DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So far - the physical release has all the episodes on disc

And the only problem with that deal is all the people who got Wolf Among Us via Games With Gold for free

I though the physical releases for these games were just episode 1 on disc and the rest as downloads since they are released so far ahead of when ep2+ are out? 

I think the deal is PS4 only since like you say, it's been free on xbox, I don't know if they are running a similar deal with a different Telltale game for the Xbox.

Despite the Wolf Among Us going on sale every other week seemingly and hearing good things about it I've never picked it up. I don't think it's dropped to less than £8 here so Batman is basically £14. I'm trying to convince myself to go for this.

The only physical copy of a Telltale Game I bought was Tales from Borderlands and that one had all the episodes on disc.

That being said - yes, the Batman one is being handled where the physical copy gets you the first one and then the rest you download

Batman: The Telltale Series will premiere on August 2nd with the first chapter of the five-part first season. A physical copy of the game will hit stores on Sept. 13. The physical copy will include the first episode plus the season pass that will allow players to download the subsequent episodes. 

Telltale's head of creative communications Job Stauffer clarified on Twitter that the studio is "aiming" to release all five chapters of Batman: The Telltale Series by December 2016, but that they can't guarantee that they will meet that goal.

On 7/18/2016 at 9:43 AM, RIPPA said:

If you haven't gotten your XBONE yet (*cough* JT *cough) you might as well wait a few more weeks.

The One S is being released in August 2.

Two models

1 GB - $349

500GB - $299

Not feeling the 1GB for $349. Am I wrong?

• Like 2

August Games with Gold

Xbox One

Warriors Orochi Ultimate 3 (August 1-31)
WWE 2K16 (August 16-September 15)

Xbox 360

Spelunky (August 1-15)
Beyond Good & Evil HD (August 16-31)

If you haven't ever played Beyond Good & Evil - you are running out of excuses.

And looks like I will get 2K16

Updated info on the XBOX S

2TB hard-drive ($400) - This is the highest-end version, available August 2. Doesn’t come with anything special—just the Xbox One S.

1TB hard-drive ($350) - At this price you can pick from one of two bundles, the Madden bundle (which comes with Madden 17, seven ‘Madden Ultimate Team Pro Packs,’ and a month of EA Access) or the Halo bundle (which comes with Halo 5: Guardians and Halo: The Master Chief Collection). Both bundles start shipping on August 23.

500GB hard-drive ($300) - This is the lowest-end model, and right now it’s only available as part of the Halo collection bundle. It’s also out on August 23.

That 2 TB one is a bit of a trick for those that either aren't tech savvy enough to plug in an external HD or don't understand how easy it is and how cheap hard drives are now. Never mind the fact that 1 TB is enough for anyone that isn't a hardcore gamer, and hardcore gamers are probably the ones with extra hard drives lying around :)  Both my consoles are 1 TB, I download quite a bit of stuff but neither are close to full yet.

I guess buying a console without any games included in these days just seems silly to me, all consoles come in reasonable bundles now. The 1TB deal seems fair.

Also, yay I can play WWE 2K16!

I'm thinking about picking up one of the old modals. The 2TB One S will be £350 over here with no game. No prices announced for the 1TB or 500gig models though I'd assume around £300 and £250-£279.

You can pick up the original 500gig model at the moment for £179 with either FIFA 16 or Quantum Break or the 1TB model for £219 with The Devision. I'm not to fussed about having the latest model, it will just be for exclusives. I'm really just waiting until the price is low enough and there are enough exclusives out to make it worth while. £179 might be that price.

Hopefully they announce the S prices this week. I'd be tempted to wait if the 500gig S is indeed £250 with all 5 Halo games. But that £179 is looking rather attractive right now....

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I went for it. Only thing is, the discounts for SFV and Mega Man Legacy Collection aren't working. I originally couldn't get anything working but I was using the wrong area of the site at first.

That sucks.  I have gotten the Steam discount keys to work, but obviously I've never tried on PSN.  (And I have both SF5 and MMLC, so I won't be trying it this week). I think I have every game in the collection except Lost Planet 3 and RE0, so I will probably wait to see if anything gets added next week before deciding whether I wanna pay $15 for just RE0 (since I will probably never play LP3).  If I do, there will likely be codes given away here.

Annoyingly the Capcom Humble Bundle codes won't work on the UK PSN, while I don't have a PS3 I'd have probably spent the £10 for the 2 RE games and Strider anyway.

For those in the UK that wanted the SF5 voucher from the 75p bundle, the games on sale this week anyway. £19.99 for the base game or £29.99 with the season pass.

Edit: Looks like the Mega Man collection is also on sale in the UK store at the moment for £6.49. So at least we're not really loosing out on the vouchers over here.

10 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

That sucks.  I have gotten the Steam discount keys to work, but obviously I've never tried on PSN.  (And I have both SF5 and MMLC, so I won't be trying it this week). I think I have every game in the collection except Lost Planet 3 and RE0, so I will probably wait to see if anything gets added next week before deciding whether I wanna pay $15 for just RE0 (since I will probably never play LP3).  If I do, there will likely be codes given away here.

Yeah, the problem there for me is not having a PS3 for some of that stuff, and I remember that they usually add something to the bundles afterwards. Due to not having a gaming PC, I've never done one of these, so I'll probably pay into this for that reason and to have those RE releases.

September Games With Gold:

Xbox One

• Earthlock
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles China

Xbox 360

• Forza Horizon
  • Mirror's Edge

Earthlock looks like a new RPG. Trailer looked decent. Really looking forward to Forza Horizon.

Septembers PS+ lineup is out:

Lords of the Fallen (PS4)

Journey (PS4)

Badland (PS4/PS3/Vita)

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PS3)

Datura (PS3)

Amnesia: Memories (Vita)

I'd say it beats Games with Gold for me this month. I've heard good things about Journey and I've wanted to try out Lords of the Fallen for a while.