DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-14-15

MGFanJay

I think Sami is still going to be out for a while, until sometime next year if I remember correctly. Unless the WWE has made him the 2nd Cena and shot him up with Super Soldier Serum , then I'd be all about Sami coming in to help the Shield as long as he also attacks Owens at NOC too

I'm only 20 minutes into the show, but I can't imagine I'll like anything more than I like that the Dudleys came out at the end of the tag title match without stopping to tell the production crew to hit their music.

Oh my goodness, this. When they came out with no music, I thought that was super refreshing. I really dislike how almost EVERYONE needs their music to hit when they come out.

And then a couple segments later, the Shield had their music hit when they came out.

So tired and rote. What would have been more frenetic and exciting? The Shield's music hits and they come out or Ambrose/Reigns start making their way through the crowd causing a stir, which prompts the cameras to show them heading down to the ring? Jesus. Let those parts of the show breathe a little. If you don't have the music drowning out every damn crowd reaction, you're going to have better moments.

The bigger problem with Shield/Wyatt segment was them going to black... and then awkwardly cutting to the announcers

Like "ok everyone orderly leave the ring now. Forget about all that Bray wanting to kidnap Reigns kid stuff"

• Like 4

Here's a question for everyone: Would Raw, and maybe even SmackDown, be better if more segments ended in pull-apart brawls? You don't always need to do that, but would the show be better if Raw felt less like a TV show where a scene just ends flatly?

I'll admit to feeling stuck in the past where Austin is one of my all time favorites because everything felt like a fight. Everyone was out for blood or at the very least, out to hurt someone. Raw at that time just felt exciting even if the writing was really shitty. If someone talked shit out on the stage then chances are that they would be chased into the back. Now, that shit is only reserved for Brock and Undertaker.

I mean, if someone talks shit to you, why not show those people bumping into each other in the back, jawing at each other even more? The whole "anything can happen" feeling shouldn't be limited to just Brock. When Brock comes out, he could destroy Michael Cole, he could throw a car door into the crowd, he could try to spear Miz with a couch or office chair, he could have a pull apart fight with Cena or Undertaker, he could actually threaten to kill someone, he could destroy someone's office, etc.

• Like 3

tumblr_nup1ukU6HC1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

If Sasha could stop taking things like that - it would be swell

I thought that's why they rushed the finish- thought they were worried about Sasha after that.  Looked nasty live.

Jesus....who trained Sasha how to take a suplex bump?

Daniel Bryan?

- Someone must've complained about Big Show being stuff because he is now all but putting a pillow with a mint on top on the mat for you to land on when you get Vader Bombed.

I think that has more to do with him being old and injury-prone.

And Sasha probably wanted to roll through a little more on that bump, but her recent big matches indicate she does like to take high angle bumps on purpose.

tumblr_nup1ukU6HC1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

If Sasha could stop taking things like that - it would be swell

It looked her shoulders took the brunt of it. Not that it would be fun, but not as dangerous as it looks.

Yeah, she got her arms back but goddamn, you don't see the WWE guys and gals taking Misawa style German bumps very often.

I have to say I'm impressed with the morality tale of Rusev and Lana: 

1) A naive, hard-working, idealistic, uncompromising immigrant couple  who arrived on our shores with discipline and ambition and within a year are both utterly corrupted and lessened by us.

2) Just one month with her bleach-blonde American douchehunk and Lana has turned from a smart, organized manager who navigated the red tape of Moscow to secure the Russian Federation Star for her non-Russian client into a screeching, cheese-nip gobbling extra from a Sam Kinnison music video who is most likely committing disability fraud to avoid going to work as we speak.

3) Just one month with his bleach-blonde orange-skinned American "girlfriend" and Rusev went from an unbeatable machine whose technique was so impeccable that only John Fucking Cena could even come close to escaping his finisher to a blubbering buffoon ripping his Bas Rutten fathead off the wall of his double-wide when he hears that the local community pool lifeguard bought a $3 bracelet off the rack at Big Lots for his girl.

We truly have conquered the world, ladies and gentlemen.  We have spread the seed of our absolute best, or at least our most fertile and careless, throughout the populations of the earth.

USA! USA!

The moral: We conquer our enemies by tempting them into our filth where they have no immunity!

This is how the Athenians defeated the Spartans.

The bigger problem with Shield/Wyatt segment was them going to black... and then awkwardly cutting to the announcers

Like "ok everyone orderly leave the ring now. Forget about all that Bray wanting to kidnap Reigns kid stuff"

Knowing wrestling and the need to have teams color coordinated, Reigns and Ambrose will come out in red and black and we will all be like, "Fuck, it is Kane."