DVDVR Message Board

Rest in Peace to the legend, Dusty Rhodes

Today is one of those days where I seriously thought "I have to stop checking the internet before I find out another celebrity I've enjoyed my whole life died"

Dusty Rhodes was the fucking shit.  If you disagree, fuck you.  That's really the best way I can put it.

• Like 5

Today is one of those days where I seriously thought "I have to stop checking the internet before I find out another celebrity I've enjoyed my whole life died"

Dusty Rhodes was the fucking shit.  If you disagree, fuck you.  That's really the best way I can put it.

If there is a person on the planet who doesn't like Dusty Rhodes, I don't want to meet them.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND4zLt5YctI

Beautiful and overlooked promo of his, RIP Dream.

The part at the end where his voice cracks as he says all he needs is a kiss and a hug.  Damn, gets me every time.

So, what was officially Dusty's last match?  Did he wrestle in his own fed? Was it the WCW match with his son?  Was it the match with Corino (Which I love!)?

• Like 2

So great. Overlooked in how great he was.

I said on my Facebook page a little while ago that he could be a technical wrestler, a ass kicking brawler and a clown in the same match and you believed every one of them.

I'm sadder about this than I should be. I loved the Dream and it was one of my goals just to meet him and shake his hand. Loved the guy.

So, what was officially Dusty's last match? Did he wrestle in his own fed? Was it the WCW match with his son? Was it the match with Corino (Which I love!)?

He worked Randy Orton in a bull rope match. But I'm pretty sure he worked some Indy stuff after that too

There was a legends show in Waynesboro, VA October 30, 2004.  Dusty wrestled Kamala and after the match he took a bow, said some words and played to the crowd for awhile in a way that still give me chills just thinking about it.  Having grown up in Pennsylvania, it was so awesome to be in a packed Virginia high school watching Dusty be Dusty.  

Dusty was the definition of a legend.

Before Hogan, before the Rock, there was Dusty Rhodes. I can't think of one worker in the history of the business that could fire up a crowd with nothing but a microphone and a wink of a blue eye like The Dream. One of the greats of all time.

RIP Dusty Rhodes

• Like 4

Man, genuinely kinda gutted about this.

Best promo in the history of wrestling and if charisma could be measured on a scale, he'd be right at the fucking top of that scale. If wrestling consisted of just Dusty Rhodes promos and nothing else, it'd still be fucking awesome.

Even when he made appearances in WWE in the last 10 years or so he still made me smile like when he was all to Vince 'NOBODY cracks whip with the American Dream...not even you.'

The son of a humble plumber who was digging a ditch at 8 years old and grew up to set the wrestling world on fire. That's the American Dream, daddy.