DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

TNA is behind, again, on paying their production staff.

TNA will be returning to Orlando in one month for Slammiversary and TV tapings with an upset and frustrated TV production crew if they do not catch up on payments.

PWTorch has learned from multiple sources that TNA is behind paying some production workers going back to January and March TV tapings.

After struggling to make payments on-time throughout 2015, TNA handed over the system to the Harris Twins through their production company Aroluxe, payable by TNA. Since then, payments have continued to be late. The situation has especially been exacerbated by TNA leaving their long-time office in Nashville and relocating to the merchandise warehouse.

Also, production workers have been met with resistance when inquiring about payments. PWTorch has also learned that some production workers have been told they will or might be replaced at the next tapings in June, likely in favor of independent production workers who do not have a history of late payments

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That tweet is what prompted my post but it has been going on since Dave reported about the TNA sale

Now remember - Mike Johnson has been reporting the same things as Dave but they are cool with him but Dave is a pox upon all our houses

I thought the Davey M line was a funny throw away line that Meltzer would just laugh off or better yet not acknowledge at all, but this new Twitter Troll Meltzer doesn't let things go ... he should have.  His record with women who aren't Ronda Rosser or Charlotte is pretty terrible.  Of course Maria having to take the Eric Young spot as flag bearer for High Morale and the awesomeness that is TNA is a pretty poor way to use Maria, at least this early in the game.  She is a breath of fresh air on tv, but she is already getting that TNA stank on her.  As always, when it comes to TNA nobody wins.

I'm catching up on old WONs and can't believe that I happened to read this one this morning. This is from July 6, 2015

Morale was at an all-time low at the tapings this past week. The Jarrett stuff was only part of it, along with the feeling they kayfabed everyone on it for no reason, particularly since it was a taped show and that the company was happy it got it on Twitter but felt the need to hide it from even the production people, the wrestlers, and all the workers. The production people were mad because after working the live show, and the tapings the next day, the production people at a 6/25 meeting were told they were going to get paid for the previous set of tapings until 7/15 or later. They were of the impression if they came in for his set of tapings, they'd be paid. Brian Fritz of The Sporting News even wrote a story on this, noting that when everyone was complaining, Ron & Don Harris, the former wrestlers who were just hired back, who hadn't worked there, told the people complaining that if they weren't happy, they should just leave. The dynamic was weird, as within the company, and even on the production staff, there was more heat on trying to find out which member of the staff talked to Fritz (the story was 100% true by the way) than being mad at the company for putting the production people in this situation. What's notable also is that the people did then work the tapings Friday and Saturday as well as the PPV on Sunday.

Edited by RIPPA

14 hours ago, eastcoast_joe said:

I thought the Davey M line was a funny throw away line that Meltzer would just laugh off or better yet not acknowledge at all, but this new Twitter Troll Meltzer doesn't let things go ... he should have.  His record with women who aren't Ronda Rosser or Charlotte is pretty terrible.  Of course Maria having to take the Eric Young spot as flag bearer for High Morale and the awesomeness that is TNA is a pretty poor way to use Maria, at least this early in the game.  She is a breath of fresh air on tv, but she is already getting that TNA stank on her.  As always, when it comes to TNA nobody wins.

AJ Styles did alright.

2 hours ago, nate said:

AJ Styles did alright.

I was talking about The Bennetts, Meltz, fans etc.  

Yes, there is life after TNA and there are outliers in every situation, but even The Phenomenal One had to take time to work the TNA out of him.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2016 at 8:21 PM, Casey said:

TNA is behind, again, on paying their production staff.

I thought Nazi's were supposed to make shit run on time?

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

I thought Nazi's were supposed to make shit run on time?

There was some confusion. The production people kept asking when they were being paid and the Harris Bros. kept saying, "Nein."

• Like 6

How low can one's wrestling IQ be when you have AJ Styles, peaking as an in-ring performer and getting huge crowd reactions, and the best you can give him is Claire Lynch?  And he still overcame that so instead of using him as a straight babyface foil to the Aces & Eights, you confuse the crowd by making him an emo tweener.

Or you have the chance to re-sign him for far less money than he's worth but think he's not worth it because you think WWE would never sign him so he goes and draws for every other company that he works for before he signs with and main events for WWE.

In the past three years, TNA has lost like 80% of their domestic television audience, 100% of their live event revenue,  PPV buys might break into the 1000s for the bigger shows and the ONOs might be in the low-hundreds.  And the most damning thing is that other companies get far more out of TNA's talent than this regime can.

When they were moving offices, some of these people, Big and Lagana mainly, should have been told to just take their shit home.

• Like 1

All I'm reading into it is that Animal House's Kevin Bacon was in Flatliners with Oliver Platt who was in Ready to Rumble with Sting who was in TNA.

• Like 3

If you're TNA, where do you go when you inevitably get bumped by Pop TV? TNA on RFD?

"The Impact replay has been canceled in favor of showing more Hee Haw reruns."

Somebody needs to go out back and shoot the poor thing and end its suffering.

Game show network. Fits in with being on Challenge, after the reruns of Bullseye* and before Video Game Nation (Wrestle Talk TV was cancelled).

* This is what Challenge shows, when it's not showing TNA:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jstout said:

If you're TNA, where do you go when you inevitably get bumped by Pop TV? TNA on RFD?

"The Impact replay has been canceled in favor of showing more Hee Haw reruns."

Somebody needs to go out back and shoot the poor thing and end its suffering.

I'd be pretty pumped if TNA was on RFD and there was a Cookin Outdoors crossover episode.

I've watched more full episodes of Sale of the Century this year than I have full eps of Impact.

I reckon a crossover episode with involve Don West and karatbars.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, zev said:

I've watched more full episodes of Sale of the Century this year than I have full eps of Impact.

I reckon a crossover episode with involve Don West and karatbars.

Sale of the Century is pretty good, but it's got nothing on Press Your Luck. The original version, not that early 2000's bastardization hosted by Todd Newton. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Lazlo Woodbine said:

You can't beat a bit of Bully, though.

I still watch TNA occasionally, but I wouldn't be too fussed if Challenge replaced it with The Krypton Factor or something.

BRING BACK CRYSTAL MAZE!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sale of the Century is pretty good, but it's got nothing on Press Your Luck. The original version, not that early 2000's bastardization hosted by Todd Newton. 

I can almost picture Dixie trying to tell the TNA production workers they won't be getting paid because "the Whammies took all the money."

• Like 10