DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

Steam sales are not nearly as nuts as they used to be. I remember last year there was a lot of noise from some developers that they were overdoing it to the point no one was willing to pay full retail for games and it was killing them. The last couple major seasonal sales have been far less radical.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CSC said:

Yea I'm all over Stardew Valley for $11.99 but other than that nothing too remarkable today (that I can actually play on my laptop).

I too am going for Stardew Valley and I'm going to also get the X-Com pack for 9.99.

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Steam sales are not nearly as nuts as they used to be. I remember last year there was a lot of noise from some developers that they were overdoing it to the point no one was willing to pay full retail for games and it was killing them. The last couple major seasonal sales have been far less radical.

To those developers I say, "Too bad, too sad." I haven't bought anything on Steam's sales since this change.

Pretty sure the only things I'll get this time around are a second copy of Victor Vran so my fiancee and I can play together and maybe Offworld Trading Company, even though I try to avoid giving Stardock money.

I just got Steam, but how do I know if my system meets requirements for certain games? I'm assuming Steam doesn't have a system in place where it won't let you download games that you can't run on your laptop/PC, which is unfortunate since it asks for you to complete a survey when you download it and they have your specs.

42 minutes ago, Shane said:

Got the Left 4 Dead bundle. I'd played both games a bunch on 360, so $6 for both seemed reasonable. It's just a quick, fun time waster for me. 

Are those games even playable still on Xbox? My understanding with them is that parts of it had to be played online, which is why I have never bothered with them.

Grabbed Rocket League, 7 Days to Die, Superhot, and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

But after playing Rocket League for a few minutes, I doubt those other three will get any play any time soon.

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

Are those games even playable still on Xbox? My understanding with them is that parts of it had to be played online, which is why I have never bothered with them.

In this case, I bought them on Steam. Both are backwards compatible on the XB1, though, so I assume that you could still connect to a game on 360 as well. 

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Well shit. This laptop ain't that old, but it sucks apparently. I'll be surprised if I can even run Age of Empires 3.

Steam has their "under two hours within two weeks of purchase" refund system, so you can always return a game if it won't run well on your set-up.

Anyone in the UK after an XBox One that doesn't want to wait for the slim model, they've dropped a fair amount in price over the past week.

Argos have the FIFA 16 bundle for £185. Currys have the 'Name Your Game' bundle for £185. Both the 500gig version. And Smyths have the 1TB model with The Division for £216 this weekend. I'm guessing it's places clearing out excess stock before the new model is released.

I'm tempted but i don't really need an XBone. I was going to pick one up once there's enough exclusive titles to make it worth while and when the price is cheep enough. The price point is about there now, there's just not enough exclusives to make me bite yet. Am i right in thinking the Slim models main difference is the size, a bigger HD and the 4k blu-ray player?

Xbox One

The Banner Saga 2 (July 1-31)
Tumblestone (July 16-August 15)

Xbox 360

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (July 1-15)
Tron Evolution (July 16-31)

July Games with Gold

Alpha Protocol continues to stay off of the Games With Gold list so I will probably never anger blog about playing it since I will never pay cash money for that game even if it is on sale.

There's a New Xbox One for sale with a Kinect for $229 if someone wants to get an old model Xbox for dirt cheap. I may do that when the slim comes out myself and then trade bate up to a Scorpio next year just to get in some Halo 5.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-One-500GB-Kinect-Bundle-with-Dance-Central-Sports-Rivals-Zoo-Tycoon-/301978612866?hash=item464f53f482:g:gjgAAOSw3YNXbYm-&rmvSB=true

Your July PS+ offerings are:

PS4:

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

Furi

PS3:

Fat Princess

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

PS VITA:

Prince of Persia: Revelations

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines 

I'll take Gat out of Hell, I've been tempted by it half a dozen times when it's been in the sale.

Eh, it's ok. I got through the missions in about an hour and then deleted it.  Kinda of yet another underwhelming choice especially since it is on sale on PSN every other week for $5 or under.  They could have at least put up SR IV.

• Like 1