.

I wonder if WWE wish they saved Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker for WrestleMania XXXII like we thought after their SummerSlam 2015 match. Instead the match happened inside Hell in a Cell at the same titled event 2015. Maybe this was finally going to be the WrestleMania we would get The Undertaker vs. John Cena. I’ve wanted this match for ages, it would have meant more when The Streak was intact but I still want to see it. I guess Undertaker vs. Sting was a possibility before Sting got badly hurt against Seth Rollins at Night of Champions 2015.

I saw on the SC subreddit that with everyone on the roster not in a match (this is assuming there isnt some giant ladder match for the IC Title like last year) that there are only 25 guys for the Andre battle royal. They would have to call up some NXT stars to fill the gaps.

Here is what the reddit guy figured out

Single wrestlers (14)

Big Show, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Dolph Ziggler, Fandango, Goldust, Jack Swagger, Kane, Mark Henry, R-Truth, Stardust, The Miz, Tyler Breeze, Zack Ryder

Team/Stable (10)
Social Outcasts (Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater)

The Ascension (Konnor, Viktor)

The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper, Braun Strowman)

Half of a team (because the other guy is already in a match) (1)
Sin Cara

Total = 25 entrants.

He did mention the Matadores - so that would be possible to get them to 27

If you take Miz out of the IC match he would make 28

Have Titus quietly return in the Battle Royal - 29

One NXT guy - 30

EDIT - Just notice he already counted Miz.

I mean you could use Alex Riley and not count him as a "NXT" guy. Or hope Otunga still owns his ring gear.

IIRC, guys in the tag title match pulled double duty both years and were also in the battle royal.

Ah - you are correct sir

So I would say most likely that means the Dudleys and Usos also being in the Battle Royal

The ONLY reason I'm watching Mania this year is because my youngest daughter wants to watch. I hate feeling this way about Wrestlemania. As a fan, I WANT to love it.

• Like 1

I will probably watch triple threat Women's Championship match the next day. I haven't seen RAW since I was there live last month, and honestly other than Sasha and Becky, I cannot think of anyone else I care about on the card. Even The New Day, who I love, feel stuck in place. They should have moved way up the card four months ago.

I am already out on the Sami Zayn experiment on the main card. With his look, he has zero chance for awhile, at least unless and until the crowd gets behind him organically.

The ONLY reason I'm watching Mania this year is because my youngest daughter wants to watch. I hate feeling this way about Wrestlemania. As a fan, I WANT to love it.

I'm just watching out of habit at this point.

I will probably watch triple threat Women's Championship match the next day. I haven't seen RAW since I was there live last month, and honestly other than Sasha and Becky, I cannot think of anyone else I care about on the card. Even The New Day, who I love, feel stuck in place. They should have moved way up the card four months ago.

I am already out on the Sami Zayn experiment on the main card. With his look, he has zero chance for awhile, at least unless and until the crowd gets behind him organically.

I wish they would have built him up. You know done some videos, maybe had some promos with him saying "I'm coming for you Kevin"...just something to build interest in the feud. The WWE just throws guys out there and assumes you all ready knows everything. It's like the stupid shit they do when people are feuding on twitter.

But I think Sami can overcome this. He's likeable enough. He's just got to get out of the blackhole of main roster suck. Though maybe a little tan might not hurt. I can just see Vince being all "CHRIST THAT GUY SURE IS GINGER"

I wish they would have built him up. You know done some videos, maybe had some promos with him saying "I'm coming for you Kevin"...just something to build interest in the feud. The WWE just throws guys out there and assumes you all ready knows everything. It's like the stupid shit they do when people are feuding on twitter.

But I think Sami can overcome this. He's likeable enough. He's just got to get out of the blackhole of main roster suck. Though maybe a little tan might not hurt. I can just see Vince being all "CHRIST THAT GUY SURE IS GINGER"

It could have been worse. They could have stuck him as the younger cousin that Sheamus bullies around and tries to get to bulk up. 

It can always be worse, unless it's a McMahon family feud, then no it can't be. 

I'm going to predict that Mark Henry wins the Andre Battle Royal and then retires immediately afterwards. I also think theres a strong chance that the multi Divas tag and the ATGMBR are on the pre show especially if there are 11 matches. I'd almost think they'd do three matches on the pre show this year.

Only matches on the card I am interested in are the women's three way, Ambrose/Brock, and somewhat League of Nations vs. New Day but even then I'd prefer a straight tag with Rusev & (It doesn't really matter which one).

Triple H is the worst version of Inoki ever.

Do you think it's possible that this is all leading to split brands, yes. But with Ward being promoted to the writing team, they make SD! an NXT style touring brand with guys like AJ and Nakumura leading the way and then still have regular NXT with whoever is left plus the developmental workers.

In the WON update from... well now... yesterday - the New Day/LoN match is 3 on 4 (originally it was a 6 man)

But that goes along with Dave's "They are doing it for a specific reason" comment last week

Clearly - there is a "name" being the person who helps New Day

The logical answer would be Tyler Breeze, but obviously the WWE don't consider him a name. They already had Mark Henry be an extra man for New Day, and he turned on them. Rock isn't Wrestling. So... Booker?

In the WON update from... well now... yesterday - the New Day/LoN match is 3 on 4 (originally it was a 6 man)

But that goes along with Dave's "They are doing it for a specific reason" comment last week

Clearly - there is a "name" being the person who helps New Day

Positively Page is their higher power. Unicorn self high-fives and the Big Ending into a Diamond Cutter ftw!