DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hell in a Cell 2015.

The Natural

I like blood in wrestling. I think, used sparingly, it's a great story telling device. That said, I agree that it carries more weight now that everyone isn't blading for everything.

For everyone who cant figure out how there going to explain Zeb being with Del Rio...it was in his promo (taken from a cut and paste sight)

Zeb has the music cut and the crowd was clearly expecting someone bigger. He says some people like Cena and some don't. Zeb says it's time for people from different backgrounds and different countries to come together. It's time for Cena to lose the United States Title to someone who will do more with it than Cena ever has. Zeb introduces Cena's opponent and out comes Alberto Del Rio to a big pop.

Nikki Bella was definitely an MVP last night and has been good for a while now. Glad to see her getting into matches where people are finally taking notice.

Yes. I wanted to mention this. I was not into her matches with Sasha but it was pointed out to be that she had been injured. Well, she was fucking great last night. 

Blading is strictly forbidden in WWE. The last guy who did it and was caught trying to hide it was Dave Bautista several years ago, fined $100,000 for doing so in a match with Chris Jericho. He was caught by one of the cameras and everyone involved in the match was called into McMahon's office, heavily reprimanded and fined.

Bautista is crazy if that is true. He blatantly bladed in a match against Kofi Kingston on RAW in 2010 2 years later. During the build up to his match against Cena at Wrestlemania. One of the replay angles showed him cutting himself clearly.

For everyone who cant figure out how there going to explain Zeb being with Del Rio...it was in his promo (taken from a cut and paste sight)

Zeb has the music cut and the crowd was clearly expecting someone bigger. He says some people like Cena and some don't. Zeb says it's time for people from different backgrounds and different countries to come together. It's time for Cena to lose the United States Title to someone who will do more with it than Cena ever has. Zeb introduces Cena's opponent and out comes Alberto Del Rio to a big pop.

Still doesn't make any sense.

While Vince McMahon was upset at the gorilla position and ordered the doctor to the ring to have the blood wiped off,

I just love hearing that some parts of a big match like this can still end up being a weird shoot by Vince and yet still totally looked like a planned part of the match.

I also like that the two most logical explanations, that it was either

1) planned or that

2) they were legit worried about Lesnar

are both wrong in favor of the third explanation

3) VINCE WANTED THAT FUCKIGN BLOOD OFF THE CAMERA GODDAMMIT GO CLEAN HIM NOW@!!!! DO IW LOOK LIEKE I CARE THAT EWERE IN THE MIDDLRE OF A FUCKING MTCH GET N THERE RIGHT NOW!!!

Blading is strictly forbidden in WWE. The last guy who did it and was caught trying to hide it was Dave Bautista several years ago, fined $100,000 for doing so in a match with Chris Jericho. He was caught by one of the cameras and everyone involved in the match was called into McMahon's office, heavily reprimanded and fined.

Bautista is crazy if that is true. He blatantly bladed in a match against Kofi Kingston on RAW in 2010 2 years later. During the build up to his match against Cena at Wrestlemania. One of the replay angles showed him cutting himself clearly.

Batista and Jericho both have talked about and went into detail on Jericho's podcast. Vince had secret camera angles that he used as evidence to bust them. Batista wound up being the most heavily fined and paying the fines of Jericho, Dean Malenko and the ref.

I can believe Batista doing it again because he was doing whatever he felt like at that point.

I was gonna say that the first Cell match could've used some blood with that ending of Reigns throwing Bray's face into the point of a cane and, they seemed to sell it as a shot to the eye.

I could be wrong, but wasn't Bray sporting a black eye during the Taker-napping?

Yup. It wasn't a black eye but all around his eye was red.

Is it just me or do I just find Bray Wyatt a really shitty wrestler?

Never really seems to give the babyface their due comeback/lets them shine - never sells enough to make it look convincing. Offence looks stiff as fuck, and seems kinda unnecessary. Comes off as different to how you hear WWE being big on heels that feed the babyface, yet he never really seems to do it for someone that isn't especially a giant monster heel.

John Cena has been having close matches with a bunch of midcarders, then a former world champ comes in and beats him with relative ease. It establishes Del Rio as better than those other guys and/or that Cena is slipping.

It was also an extremely rare case of decent announcing, with Cole putting over not just their history but that Cena "wasn't ready" for del Rio's offense and was caught completely off-guard. 

I am not a fan of Bray's in-ring work, either.  The Roman match was okay because it was dudes beating each other with sticks in a cage, but it felt about ninety minutes long.

So how does real Murican Zeb justify being wealthy but still foreign migrant Rio's manager? 

I would expect Zeb to make the usual joke about Rio only being good enough to pick citrus or clean pools and not compete in a wrestling ring.

Del Rio is rich.

He's one of the good ones.

There is no such thing as a good Mexican to a Murican, at least not a Mexican that is warmer than room temperature.

Really? Let's not go there.

Please.  Zeb's gimmick is steeped in racism and xenophobia.  Let's not pretend that it isn't and speak frankly about why his sudden management of AdR does not make any sort of booking sense.

A HYPOCRITICAL HEEL?!?!?!?! Oh, my stars and garters...

- RAF

Like any corrupt would-be leader of a borderlands area, Zeb is attempting to build his own autonomous state out of whatever and whoever he can cobble together.  Ideology is only a tool for him.  Think of him as like a mix of a bargain-basement George Hearst from DEADWOOD and a slightly less creepy Craster from Game of Thrones.