DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I really wish the rumors of Kidd hiring Stackhouse and Sheed as assistants had been true. They would average 2 techs a game.

Jerryd Bayless reportedly got into a 'confrontation' with Cousins after the game so RIP Jerryd.

Sheed actually was shockingly calm as an assistant in Detroit.

I don't even know what to say about the Rockets anymore. Apparently Harden showed up to camp 17 pounds overweight and has somehow become some fat cat that can rest on his laurels.

And Kardashian. Every male that gets trapped by those succubi gets their soul destroyed.

Well except Kanye. He's still a huge star.

Ordered my K-Po Knicks jersey. People in the reviews raved about the seller and the quality so it was an easy decision. It's nice for something good to happen to the Knicks for the first time since the Ewing era. If I could find an Oakley or Mase throwback I would get them in an instant (particularly Mase as he was my all time Knicks hero, even more than Ewing and that's saying something because he was my other favorite Knick as a kid).

The best part of the Warriors/Lakers game was all the local advertisement making a point to never mention the Lakers by name just Los Angeles vs Golden State (to the point where the Los Angeles wasn't even in a Laker color just plain white).  Like they were gonna trick you into thinking it would be the Clippers and since you're already watching be like "Eh, might as well stick around".

I'm pretty sure Cory Joseph actually broke Beals' ankles with that cross over tonight lol. #WeTheNorth

If you can find a gif, I would love to see it. Loved watching CoJo play in San Antonio. 

Speaking of the Spurs, if the Warriors weren't so freaking awesome this year, people would notice the sick defense that San Antonio has been playing all year long. The Spurs offense is no longer the "Beautiful Game" but when they lock in on defense, they make great offensive teams look inept. 

Also, just for the record books, against the Nuggets last night, Kawhi had a 25 pt, 7 rebound, 6 assists, 5 BLOCKS, 4 steals line. 

Tonight, Tim Duncan pulled in 18 rebounds... just another day at the office. 

Also, just for the record books, against the Nuggets last night, Kawhi had a 25 pt, 7 rebound, 6 assists, 5 BLOCKS, 4 steals line. 

Spurs defense is the best watch in the league right now. Leonard would have been only the 9th player to pull off a 5x5. Would have been the 16th time overall. He is pretty close to 50/50/90 on offense right now too. 

Am I nuts for thinking Kawhi is a Top 5 player right now? He just destroys gameplans.

He is in the argument for best player in the league so no. He is one of the 3 best defenders in the league and shooting like Kyle Korver. 

Paul George is back to being in the conversation. KD is up there of course. Blake is pretty frustrating because he still hasn't mastered the post game but he's having a great season individually.

Anthony Davis is struggling relative to his ridiculous level from last year, but he's still in the top 10.

I didn't think a consensus top 5 was possible last year. Durant, Davis, Harden, Curry, Westbrook and LeBron all had strong claims. Even harder this year. George and Leonard are both playing at an MVP level. Draymond Green is in the conversation as well.  

I'm going to lightly toss in Andre Drummond. 17-17 with 1.7 steals and 1.5 blocks is impressive as hell.

But I'm not sure he's quite there yet.

Durant I want to say is, but he needs to stay healthy. "Health is a skill" and all that.