DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Not too many solid hands for cheap as far a bigs go, but man they could have just stolen the cheap vets the Kings signed and that would have been enough for me. Add Casspi, Koufus and Bellinelli to this team and they could still tank away while not being totally embarrassing.

Part of the problem is im sure they would have to pay those types a little extra to come into this situation, but I think a few guys who have been in a winning program/culture would work wonders for this team.

Agree with you on Ish as well.  Need some guys who can pass the ball.

When was the last team the most dominant team the most fun? It's like a combination of the 90s Bulls with 7 Second Or Less Suns at once.

And that was the most Clippers game imaginable. I put up a tweet when they were up 20+ that simply said: "GSW got this." I loved how much shit Lance Stephenson (DNP-CD) was talking on the sideline. That whole Clippers bench was jawing when Iggy hit that bounce pass to Green out of the timeout. Then a few seconds later, with the game over, Doc is barking at a ref for something. No wonder the rest of the NBA loves clowning on those guys.

• Like 1

Amazing basketball last night.  Chris Paul looked healthy for the first time all year, was just flat out on fire.  Curry is insane.  Draymond Green is the 2nd best player on one of the best teams ever.  It's sort of amazing.  Love me some Draymond and I can't believe he is THIS good.  

That being said.  Enough is enough.

DJEsdYq.jpg

• Like 1

Spurs choke against the lowly Pelicans. Still have a long way to go.

Pop gave up with plenty of time left. It was kinda weird.

They have a back to back tonight with Memphis. I have a feeling he wanted to save some gas in the tank for tonight. Still, it was disappointing because we let guys like Ish Smith and Ryan Anderson beat us. One thing is clear... nobody is on Golden State's level. Only injury will keep them from wreaking complete havoc on the league. 

Should be an interesting race to see what happens first. Sixers win or Warriors loss. Would take a miracle to win tonight. We have the worst team in the league for getting shots blocked. Okafor in particular is getting blocked 2.2 times per game. Whiteside should feast. According to ESPN's BPI rating the Sixers have a less than 50% shot of beating the Lakers at home in 6 games. Things are that bad. It sucks because last year we had a run of games, most of you will remember it, when he started pulling out wins. Come from behind wins playing tough defense against good teams. Everything seemed set. We had a first round pick in the draft coming up and Joel Embiid on the way. I can't believe how far backwards things have gone from that point. I realize it all centers around Embiid and that was the risk. Far too much is at stake from that damn Lakers pick too though. It doesn't really have anything to do with MCW. I doubt any team is clamoring to have him start at PG. We got the pick from Phoenix though. The option to move MCW for Brandon Knight straight from Milwaukee was there too. Lakers have Kobe coming off the books. They keep their pick this year and they can add a lottery pick and a couple free agents and that pick could lose all value. Good luck getting Brandon Knight value from it when it is a mid or late first. 

I spent a ton of time watching college basketball and international basketball last year. My goal this year is to watch zero outside of watching Saric ocassionally. Don't feel like reliving the lottery and draft day disappointment. I doubt it will be in question this year anyway. Simmons was just too well rounded coming out of high school. 

Sixers have had the 2nd hardest schedule behind New Orleans according to SOS. Detroit is 3rd if you want another reason for optimism Fowler. Minnesota is 4th and Clippers 5th. Easiest are Cleveland, Golden State, San Antonio, Dallas and Orlando. Using opponent win percentage New Orleans had hardest followed by Clippers, Minnesota, and Detroit and Philly tied. Easiest using WP% is Dallas followed by San Antonio, Orlando, Atlanta and Milwaukee. Golden state is 15 and Cleveland 19th which just shows how much impact their margin of victory has on SOS rating. Spurs margin of victory is so large that even with the 2nd easiest schedule they have the 2nd highest SRS behind Golden State. Not bad at all.

The defense realky took a hit without MCW, but he clearly isn't some franchise changing PG so I understood the urge to move on.

You seem to be running into the same problem with Noel that we had with Noah last year. Having a slow footed guy like Okafor forces Noel out of position which really limits his strengths.

Man, Brandon Knight could have been the key. That dude is going to be a big time player for a while. It would have hurt the tank to make the MCW/Knight trade, but he is a legit building block at this point. That really is a bummer.