DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I love the spread of talent in the league the past few years. This year, in particular, with the East off to such a good start and some of the Western Conference teams struggling, has such a high entertainment value. 

I don't see how Kawhi isn't in the Top 5 right now. To be able to score 20+ a game combined with his obscene defense puts him up there.

. He is the 4th best small forward. PG13 is putting up 25/8/5 with similar all world defense (yall should be watching the pacers).

It's fair to say the other 2 ahead of him have built up a tad bit of cred. No need to defend Lebron on that front, but anyone doubting Durant needs to check that TS%.

Leonard isn't top 5, but that is no fault of his own. These dudes are good.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Pacers back in the ECF this year. PG-13 is really friggin' dynamite. CJ Miles is also a very underrated player. Vogel's on the short list of best coaches in the NBA, too. I don't think they have enough to get past a healthy Cavs team in 7 but they're a joy to watch.

The "Top 10 Players In The World" right now list is so friggin' weird and hard and awesome. I blame Steph and Golden State. We're looking at a new form of basketball in a lot of ways and this style of play, as well as the quality sportswriting explaining it, really have changed how fans rank players.

I mean, how far down the list would you get to before a names like Jimmy Butler or Damian Lillard or Kyle Lowry even came across your mind as a Top 10-type player? Mike Conley hasn't even made an All-Star game and that dude's so good.

Jerry West said this week he thought Draymond was a Top 10 player. At first I thought it was just West talking up one of his players but then you think that the team is 19-0 and he's the team's best defensive player and his absurd versatility makes them go, especially when they decide to unleash THE LINEUP OF DOOM and he has a point.

Paul George is having a damn good season numbers wise.  Apparently, I need to start checking out some more Pacers game to see how he is doing it.  George did not seem excited to play the 4 spot before the season started, so I wonder if it's helping him so far.

Kobe is officially on his going away tour.  Not even the past hater in me can muster a faux tribute.  All star spot locked.

The Warriors are obviously playing the best ball right now, but I'm mad we won't see them play against a Spurs, OKC, or even a Cavs team until Christmas.  Geez.

The West isn't look so hot.

Regarding the Pacers, this was from last Tuesday:

The degree of difficulty of some of those shots is off the charts. Lots of them were contested but it didn't matter. 19 of 26 from beyond the arc. 

I don't see how Kawhi isn't in the Top 5 right now. To be able to score 20+ a game combined with his obscene defense puts him up there.

. He is the 4th best small forward. PG13 is putting up 25/8/5 with similar all world defense (yall should be watching the pacers).

It's fair to say the other 2 ahead of him have built up a tad bit of cred. No need to defend Lebron on that front, but anyone doubting Durant needs to check that TS%.

Leonard isn't top 5, but that is no fault of his own. These dudes are good.

It will be fun tonight to see the Spurs clash with your Bulls. Maybe you will give him a little more credit after seeing him in person. 

I've watched enough Kawhi to know he is a force. His shooting numbers are absurd, especially for a guy seeing double teams for the first time.  I've watched a fair amount of every DFS relevant team this year.  I'm really not trying to short change Kawhi, but you can't be the 4th best small forward and also be a top 5 player and he just flat out isn't as good as PG13.   If Curry didn't exist I think the ESPN machine would be pushing the PG for MVP narrative down our throats right now.  George is shooting at a slightly less efficient clip than Kawhi, but he is also facing more double teams and taking more shots (and making some of the most absurd shots this side of Steph Curry).  He is doing it all with a far worse supporting cast.

Curry, Bron, KD are my top 3 right now and George is leading that 2nd tier for me.  Kawhi is getting close, but think of all the names in the mix for that 5th spot (ANTHONY DAVIS! WESTBROOK! etc etc.)

You've caught us at the right time, by the way.  Bulls are playing like shit and Jimmy has a bum foot.   I wouldn't be suprised to see D Rose show up tonight though.  Dude only plays well against good teams.

I really thought I would get more schadenfreude from Kobe's collapse, but it's mostly just sad.  Like seeing your dad get beat up.

CUg9oVzVAAMsLKj.png

Small sample size, but Philly is way worse when their 2 best players are on the floor.  So Philly has turned 3 years of being a laughingstock into 2 players that can't play together, 1 that might never play due to injuries, 1 that wants nothing to do with the team, and some more draft picks.

We went through this last year with MCW and Wroten.

This happens when two bigs have a range of 5 feet.  Neither one can step out even for a mid-range jumper with regularity forcing the worst guards in the league to do even more.

Seriously, this could very well be the worst team in the history of the NBA.  If they cannot win with Kobe going 4-20 as a sixth man on the court they may not see a win for a long time.

I would love to know what prop bets the players have regarding who loses to the Sixers first.

1) Golden State vs. Utah was a great game. Utah's size is like a kryptonite for the Dubs. But this team is unreal and I'm lucky I get to watch them.

2) One point about the Sixers: They've lost their last five games by a total of 24 points, and have had leads in the fourth quarter against all of them, and that includes some really good teams. That's a combined 10-13 more baskets/stops away from a five-game winning streak. I'm far from a "hope springs eternal" person and I'm not even a huge Sixers fan. But they haven't looked truly, truly terrible save for a few games this year, which is to be expected.