DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

Evening fellas,

Can anybody point in the direction of a good website that shows all the best deals for PC games? For example steamkeys and the such that are on offer currently? The best i've seen so far is isthereanydeal.com but I find it quite annoying and hard to navigate and filter.

Cheers

-Adam

Cheapshark.  I've also been getting a ton of shit from cdkeys.  That mainly seems to be good for getting new releases for gameboy prices (30 buck area).  Like the new mad max game is eight bucks.  next deus ex is $31 etc..  complete diablo 3 for 16.  That's where I bought doom last Sunday.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G2C0F4K?tag=kinjadeals-20&ascsubtag=dcd761c66f5d0e99b1503c3c65cf92ea67747224&rawdata=%5Br%7Chttp%3A%2F%2Fkotaku.com%2F%5Bt%7Cmod-title%5Bp%7C1778239930%5Ba%7CB01G2C0F4K%5Bau%7C5856732741879800112%5Bb%7Cdeals

That would be Amazon selling a 1TB XBOX One for $369 that comes with

- Gears of War Ultimate Edition

- Rare Replay

- Ori and the Blind Forest

- Halo 5 LE

- Forza Horizon 2

- a 2nd Controller

- $50 Amazon Gift Card

PSN having a $5 and under flash sale netted me:  Saints Row: The Third (which is really fun), Hitman Trilogy HD (haven't played any of it), and Ducktales Remastered, which is a fun little walk down memory lane.

On the Uncharted front:  I got to the generator room with those things and basically gave up.  Mostly due to them grabbing onto me and not being able to shake them off.  I followed the prompt, shook the controller, but it didn't work.  I really loathe motion controls by anyone not named Nintendo.  At least that stuff functioned well enough that I never had a problem with it.  Decided to just move on to Uncharted 2 which feels like a huge step up so far.  Might have to get Uncharted 3, but I'm going to wait the current one out until the end.  See how I feel about it.

16 hours ago, Shylock said:

PSN having a $5 and under flash sale netted me:  Saints Row: The Third (which is really fun), Hitman Trilogy HD (haven't played any of it), and Ducktales Remastered, which is a fun little walk down memory lane.

On the Uncharted front:  I got to the generator room with those things and basically gave up.  Mostly due to them grabbing onto me and not being able to shake them off.  I followed the prompt, shook the controller, but it didn't work.  I really loathe motion controls by anyone not named Nintendo.  At least that stuff functioned well enough that I never had a problem with it.  Decided to just move on to Uncharted 2 which feels like a huge step up so far.  Might have to get Uncharted 3, but I'm going to wait the current one out until the end.  See how I feel about it.

Even without the motion controls, that sequence is frustrating. It's where I'm currently stuck in the first game.

XBOX's June Games With Gold

XBOX One

Goat Simulator (June 1-30)
The Crew (June 16-July 15)

Super Meat Boy (June 1-15)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (June 16-30)

Great news for me because it means XCOM is backwards compatible so that moves it up my pile of shame list

I think it's just because it's a long month. The June games aren't up until the 7th. They normally don't release the list until the Wednesday before. So it will be next week when they tell us what generic indie shooters we can look forward to. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, roofiethebutcher said:

Are any of the games on sale for the Extended Play thing on PSN worth picking up?  I haven't played Prototype 1 or 2, so is 20 bucks worth it? 

PS3 versions, no. PS4 versions maybe. The games are a lot of fun but the PS3 versions can be found dirt cheap. 

16 hours ago, roofiethebutcher said:

Are any of the games on sale for the Extended Play thing on PSN worth picking up?  I haven't played Prototype 1 or 2, so is 20 bucks worth it? 

I loved Prototype on the PS3 and Prototype 2 was decent enough. Unfortunately they are apparently not great remasters. I'm not a fan of all these remastered games being released this generation but if they were a big step up from the originals i might have been tempted by this. If you've never played the originals before though they could be worth a punt.

On 5/28/2016 at 10:34 AM, roofiethebutcher said:

No, not really. Unless you are nuts and you think trying to Platinum anything is fun.

Can someone point me to the cheapest deal for a 2DS/3DS? Or maybe I've already found it, in the bundle that comes with a download code for Mario Kart 7. I personally could care less about Mario Kart, I really only want one to play Pokemon since my Gameboy Color has finally hit that point where saved games are lost when you change the batteries.

Additionally, what's the best Pokemon game? I know it's not the place to ask, but fuck it. There's way too many to even tell the difference anymore, last one I played were the original Gold/Silver waaaay back when.

Per my son

X/Y are the easiest

Diamond/Pearl are hardest (also hardest to find an non-expensive price)

You would need to play Black/White before Black/White 2 (since it is a a direct sequel)

Omega Rudy/Alpha Sapphire are good but are just a remake (in case you already played Ruby Sapphire)

EDIT - Heart Gold/Soul Silver is a remake of Gold/Silver and is on the DS so that might be your best bet to jump back in (That is the one I played the most since my son was way younger so I had to handle the harder battles for him and it was hella fun)

• Like 1

Looks like the leaked PS4 plus line-up was correct. Coming in June:

NBA 2K16 (PS4)

Gone Home (PS4)

Echochrome (PS3)

Siren: Blood Curse (PS3)

God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP/PS Vita)

Little Deviants (PS Vita)

Another AAA release for the PS4 (is that 2 or 3 months in a row?). I'm happy with NBA 2K16. I'ts not a game i'd ever buy so i get to try something new out for free. Which is kind of what i want from PS+. Yes it's annoying when it's the same old side scrolling indie shooters every week but most of the time the games are things i wouldn't have normally given a chance so i get to try something new. Gone Home, i had no idea what that was, watched a trailer, and it looked suitably creepy so i'll give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Gone Home has fantastic atmosphere. NBA 2K16 is one of the best sports games. I already have both. :/

That sucks, I've been fortunate so far that in the year and a half I've had PS+ I've not owned any of the games. I'm convinced every time i buy something from the store in the sale it will end up on PS+ the next month.

Microsoft's current XBOX One deal

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-1TB-Spring-Bundle/productID.335427100?tduid=(ad6d858504a86919f8607eafe18cbe91)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-GpEb5VFbKipkL72UukKFGw)()

1 TB machine

Halo 5

Gears of War Ultimate Edition

Rare Replay

Ori and the Blind Forest

Free game of your choosing (I am assuming there is a list to choose from)

Free extra controller

Grand Total - $319

It is really getting to the point that it is shameful that some of you haven't bought your One yet

5 hours ago, Basara said:

Looks like the leaked PS4 plus line-up was correct. Coming in June:

NBA 2K16 (PS4)

Gone Home (PS4)

Echochrome (PS3)

Siren: Blood Curse (PS3)

God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP/PS Vita)

Little Deviants (PS Vita)

Another AAA release for the PS4 (is that 2 or 3 months in a row?). I'm happy with NBA 2K16. I'ts not a game i'd ever buy so i get to try something new out for free. Which is kind of what i want from PS+. Yes it's annoying when it's the same old side scrolling indie shooters every week but most of the time the games are things i wouldn't have normally given a chance so i get to try something new. Gone Home, i had no idea what that was, watched a trailer, and it looked suitably creepy so i'll give it a shot.

That list is great. Second time they've given away an NBA 2k game free on plus.