DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

This is the Lovesac I want to get.

01_Supersac_Sandstorm.jpg

IT HAS MOTHER FUCKING CUP HOLDERS AND STORAGE FOR GAME CONTROLLERS~!  HOW HAS MANKIND SURVIVED WITHOUT THIS PIECE OF FURNITURE?

I am going to end up like the humans in Wall-E and lose all use of my spinal column and legs after extended periods of refusing to walk.

• Like 2

"That Victor Newman is such a cad! Anyone else reading 'Joy Luck Club?' Did everyone see my barstool set? Cost me my masculinity, but well worth it! Pour me another glass of that Cabernet, it's girls' night out!"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jstout said:

"That Victor Newman is such a cad! Anyone else reading 'Joy Luck Club?' Did everyone see my barstool set? Cost me my masculinity, but well worth it! Pour me another glass of that Cabernet, it's girls' night out!"

I am ashamed to announce that I am well aware that Victor got shot in one of this week's episodes.  I also do not like what this Bill mother fucker is doing to his poor alcoholic wife on Bold & The Beautiful.

Some days, I feel like I am slowly watching my man card dissolve in a glass full of hydrochloric acid.   I will grill this weekend and destroy the hornet's nest slowly forming under my deck so that I can reclaim part of my masculinity.

I know that I am still partly studly since I helped a co-worker change a flat tire in the parking lot yesterday.

Wait a sec.  How the fuck do you know about Victor Neuman, Stout~?!  BUSTED~!  And don't try to pull that I Only Watched General Hospital During The Cool Ass Ice Princess Episodes Because It Was Like James Bond bullshit!

Do I need to get you some lemon-aid and a cucumber sandwich, too? :)

• Like 1

Only one type of sandwich and no sugar free drink options?

Man...you got lots of learn about afternoon tea.

That's the kind of spread that makes sure your Man Cave will never be.

• Like 1

I had to Google the show to remember his name, but I've watched some Y&R back in my non-bachelor days. He used to crack me up - he was like Evil Burt Reynolds. I'm fairly fluent in early America's Next Top Model, freakin' Charmed and late-period Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Proud of these facts I am not. I at least claimed my masculinity by talking during the entire episodes of Charmed about how much I wanted a roll in the hay with any of the women on the show.

• Like 1

In the attempt to be a good man, I watch the Y&R and B&B replay with my woman on Fridays when I get home for the weekend right before I go and game for a couple of hours.  I just think it is hilarious how these characters commit crime after crime and never see jail time unless the person portraying them wants to take time off.

2 hours ago, CSC said:

Only one type of sandwich and no sugar free drink options?

Man...you got lots of learn about afternoon tea.

That's the kind of spread that makes sure your Man Cave will never be.

Your familiarity with this frightens me.  Mostly because If I don't acquire it, I will never see my man cave dream come to reality.

• Like 1

Just be thankful your closet isn't full of hat boxes with vintage Victorian era hats from the local thrift store for proper tea attire.

My girlfriend is an old woman at heart.

• Like 2

One of these days Chris will tell his girlfriend that he hid an engagement ring amongst all the Victorian Hats.

That will solve that problem right quick

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

My mom was a CBS soap watcher, but my roommate as a collefe freshman got me to watch GH for the year. Conveniently,  it was during time i didnt watch wrestling.

Alan Spaulding (Pre-1988) > Victor Newman.

When I was in junior high for some reason my mom decided they had to remodel my room.  No way she would let me have the all black walls and window blinds with weird abstract art hat my moody metalhead teen brain wanted, but when she asked me what I thought and I said "Alan Spaulings office" she was like "Hey, yeah. Stylish."

The result: All black walls and window blinds with weird abstract art. ALAN SPAULING@@@@@

If you haven't gotten your XBONE yet (*cough* JT *cough) you might as well wait a few more weeks.

The One S is being released in August 2.

Two models

1 GB - $349

500GB - $299

Which I think is the pricing for the current XBONE so I have to imagine those are going to be discounted to get off the shelves.

• Like 1

And actually only the 2TB model will be avaiable on August 2

The other two models have unknown release dates (one would assume before Xmas)

Pre-ordering the Batman Telltale series on PS4 for 22.49 gets you the Wolf Among Us for free. Hard to resist at that price. I was holding out to see if there was anything fancy in the physical release or if it was purely just the first episode in disc and the rest as a code but I am very tempted now.

Looks like the deals available on both the US and EU store. Except we get screwed on the price as usual on the EU store.

So far - the physical release has all the episodes on disc

And the only problem with that deal is all the people who got Wolf Among Us via Games With Gold for free