DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2016 POST SHOW

RIPPA

Seeing AJ Styles in a WWE ring was awesome but hooboy does he look like a midget now that he's in the land of the giants. Reigns made AJ look like Hornswoggle and Reigns isn't even one of the top 5 biggest (size-wise) guys in the company. When AJ tried hitting Reigns with a Styles Clash I just kept thinking "sir, that's not possible because you're too small/he's too big."

I was actually impressed with his size. I've always considered him the penultimate vanilla midget and he looked not just believable but larger than life out there. I was kind of shocked.

• Like 2

For a brief second, I was excited at the prospect of a Wyatt face turn when Bray went at it with HHH before it was made clear that Bray is just another guy.

This is the 3rd time in the last couple months we have had a "They hint at a Wyatt face turn, the crowd gets jazzed, then they go "No, wait, sorry, Bray isn't that important."

• Like 1

The Rumble was a good comedy, especially the end.

All of that talent flushed right down the drain so the son-in-law gets to stroke his ego just a bit more.

They could have put the belt on a half-dozen people and it would have worked going into WM but now you have the same void at the top of the card.  

• Like 1

The problem is they bumblefucked Bray Wyatt's push so much, he is not at the point where they need him to be to have the big fixer (Brock is basically territory-roaming Andre in this scenario) come in and take care of business.

Kevin Owens is so injured he can barely walk yet he drags himself to the ring. Roman Reigns is so injured he can barely walk and he limps to the back to hide for 30 minutes. All that tells me is Owens is a badass and Reigns is a big pussy.

This was a well booked Rumble outside of the horrible HHH/Reigns stuff. Unfortunately the entire match was built around the HHH/Reigns stuff. Brock and AJ were the MVPs of the match. I thought they should've gave Jericho's iron man spot to AJ, but he was still booked pretty well. Stroman throws out Kane and Big Show then decides to stop throwing people out. Did he get tired or something? Maybe nearly breaking Show's leg made him realize how horrible he is and he was afraid of hurting someone.

The opener and the women's matches were good the other two weren't. The divas title is now the best booked angle in WWE welcome to bizzaro world.

I was hoping for a Joe appearance especially after they debuted Styles.

Don't hope. Hope leads to pain, pain leads to suffering, and suffering leads to not being able to choke a bitch when Gregg tells you how great whatever this is leading up to is going to be.

• Like 8

I thought they should've gave Jericho's iron man spot to AJ, but he was still booked pretty well.

Bubba has said a few times that they weren't even going to sign him, much less D-Von, until the chants at the Rumble. AJ was probably an even bigger test subject.

That ending was absolute garbage.  How does Triple H as champion work long-term at all?  So they run Reigns vs. Triple H at WrestleMania?  After they've buried Reigns and failed to get him consistently over at all?  How does that compute?

It's still hard to get over WrestleMania 25 and how Triple H screwed the pooch there and how they completely failed to let Randy Orton take off when he was on the path to becoming huge at the time.

I did enjoy the rumble match aside from the end. AJ, the Wyatt family domination, Truth, and then the Brock domination were all a lot of fun. I was disappointed they let Sami get taken out as quickly as he did. Neville was really busy in it also. Jericho being involved at all was dumb and the stuff with the LoN and then the return of the Wyatt family after elimination were really dumb. Hated how Brock exited also. They had the camera focused on him a while and I thought he was going to do something but nope, just going to the locker room.

I always wanted a TNT revival and Edge & Christian as Conan and Andy would be perfect.

As for the Rumble, it was enjoyable but so predictable. I didn't read the Raw or Rumble threads so I have no idea what everybody was expecting but the Wyatts-Brock and HHH winning was all telegraphed a mile away. With all the injuries, they really had no alternatives unless somebody like Austin or Rock came out the woodwork.

Only thing that surprised me was the massive face pop for HHH. I figured smarks would shit on Roman but never expected them to throw in so hard with Hunter - the IWC's boogeyman for like a decade now,

That was...not the Rumble I was expecting. It was neither booked well nor had anything bad enough to cause meltdowns. It was mostly just boring. The whole booking of "everyone will be gunning for Roman" was abandoned about 4 dudes in, and more guys seemed more interested in going after AJ than Roman, even though eliminating Roman was the best thing to do for literally every dude in the match. Just weird. Brock NOT coming back to smash after getting eliminated felt super out of character. Him basically shoot beating the shit out of Stroman while going easy on the other 3 Wyatts made me lol.  

I didn't really pay much attention to the undercard, but I'll end up rewatching the show for my write up. I do remember Dean punching/chopping a chair that was wrapped around KO's head and thinking that was the dumbest thing I had seen in a while.

That ending was absolute garbage.  How does Triple H as champion work long-term at all?  So they run Reigns vs. Triple H at WrestleMania?  After they've buried Reigns and failed to get him consistently over at all?  How does that compute?

It's still hard to get over WrestleMania 25 and how Triple H screwed the pooch there and how they completely failed to let Randy Orton take off when he was on the path to becoming huge at the time.

It isn't long term. Rumble to Mania is not very long. 70 days. Lol, Roman Reigns has been berried. Amazing. I believe I predicted this exact reaction mad he didn't win because "you're burying your top guy" in the pre-lock thread.

Maybe he'll give up the title on Raw cause the point was just to take it off Roman? (Ah, to dream...)

Did anyone else love Rusev not giving up that monitor?  Like he was looting the announce table to send equipment back to Bulgarian National TV service.

"In America, you watch monitor. In Bulgaria, monitor watch you." - Rusev Smirnoff

Lesnar vs. Bray Wyatt and Reigns vs. HHH as the top 2 matches at Wrestlemania? (doubles over laughing). Lesnar vs. Wyatt = the Unstoppable Force vs. The Terribly Boring Object

• Like 1