DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE SUIKODEN 2 IS ON SALE FOR AS LITTLE AS THREE AMERICAN DOLLARS ON PSN WHY ARE YOU NOT PLAYING IT~??

Currently? I'm a grown ass dude with too many responsibilities and too little free time. A game of that size and complexity has me SHOOK. 

It will remain on that part of my pile of shame where I haven't even bothered to buy it. Someday...

I hear ya, man.    The fellas pick on me because I haven't gotten a XB1 yet and my answer is always lol mortgage, fool! 

The counter length chairs my beloved significant other wants for the new dinette set are not going to buy themselves..

• Like 1

Speaking of XBONE deals - new best deal ever

bmvqnljz49uwuqd8jexp.PNG

I know, I know. The Xbox One S is coming soon. But damn, it’s hard to resist this $299 deal. That gets you the 1TB Spring Bundle (which includes four games), an extra game, a $50 Microsoft store credit, an extra controller, and a $20 credit to spend at the new Xbox Design Lab.

Even if you you didn’t play the bonus game or use the $20 credit, the extra controller and store credit alone are worth about $100, and you’re saving $50 on the console, so I feel pretty comfortable calling this the best Xbox One deal I’ve ever seen.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-Spring-Bundle-1TB/productID.335427100?tduid=(a671f8538b3dc43c6f0b97a9274910fd)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-XwcvxN_Zylu5UOIG_5.SNw)()

49 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I hear ya, man.    The fellas pick on me because I haven't gotten a XB1 yet and my answer is always lol mortgage, fool! 

The counter length chairs my beloved significant other wants for the new dinette set are not going to buy themselves..

Plus that TRT must cost a fortune.

I have already designated the lowest room to be the man cave.  If I deal with this bullshit now, there will be no opposition to the nerd posters I have framed and put on the wall nor will there be static about the gamer furniture I pick out from from Lovesac

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I have already designated the lowest room to be the man cave.  If I deal with this bullshit now, there will be no opposition to the nerd posters I have framed and put on the wall nor will there be static about the gamer furniture I pick out from from Lovesac

You just go on thinking that.

• Like 1

I've already sacrificed the loft idea so I have clearance from the chief to claim the basement. 

I was going to use the loft as the man cave but the builders ACCIDENTALLY added a $25K terrace, so it made no sense for me to nerdize the entire area now that it was a nice place to entertain guests.

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

What are these "Guests" of which you speak?

Mostly friends and co-workers that my significant other knows, hence me having my nerd cave moved out of sight and mind so that there will be no rolling of the eyes at the video game paraphernalia, comic book posters, and stacks of old Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazines laying about.

20 minutes ago, CSC said:

Out of site, out of mind, doesn't matter.  If it's down there and she knows it's down there, there's going to be so much eye rolling.

She's slept over at my old apartment, so she knew what she was getting into.  My desk replica of Kaneda's motorcycle from Akira will be displayed proudly somewhere in the nerd cave.

You are not helping.  I am trying to convince myself that Keep Hope Alive is not code for Remain Delusional.

Even she occasionally asks me "Baby, why haven't you bought an Xbox One yet?" and my answer is lol mortgage and then she is pleased by my financial restraint.

Funny how we always seem to have money when it is time to visit her relatives out of town though.   Hmmm.

51 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Mostly friends and co-workers that my significant other knows, hence me having my nerd cave moved out of sight and mind so that there will be no rolling of the eyes at the video game paraphernalia, comic book posters, and stacks of old Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazines laying about.

No more blonde Jehovah's Witnesses?  JT's been domesticated.

• Like 1

Lovesac?

Don't think the city would allow one of those in my town.

Though that was quite the hit for the B-52s back in the day.

"Entertaining Guests" - setting up tea parties for his Pokemon figures.

34 minutes ago, Robert C said:

No more blonde Jehovah's Witnesses?  JT's been domesticated.

It is the end of an era, but I will always keep the jean shorts on stand by.   Just in case...

30 minutes ago, jstout said:

Lovesac?

Don't think the city would allow one of those in my town.

Though that was quite the hit for the B-52s back in the day.

No, man, not Love Shack.  Lovesac!  The industrial size bean bag chairs, yo!

imaginableshape.jpg

A necessity... nay.. a REQUIREMENT for any proper modern man cave!  I thought that all aspiring creatures of leisure were well acquainted with Lovesac.

30 minutes ago, jstout said:

."Entertaining Guests" - setting up tea parties for his Pokemon figures.

Actually it means, "Dear, why don't you go downstairs to the kitchen and fetch me and the ladies some more lemon-aid and cucumber sandwiches while we chill on the loft terrace and talk about soap operas?" 

• Like 2