DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Halftime is when I go get snacks together and shit, so I really don't care who does the Halftime show. Haven't watched it in years. Can't even remember the last one I actually sat through.

I will admit, though, a Weird Al Halftime show would get me to watch.

I was also thinking of Metallica. I think they have enough radio friendly hits to put on a show. Plus, half the show is other people joining in anyway, so it wouldn't even need to be all Metallica songs.

I'm also surprised Aerosmith hasn't been brought back after their 2001 appearance. They tick all the boxes that most Super Bowl Halftime Performers need to tick.

Since the NFL's image is so bad, they might as well do whatever they can to deflect that hatred onto someone else while also going for the largest rating possible.  With that in mind, there is only one act worth booking for the halftime show. 

3df2ea52acfaf1ad_kan.xxxlarge_2.jpg

As someone who feels primarily responsible for the wacky names we've given Blarney Sizzlebeats, we should stop* before someone** continues their war on humor.

*fuuuuuuuuuuck no we shouldn't

**vic et al

Tabe wants REO Speedwagon and Night Ranger to tear it up and break some hips.

Along those lines, the game is in San Francisco - how about Journey?
Fans would be pissed that it's not Steve Perry?
To be fair, the guy they have now (Arnel Pineda) is a lot better than Steve is anymore.

They should get some irrelevant turn of the century act to do it. Korn featuring Limp Bizkit and Staind. The stands would empty quickly.

Which means, since this is the NFL, we'd get Third Eye Blind, Eagle Eye Cherry, and Semisonic.

CLOSING TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME. . .

• Like 1

They should get some irrelevant turn of the century act to do it. Korn featuring Limp Bizkit and Staind. The stands would empty quickly.

Which means, since this is the NFL, we'd get Third Eye Blind, Eagle Eye Cherry, and Semisonic.

CLOSING TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME. . .

I want something else to get me through that.
  • Like 2