DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

The talent's there for a good women's division.  Problem is they've centered it around Maria who can't wrestle at all, is on way too much of the show, and really isn't anything special on the mic.  Also, putting somebody in charge of just the women for no real reason really marginalizes the division and feels like something TNA has done way too often.

BroMans being back together already after the way they broke up is already a leap.  The fitness guru basically makes them comedy again too.  And Raquel's actually pretty good for her experience level so just putting her in the ring would be a better use for her.  Hell of a character change from lurking around backstage being all, "Your pain, my pleasure." to Lashley to this.

Lucha Libre World Cup is a thing again this year.

Team USA-TNA represented by the high-flying trio of EC3, Eli Drake, and Tyrus.  I kind of want to see Tyrus against Pentagon, Jr. and Psycho Clown.

Spud on Team Rest Of The World with shitty-ass Apollo from Puerto Rico and Mil Muertes from "Beyond The Grave", I suppose.

Women tournament this year too cause they had the show timed out so well last year with just the men.  Allie and Sienna on Team Canada and USA respectfully.

Last month's gif thread had a page full of DELIGHTFUL reaction gifs to Davey Richards being...well...Davey Richards.  Watch the segment then go here http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4991-may-2016-animated-gif-thread/&page=3  It doesn't get much better.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The sale to the Nazis is complete. 

Per who?

I can't find any stories (not saying it didn't happen)

It would also be interesting if it is happening since Meltzer basically said the Harris and company basically were out of money too

I'm still calling bullshit on all of this because NO ONE is talking about it including no mention of it on Keller's twitter

But he is telling everyone that he is vegan so there is that 

All kidding aside (yeah, right), if the nazis do buy TNA, they have to bring in Chuck Taylor do his his anti-Semitic babyface character right?

(While doing commentary for PWG, Taylor mentioned his idea for a southern-style uber babyface who was nonetheless a raving anti-Semite and racist.  Basically, Ricky Morton coming out and cutting a promo: "I want to thank you for coming out to support me and know that I'll continue to fight for all of you.  Except the Blacks.  And the Jews.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  DRIVE SAFELY."

It was amazingly ridiculous.  I'm really surprised Memphis never tried it.).

And, yeah, Meltzer seems to think the Harris Bros. company doesn't have any money to put into TNA either, so I'm not sure what benefit there is to selling to them.  d

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I don't see how a boutique marketing company could possibly have enough money to fund a wrestling promotion.

They don't have enough to fund a wrestling promotion.  TNA, on the other hand...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I don't see how a boutique marketing company could possibly have enough money to fund a wrestling promotion.

I know practically nothing about the company, but Meltzer has sounded skeptical they have anywhere near the capital to buy a stake in the company and infuse cash.  Honestly, Meltzer has made it so far-fetched, I wondered if they had some off-the-books source of capital (drug trafficking, money laundering, etc.).

Note: I don't have any reason to think the company is involved in anything illegal.  It's just never seemed like this company would have the interest and resources to get involved.

I still don't understand how/why Dixie went full-on carnie.  I've never heard that she or her family had any roots in wrestling pre-TNA.  She seems determined to stay in the business, when you'd kinda expect her to drift back into a mainstream job or something.

Tonight is a PPV in a city that is being devastated by a tragedy.  They are planning on having the show which I don't see as an issue.   I expect that they will handle it with respect but man it is going to be interesting to see how this handles out.   

27 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Fucking TNA. Whats next, Dixie passes around a collection plate for the survivors and keeps the money?

Don't give them any ideas.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I still don't understand how/why Dixie went full-on carnie.  I've never heard that she or her family had any roots in wrestling pre-TNA.  

Dixie said on Austin's podcast that she promoted a few small-scale wrestling shows a few years before Panda bought TNA.  That's what prompted her to talk her dad into buying the company in the first place.