DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Microsoft's current XBOX One deal

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-1TB-Spring-Bundle/productID.335427100?tduid=(ad6d858504a86919f8607eafe18cbe91)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-GpEb5VFbKipkL72UukKFGw)()

1 TB machine

Halo 5

Gears of War Ultimate Edition

Rare Replay

Ori and the Blind Forest

Free game of your choosing (I am assuming there is a list to choose from)

Free extra controller

Grand Total - $319

It is really getting to the point that it is shameful that some of you haven't bought your One yet

I'm convinced that the moment I buy one is when they announce it will be obsolete or it has a big price drop.

21 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm convinced that the moment I buy one is when they announce it will be obsolete or it has a big price drop.

Wait. There's a slim model with supposedly a 4K BR Player coming out later this year, and a much more high powered one coming out next year with I think rumored Oculus support. I've decided I'll wait to next year if I ever bother to get one.

Anyone else having trouble downloading this month's free Xbox stuff? I was trying to load Super Meat Boy onto my XB1 and it keeps kicking me to an error. Tried it on the computer as well, but no dice. Had the same issue with Costume Quest. Haven't tried Goat Simulator, if only because I already own it on 360. 

On 5/31/2016 at 1:28 PM, Basara said:

That sucks, I've been fortunate so far that in the year and a half I've had PS+ I've not owned any of the games. I'm convinced every time i buy something from the store in the sale it will end up on PS+ the next month.

I had this exact conversation with my girlfriend while looking at Best Buy. I'm pretty much done with buying physical copies now as it'll either be free in six months or get a steep discount from a flash sale.

Saw on Reddit that XBL currently has one of the Tekken Tag Tournament games for free. Not able to check for myself currently to verify, but have at it if Tekken is your jam.

It is 2

Microsoft announced at its E3 2016 press event that Xbox Live Gold members can download Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the Xbox 360 for free via its Xbox One backward compatibility feature.

The game will remain free to download for the next week for Xbox Live Gold members. As far as Tekken 7 goes, publisher Namco Bandai says that it will feature a cinematic story mode that will blends seamlessly with the game's combat.

EDIT - And I just looked on the Xbox website and it is labelled as "Free - Gold Exclusive" (you have to do the 360 version)

I just picked up the Uncharted Collection physical on sale from Target for $19.99. I'm going to play through all of these and update you folks no matter how long the posts are or how little you care that I'm playing through a bunch of games from last generation for the first time. 

• Like 1

You're doing yourself a disservice if you haven't checked out the GOG Summer Sale this week as well.  All games are DRM-free and some of the deals are even better than you'll find on Steam.  

The last couple of Steam Sales have been pretty underwhelming but of course I'll be there next week eagerly waiting to see what sort of temptations are waiting for me.

22 minutes ago, Craig H said:

On the GOG sale, is Witcher 3 plus the expansion pass for $50 a good deal?

I am going to say yes and I have never ever played Witcher 3 but CD Projekt Red is the one company that tends to over-deliver on DLC

Also look at it this way - the base game is still selling for $50 so you are getting the additional $25 of DLC for free (not to mention the 16 free pieces of DLC that already come with the game)

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

XCOM:  Enemy Within is now free on 360 for Games With Gold.

I take it that I should download this immediately.

Yes - though in my case I will just be tossing in my copy into the One and download via backwards compatibilty

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am going to say yes and I have never ever played Witcher 3 but CD Projekt Red is the one company that tends to over-deliver on DLC

Also look at it this way - the base game is still selling for $50 so you are getting the additional $25 of DLC for free (not to mention the 16 free pieces of DLC that already come with the game)

The Witcher 3 is the best first-person RPG I've ever played.  I picked it up for $25 at GoG back in February or so and still haven't finished it, but I would generally say anything that gives more hard-earned cash to a developer like CD Projekt Red is money well-invested in your entertainment.  Witcher 3 really exposes how flat and lifeless Skyrim is by comparison.