DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I believe Harrison Barnes is a free agent at the end of the year and he'll probably get max offers I'd assume. He's been key to their small ball crunch time lineup.

Restricted Free Agent, they will match anything he is offered. Reason they didn't sign him in the offseason is to keep flexibility to make a run at Durant.

Which is why another team should offer Barnes the max to make Golden State pay up.

They are going to have a harder time keeping Ezili and Speights. Barbosa could probably stick around for cheap. 

Anyway, Spurs held Phoenix to 84 points. The Suns also had 28 turnovers. Spurs offense is rough but Danny green came alive tonight. that can't be good for opponents. 

Idk, as a Dallas fan, I'm happy to see all these expected contenders struggle, because now I don't look insane for insisting that the Mavs would be better than New Orleans, Phoenix, etc.  To be playing better than the Clips and Rockets is icing on the cake.

• Like 1

The Rockets collapse has grabbed all the headlines but the Clippers are the next headline if they don't right the ship soon. 

The Rockets have been somewhat understandable.  A bad fit at PG, injuries, etc.  The Clippers were supposed to be a contender with a loaded roster.

I really thought I would get more schadenfreude from Kobe's collapse, but it's mostly just sad.  Like seeing your dad get beat up.

CUg9oVzVAAMsLKj.png

Small sample size, but Philly is way worse when their 2 best players are on the floor.  So Philly has turned 3 years of being a laughingstock into 2 players that can't play together, 1 that might never play due to injuries, 1 that wants nothing to do with the team, and some more draft picks.

I really thought I would get more schadenfreude from Kobe's collapse, but it's mostly just sad.  Like seeing your dad get beat up.

CUg9oVzVAAMsLKj.png

Small sample size, but Philly is way worse when their 2 best players are on the floor.  So Philly has turned 3 years of being a laughingstock into 2 players that can't play together, 1 that might never play due to injuries, 1 that wants nothing to do with the team, and some more draft picks.

Ben Simmons might change everything though.

I really thought I would get more schadenfreude from Kobe's collapse, but it's mostly just sad. Like seeing your dad get beat up.

CUg9oVzVAAMsLKj.png

Small sample size, but Philly is way worse when their 2 best players are on the floor. So Philly has turned 3 years of being a laughingstock into 2 players that can't play together, 1 that might never play due to injuries, 1 that wants nothing to do with the team, and some more draft picks.

Already, they are a near perfect example of the "if we could only combine these two dudes into one guy" duo.

CUg9oVzVAAMsLKj.png

I don't get it. So they split their stats when they're together, and pick up more of the load alone. So?

Really the Sixers biggest problem is that at some point they need to get a few veterans in there instead of surrounding their draft picks with an endless array of D-league rejects. Okafor and Noel are playing with guys who couldn't have made their respective teams at Duke or Kentucky. I don't care how many flaws or foibles people dig up about MCW, he at least was an NBA PG, while Isiah Canaan and T.J. McConnell don't belong suiting up anywhere other than their local rec league. 

Not enough love for THE RISE OF THE EASTERN CONFERENCE!  Are the Knicks legit?  The Hornets?  AHHH!?!?!?!

Pacers are legit.  That one I'm sure of.  Top 5 coach, top 5 player. I've seen enough already to know that if PG13 stays healthy they will be joining the Bulls/Cavs/Hawks/Heat in the playoffs.

That leaves 3 spots for the Raptors, Hornets, Knicks, Wizards, Celtics, Pistons and Bucks! 

I might have to watch a replay of this Lakers/Warriors game for schadenfreude purposes.  Checking the box score, no one on the Lakers squad had more than 10 points, which might be okay if everyone on the team scored 10 points.  Instead there were only 3, and two of them came from players off the bench.

Jordan's Wizards not looking so bad...

Until somebody figures out this Warriors problem, nobody is legit. Everyone else is playing checkers.... they're playing chess.

Too many variables to talk like that. An injury to Curry and they are fucked. An injury to Draymond or Iggy and the field has suddenly caught up.

The shooting might never fade, but this freaky run of health will end sooner or later.