DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-14-15

MGFanJay

Pretty good show overall. Nothing was quite a classic, but it felt like a bigger show than usual and flowed nicely. They didn't do a lot to make me want to see NoC more beyond the divas title thing, which worked by the end of it thanks to Charlotte. Sting was made to look pretty strong and hey, he got TWO WINS tonight...and one was definitive. Had they not blown his matches on the show, you would maybe think he had a chance to win at the PPV.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/09/wwe-raw-9-14-15.html

Screens - 

190dd0435687771.jpg 

b6762b435687885.jpg 

4fc9f0435689835.jpg 

f7398c435692146.jpg 

1bba35435692177.jpg 

345702435697782.jpg 

e9a035435697788.jpg 

ad3962435697811.jpg 

e97101435697834.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/45eqkhez4gqrzxtd1gkrfm0xpts4d5wi

Perhaps Cena's losing his hearing. This tendency to shout spots is relatively new.

Too many loud rap concerts, I guess...

Speaking of yelling, does ANYONE in wrestling right now call spots as loudly as Cena?

So, how's that Divas Revolution working out for ya?

Who could possibly have predicted that WWE booking would be run with the same basic logic and purpose as a group of third-grade girls spending a year planning revenge on that one kid they hate by putting chewed-up gum in her valentine's day basket.

• Like 1

I watched the first hour, skipped the second hour then was catching back up on what I missed and suddenly realized I'd seen New Day/Wyatts/Sasha in the first hour, there really wasn't anything in the second hour that interested me, so I just jumped ahead to Sting which was a liberating feeling.

I feel like Big Show is one of those guys we're going to go back and look at some ten or so years in the future and marvel at what a wonderful wrestler he was and how few bad matches he had, but it still doesn't make me want to watch him right now.

So, how's that Divas Revolution working out for ya?

Pretty well. They built a really good feud between Nikki and Charlotte. Nikki sleazed her way to the record at the expense of the biggest moment of Charlotte's career and acted like she did something to be celebrated. But it comes at a cost -- now she loses the champion's advantage.twin magic interference. And it had a really good build from the last PPV to get there. They built to having a really good payoff. Is Nikki the real deal or is Charlotte taking the title?

That match was really good, too. I really liked Nikki's arm work. Charlotte sold the hell out of her arm, too.

They also built Sasha up underneath all of this to be the next top contender by tapping out Paige.

• Like 1

I have to say I'm impressed with the morality tale of Rusev and Lana: 

1) A naive, hard-working, idealistic, uncompromising immigrant couple  who arrived on our shores with discipline and ambition and within a year are both utterly corrupted and lessened by us.

2) Just one month with her bleach-blonde American douchehunk and Lana has turned from a smart, organized manager who navigated the red tape of Moscow to secure the Russian Federation Star for her non-Russian client into a screeching, cheese-nip gobbling extra from a Sam Kinnison music video who is most likely committing disability fraud to avoid going to work as we speak.

3) Just one month with his bleach-blonde orange-skinned American "girlfriend" and Rusev went from an unbeatable machine whose technique was so impeccable that only John Fucking Cena could even come close to escaping his finisher to a blubbering buffoon ripping his Bas Rutten fathead off the wall of his double-wide when he hears that the local community pool lifeguard bought a $3 bracelet off the rack at Big Lots for his girl.

We truly have conquered the world, ladies and gentlemen.  We have spread the seed of our absolute best, or at least our most fertile and careless, throughout the populations of the earth.

USA! USA!

The moral: We conquer our enemies by tempting them into our filth where they have no immunity!

• Like 21

btw are Owens and Ryback feuding over some Dianetics shit or something?

Dude, Dianetics has ghosts and stuff.  Ryback's thing is more like you buy some real estate in Arizona and then sell parts of it to your friends to sell to their friends, but like instead of real-estate it's good humours or something

• Like 3

I liked Charlotte/Nikki, could have done without the fuckjob finish but okay, I get it. But why even do this match when the Night of Champions title match was already announced? Just seemed really forced from the beginning for this little arc for Nikki.

Surprised they mentioned AJ.

Dude, Dianetics has ghosts and stuff.  Ryback's thing is more like you buy some real estate in Arizona and then sell parts of it to your friends to sell to their friends, but like instead of real-estate it's good humours or something

Wrestling has been long overdue for character that runs a pyramid or Ponzi type scheme. I guess Jeff Jarrett would be pretty close to that with TNA and GFW. 

• Like 1

Dude, Dianetics has ghosts and stuff. Ryback's thing is more like you buy some real estate in Arizona and then sell parts of it to your friends to sell to their friends, but like instead of real-estate it's good humours or something

I think dream boards are in there somewhere too.

I liked both women's matches, but did they have to use arm work in both? They need to coordinate that stuff better. That Owens/Ryback promo was something. You could tell Owens realized early on how crappy it was, and looked embarrassed to be there. I see a lot of performers busting their ass, but they just don't have the stories or character work behind it to make me care. Cena needs about a year off tv to be fresh again.

Wrestling has been long overdue for character that runs a pyramid or Ponzi type scheme. I guess Jeff Jarrett would be pretty close to that with TNA and GFW. 

Doesn't Shawn Michaels run a wrestling school that trains people to run wrestling schools?