DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-14-15

MGFanJay

Bless Sting's heart but he seems to have about 2-3 good minutes of wind in him and then he needs a long break. I wonder what smoke and mirrors they're going to do on Sunday. Or just keep it short, have Seth win and figure out a reason to put Seth/Cena on last.

Literally, though, everyone pray for Sting's heart.  He's like 70. God, please bless Sting's heart.

I enjoyed both women's matches. I knew Nikki/Charlotte would end with some sort of trickery but I wanted her to retain so I'm fine with it. Plus, the cheap win adds heat to the Night of Champions match and makes the AJ Lee fans' heads explode. Win/win. Lol

I'm cool with Charlotte's big win being put off until NoC. Although I admit a lot of that is just the sweet sweet irony of a FLAIR getting beat by a Dusty Finish. The Dream gets one last laugh, bay-bee...

Seriously tho, this was the best night for the "Divas Revolution" since they launched the concept. Two very good matches featuring people fans actually care about. What I find fascinating about Charlotte is her promo is shit but her emotion acting at the end when they swerved her sold the entire angle.

• Like 3

Enjoyed both divas matches as well. Even Sasha/Paige being done for the 4th time in 3 weeks or so, surprised Sasha has gotten multiple submission wins over Paige. The finish to Charlotte/Nikki came really sudden but I liked that Nikki breaks the record and the rematch is set for Sunday. Always good to see Sting and glad they figured a way for him to win a match or two instead of just losing on ppv. HHH & Steph dancing with the New Day was the best. And the New Day's Table of 3 on the Network was highly entertaining also.

• Like 1

So the Rusev/Dolph angle has to end with Dolph and Summer hooking up and Lana and Rusev getting back together as a face team, right?

The women's stuff is coming along nicely. The title match was whatever, but Paige subtly ruining Charlotte's moment by calling attention to swerve was some really nice pre-heel-turn work. Charlotte winning the title and Becky beating Sasha in one try (according to Raw canon at least) are both logical catalysts to send Paige over the edge at this point.

I also liked the Miz TV segment. Bray's chaotic evil side shines the most against other heels. NXT's gonna be in Texas this week, so my fun guess for the partner is Samoa Joe.

I know the dirtsheets said Corbin.

• Like 1

tumblr_nup1ukU6HC1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

If Sasha could stop taking things like that - it would be swell

I thought that's why they rushed the finish- thought they were worried about Sasha after that.  Looked nasty live.

Yeah, I thought the same because the match seemed to end just as they were getting their groove. 

I thought that's why they rushed the finish- thought they were worried about Sasha after that.  Looked nasty live.

Jesus....who trained Sasha how to take a suplex bump, Kenta Kobashi? Seriously, that's a mid-90's All-Japan level neck bump.

- Jesus fucking titty cinnamon, Sasha's neck bump scared the living hell out of me.  Stop doing that, baby girl.

- NEW DAY FEVER~!  CATCH IT~!  Someone said it earlier but if Xavier played the victory song from the Final Fantasy games after a win, I would absolutely lose my shit.  They need to hold onto the tag title for at least another two months.

- Why do I mark for Sting?  I know that either the booking or Sting's knees will let me down and I will hate wrestling.

- Why do I mark for the Dudleyz?  I know that either the booking, Bubba's fubar neck, or D'Von's knees will let me down and I will hate wrestling.  As much as I want the Dudleyz to win Title #10, I am fairly certain I will be sad to see the belts taken off of the New Day.

- Someone must've complained about Big Show being stuff because he is now all but putting a pillow with a mint on top on the mat for you to land on when you get Vader Bombed.

Jesus....who trained Sasha how to take a suplex bump, Kenta Kobashi? Seriously, that's a mid-90's All-Japan level neck bump.

I doubt WWE even trained her to take that- she just learned it on her own, probably by watching old Sting/Vader matches.  (Sting took a few of those from Vader in the day)

I'm not sure how much of that is Sasha's fault. A German suplex is one which is really hard to precisely narrow down exactly how you're gonna land. It's a totally blind bump, being hurled backwards by someone who's probably nervous that you might land on their face (and are probably throwing you pretty hard, to avoid that). Sometimes you just have to put your arms up and hope for the best.

So...who's gonna be Roman and Dean's partner??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zlyzzH5rN0

According to this it's Savio Vega or Great Khali. I mean Roman and Dean wouldn't lie on a WWE YouTube segment would they? I kind of want it to be both. Khali does the Shield entrance with Roman and Dean and since they can't wait for him to make it to the ring Savio Vega comes out to be the third man.