DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

HA! Billy Corgan - excuse me William Corgan - is apparently now a heel authority figure

He has to have a match at Lockdown...because despite all his rage, he's still just a...you know.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

HA! Billy Corgan - excuse me William Corgan - is apparently now a heel authority figure

While it certainly did seem that way at first, I *think* he's still face/impartial since he gave Gail a title shot, though I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

You have to give Dixie credit.  Nobody thought they would find someone dumb enough to put lots of money into TNA AND STILL give her the vast majority control of it.

She found the dumbass

Ironic that lack of autonomy wasn't an issue for him for once.

• Like 2

So based on his recent success and the fact that they completely ignored his run in TNA on RAW yesterday, is it safe to assume that the next Hall of Famer announced this week is going to be AJ Styles.  Especially since they are still plugging his Best of DVD almost a year after leaving the company

Would he make an appearance in TNA for that?  It's hard to imagine Vince ok'ing AJ to appear in TNA and, for a while there, AJ seemed to hate TNA after he left.  Apparently, he didn't like how the contract negotiations went.

There was a rumor that if the WWE hadn't signed him, he would have negotiated a new deal with TNA, so maybe they mended fences,

On tonight's almost live show - they announced they are doing a Gold Rush theme

All the titles will be on the line

Only one of those matches announced so far is Jeff Hardy vs. Eli Drake for the King of the Mountain Title

TNA AVOIDED MAJOR BULLET THIS PAST WEEKEND
By Mike Johnson on 2016-06-14 09:33:00
While TNA Slammiversary was a very good show and TNA will produce a number of hours of Impact Wrestling for a "live" broadcast tonight as well as future episodes of Pop, perhaps their biggest accomplishment was even getting the tapings to take place.

According to a post made by Dean Broadhead, the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer of TNA, on his personal Facebook page on Saturday morning, he had to "secure interim financing" with a 12 hour window in order for "production trucks to roll" for this weekend's events.

Broadhead wrote that between Thursday and Friday of last week, he logged over 80 phone calls on his cell phone to attorneys, vendors, bankers and employees.  Broadhead noted he had a 12 hour timeframe to deal with lawyers, bankers, accountants and owners and given that they were spread out over the world, that required all of his phone calls.

Broadhead commented, "Maybe it's time to retire.  But maybe not until everything is in it's right place." 

Should Broadhead follow through with that, it would be a major loss for TNA as we've heard from sources that Broadhead's financial management is a major reason the company has been able to exist the way it has the last few years.

Aroluxe had been handling the financial end of TNA's TV production, so it may have been a case of the company having to reimburse them in order to have them to move forward with producing the PPV and TV.  As we broke over the weekend, Billy Corgan is either close to or has come on board as a new minority owner in the company, so it's possible his investment helped the company salvage the weekend.

TNA has been meeting with a number of potential investors and "strategic partners" in recent months.  Obviously, they need to strike a deal soon because there's only so many bullets they can continue to duck before they end up getting hit.

• Like 1

Just now, Vader does my taxes! said:

If my company came that close to having to call off a live event because of money issues, I don't think I'd be telling the world about it on social media.

Thinking the same thing.

Wow ... "TNA Avoided Major Bullet This Past Weekend" is maybe not the best headline, for a show put on this past weekend in a city where a major shooting happened.

Not saying this was some purposeful offense or anything like that, at all. It just amazes me though, how sometimes there's that coincidence/synchronicity with world events and then the way people write about other things in their wake.  Kinda like reading a study about an increase in purchases of red cars, then suddenly you see more red cars on the road as you're driving.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

If my company came that close to having to call off a live event because of money issues, I don't think I'd be telling the world about it on social media.

Well if I am reading it correctly, it doesn't sound he will be part of the company for too long.

There is also a facebook post from someone working at the Bethlehem shows saying that haven't been paid yet and this Dean guy isn't responding to him

So in other words, business as usual.

What amazes me is that people will willing start working for them now.

Like that one women (whose name I am spacing on) who just started showing up on their social media stuff

Did you not research the company at all before accepting the position?

• Like 1

Just now, RIPPA said:

What amazes me is that people will willing start working for them now.

Like that one women (whose name I am spacing on) who just started showing up on their social media stuff

Did you not research the company at all before accepting the position?

In this economy?  Take what money you can and run.

• Like 1

Do you mean the new announcer that seems to be the new SoCal Val?  I don't have an issue with people trying to get noticed in TNA.  For example I don't think Pepper Parks/Brandon whatever his last name or Sienna should just say "well this company is doomed let me just stay unnoticed in the indies".  

Now if they are expecting this to be their future then yes they are idiots

yeah - specifically the new announcers

The wrestlers are still working other gigs but McKenzie Mitchell (I looked up her name) left her other gig for this one

She was working as the promotion type things for Ole Miss

I feel like that would get you more job opportunities than anything you are going to submit from TNA

I mean her first day was Slammiversary - imagine showing up and finding out "Oh hey - sorry. You know that event you were covering for your first event? Yeah - we cancelled it because we had no money"