DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2016 POST SHOW

RIPPA

Meanwhile - poor poor Becky Lynch

So gets booked like an idiot... again

and then literally gets thrown out of her spot

I'm trying not to think about that.

Also, I liked that match but boy what a stupid mother fucking finish.

I think Becky will at least get to stick around in the mix for a three way at Fastlane. People can say what they want about Charlotte but I'm happy there's a clearly defined heel in the division.

If Dean had won, then Roman is a heel and maybe interesting again and they could maybe start to build him up organically. But they will not give up on this. It's like almost two years now? Has there been a time when the "top face" was getting booed for two straight years and they didn't give up?

AND HIS NAME IS....is...is...

Line?

• Like 1

I don't know about AJ coming off as a star. Besides the crowd popping huge for him, what did he do that was so special? How many eliminations did he have? 1? He didn't really set up any future feuds, except maybe with KO. He took way too much offense and bumped around like Dolph Ziggler.

Like everyone else, I'm tired of the predictable booking. Triple H and Reigns have been the Vegas odds leaders for weeks. For about a heartbeat I thought Ambrose had a chance. Nope. Not going to happen.

I'm guessing Roman getting taken out for that large stretch might have been a last minute thing because the dude looked like he had flu face before the match even began. 

If that's the case, then he should've been legitimately knocked out and carted off. Having him walk to the back under his own power while Kevin Owens is hobbling to the ring makes him look like a chump.

HHH is going to be murdering Roman on the mic for the next two months if they don't figure out how to write for him or just let him go on his own.  With the crowd already wanting to boo him that's not going to help. 

What are the odds HHH can restrain himself?

This was a perfectly booked rumble if Reigns had won. It was a well booked rumble is Ambrose had won. It was a terribly booked rumble because HHH won. His victory literally undermined every narrative they had built.

Also having Jericho as the iron man is the biggest fucking waste.

• Like 3

If you take HHH, Lesnar, and Reigns out, this would have been a very intriguing Rumble.

Good way to put a positive spin on "there were only three guys who had a realistic chance at winning".

Well, I actually forgot about HHH until he came out.

This was my first time actually watching since... last year's Rumble, I think. Does Roman still get that reaction everywhere, or is it mostly a Rumble/Mania audience thing?

I like how Vince doesn't the rules of his own match.

Pull him out under the ropes

And then don't put him back in to toss him out

This, above everything else, drove me insane. It made the LoN and Vince look like the biggest fucking moron in the world. EVERYONE knew Reigns was coming back, and it didn't make him look "tough" for toughing it out because he didn't FUCKING SELL IT, it made him look like a bitch who took a loophope.

• Like 2

It was a weird Rumble in the sense it did the little things really well but did the two or three biggest things incredibly wrong. So it was completely watchable, and I'm not even all that vexed over the HHH thing, but it could have been so much better than it even was.

• Like 3

HHH is going to be murdering Roman on the mic for the next two months if they don't figure out how to write for him or just let him go on his own.  With the crowd already wanting to boo him that's not going to help. 

What are the odds HHH can restrain himself?

It's gonna be HHH/Cena in 2006 redux.

• Like 1

This was a perfectly booked rumble if Reigns had won. It was a well booked rumble is Ambrose had won. It was a terribly booked rumble because HHH won. His victory literally undermined every narrative they had built.

Also having Jericho as the iron man is the biggest fucking waste.

I did love that he was finally eliminated only because he paused to do a dad Rock-out pose.