DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2016 POST SHOW

RIPPA

I'll say this: how great was Sasha tonight? Stomping Becky. Making Charlotte switch the belt into her other hand for the BFF hand thing. The reverse strut and wooing at Flair.

It's like she never debuted months ago and did nothing for half a year.

I wasn't keen on the Becky stomp.  I think most of us knew that Becky was just a stop-gap to Charlotte-Sasha.  But I get the feeling that the Lass Kicker is going to get pushed to the side.

I'll say this: how great was Sasha tonight? Stomping Becky. Making Charlotte switch the belt into her other hand for the BFF hand thing. The reverse strut and wooing at Flair.

It's like she never debuted months ago and did nothing for half a year.

I wasn't keen on the Becky stomp. I think most of us knew that Becky was just a stop-gap to Charlotte-Sasha. But I get the feeling that the Lass Kicker is going to get pushed to the side.

Becky is about to be Barkley to Sasha's MJ for this era. Barring injury or departure she's just going to wind up a step below.

See? How much better an entrance would that have been, but fucking WWE gave us a reaction shot from the 57th best actor on the roster instead.

They were pretty clearly waiting for AJ to be on the ramp to build up suspense with the new music.

• Like 1

I'm far from a HHH fan but I'm actually kinda shocked people are spinning this as an ego stroke or Roman burial. Like it or not, it's the match they've built for months. A regular grudge match makes no sense because the whole issue started over Roman being screwed out of the title. Plus, Roman is their guy - the big title win at Mania has been on the books since the moment Seth cashed in. We can argue their choices but they clearly have a plan and they're sticking to it despite injuries crippling their flexibility.

See? How much better an entrance would that have been, but fucking WWE gave us a reaction shot from the 57th best actor on the roster instead.

They were pretty clearly waiting for AJ to be on the ramp to build up suspense with the new music.

Yeah, they were playing up that Roman didn't recognize the music and was trying to figure out who it was.

Becky Lynch ‏@BeckyLynchWWE 2m2 minutes ago

The strongest steel is forged by the hottest fires.... This is only the beginning. #RoyalRumble

Poor, doomed idiot.

And this is before she gets lapped by Bayley later this year when SHE gets a call-up.

You can't blame Becks for being persistent, but she's kind of screwed.

I really enjoyed Brown Strawberry eliminating Kane and Show back to back. Passing of the torch type of moment for giant monster wrestlers.

Brock stiffed the fuck out of him but he couldn't suplex that big bastard. My Mania dream match is still alive.

I want see Brock vs Stroman way more than Brock vs Bray. Brock got pissed at Stroman pretty early and just stiffed the shit out of him the rest of the way. Either match is a waste of Brock at Mania, but Brock throwing around Stroman >  Brock throwing around Bray.

Whoever booked this one was on the money, even the entrants were placed properly. It's just the ending that spoiled it. But like someone else said, there's a lot of other good shit going on in WWE right now to where you can ignore the title scene completely and it's still an awesome product (more or less).

Charlotte vs Becky vs Sasha in the semi-main/bathroom break Divas match at 'Mania will be awesome, and probably the best Divas match at 'Mania since... what, Mickie/Trish?

EDIT: Big LOL at the idea of a wrestler that has political clout not caring about his own legacy. Which means, y'know, being in the "history books" for title reigns and most eliminations. But, hey, whatever. And you didn't say you stopped watching WWE in 2002 or something? I seem to remember a thread where you specifically said that.

That sure was not me. That was someone else who said that, yet knew all the guys and storylines enough to be upset about things on a show he hasn't watched in 13 years. HHH winning the title is specifically so he can drop it to Roman at WM. 

The show was definitely not bad or anything. It just had a bunch of outcomes that I didn't care about creatively. 

This is how shows always are. I can't remember one that I've watched after it originally aired since WM 30. Typically, we get decent in-ring action and questionable booking from these shows, and they all run together in the end. 

This will sound ridiculous, but sometimes I really do wonder if they're trying to book Roman into oblivion on purpose. It's clearly just incompetence, but I still wonder sometimes anyway. 

HHH losing the gold to Roman at WM won't help Roman. Having a title reign longer than four weeks might do the trick. 

I hope Becky isn't out of the picture completely. Maybe a three way match with Charlotte/Becky/Sasha at Fastlane before moving onto Sasha/Charlotte for WM. 

I would love to see a Diva's title match with Ric Flair suspended above the ring in shark cage. That would be so money. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOL at the idea of Roman for one second being "buried." I don't think Cena, Rock or Austin ever had as many hours of TV built around them as this mediocre asshole. It's non-stop with this guy.

Zero interest in any of that but again...this Rumble was super fun. Dudes are about to start getting healthy after Mania and all sorts of stuff will be fun. The future's so bright I've got to...well fuck it Lucha Underground's back next week who cares

I think you can hot potato the belt on to Becky tomorrow. She has Ric arrested for sexual assault for forcing himself on her. Charlotte agrees to one more match is Becky drops the charges. Becky agrees and wins since Ric is unable to get to the arena in time

I'm far from a HHH fan but I'm actually kinda shocked people are spinning this as an ego stroke or Roman burial. Like it or not, it's the match they've built for months. A regular grudge match makes no sense because the whole issue started over Roman being screwed out of the title. Plus, Roman is their guy - the big title win at Mania has been on the books since the moment Seth cashed in. We can argue their choices but they clearly have a plan and they're sticking to it despite injuries crippling their flexibility.

Why does Triple H have to be champion for that match to happen?  Why is Bray Wyatt still a jobber?

Oh, and R-Truth was awesome...again. Please keep this guy around forever.

There's comedy, high comedy, and then there's not knowing what event it is to where you're looking for a belt/briefcase 15 feet above the ring that isn't there.