DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Bulls looked good last night. Solid game by D Rose and the rest of the team weathered the storm when he rolled his ankle.

I'm happy for Kirk that he is having a bounce back season of sorts. Still a competent player in the 10 minutes a game role. Runs the new offense very well.

Brooks on the other hand. Yikes. He just completely breaks the team rhythm every time he checks in.

WOOOO!  On one of my favorite teams as well.

If the Wolves make the playoffs this year, I hope at least one of you remembers me calling it during the off season.  Lowe goes into a point I was making last season about the epic tank and rebuild going on in Minnesota. I love the young stud/old vet combo.

Looking at the results tonight, with the exception of the Warriors at the very top (and Philly/LA at the very bottom), I don't think I have seen this much parity across the board in the NBA. 

No one is really playing above potential either. Most teams in the league had good young players moving in the right direction. It was far and away the toughest year to pick playoff teams since both conferences had 12 or 13 teams in the discussion. The only 2 teams that are way off where you'd expect are Houston and New Orleans. New Orleans makes sense because of the injuries.

The team I am most impressed with so far is Dallas. Since Brett Brown took over as coach in 2013-2014 the Sixers have had 32 players start a game which is absurd. I went through every team and just as you'd expect the worst teams all had the higher total. Dallas was the only exception among teams that were playoff teams in both seasons. They've had 27 in that time. Just damn good coaching to keep plugging guys in and keep winning. This was the full list.

1. Sixers 32
  2. Lakers 29
  3. Kings 28
  4. Heat 28 (A lot of those were from resting guys in 13-14)
  5. Knicks 27
  6. Mavs 27
  7. Cavs 27
  8. Bucks 26
  9. Wolves 26
  10. Nets 26
  11. Nuggets 24
  12. Rockets 24
  13. Pelicans 23
  14. Celtics 21
  15. Spurs 20
  16. Pacers 20
  17. Hornets 19
  18. Grizzlies 19
  19. Magic 19
  20. Wizards 18
  21. Jazz 18
  22. Thunder 18
  23. Suns 17
  24. Hawks 17
  25. Bulls 17
  26. Pistons 17
  27. Blazers 16
  28. Clippers 16
  29. Warriors 15
  30. Raptors 14

Nah, dawg. That was a blatant chicken wang. Raptors shot themselves in the foot with bad offensive rhythm down the stretch and a stupid foul. The Joseph call was bad, fair enough, but they could've put themselves in a position where they didn't have to rely on officials one way or another.