DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-16-15

MGFanJay

I was all excited that I got home from work early enough to watch the main event live.

And then it was Daniel Bryan vs. the Big Show. From 60 to 0 in five seconds.

Brawl was good at the end. I liked the begrudged handshake/back into brawling. The rest was OK.

Is Booker usually as good as he was during the brawl stuff? His commentary, in a novel concept, was making me more into what was going on. One would hope they've sheved King Lawler in favor of King Booker.

Is Booker usually as good as he was during the brawl stuff? His commentary, in a novel concept, was making me more into what was going on. One would hope they've sheved King Lawler in favor of King Booker.

Booker is ok, but nothing great, still a step up from his fellow commentators. He more or less has replaced King permanently on Raw from the sounds of it, but King s still commentating on Smackdown.

I fell asleep before RAW and woke up just in time to see Flair come on out. Watched a couple of mins of it before putting on Better Call Saul. Why do they keep punishing us with Big Show matches?

You know maybe 15 years ago when he was somewhat imposing they were a novel idea. But since every possible Big Show match has been done to death, I would much rather see the guy the lesser the better. Don't get me wrong. I still like Big Show the wrestler. But Big Show the character is beyond played out.

Assuming Roman ends up winning at Wrestlemania, if he doesn't become an entitled prick because of just who he is related to all of this will be for naught.

John Cena and Bray Wyatt wrestled the dark match after RAW, and apparently Bray got sick during the match and threw up a little in the ring before finishing throwing up all the worlds he ate tonight outside of the ring. I really hope he doesn't have a concussion :(

It must have been weird for Rick and Scott Steiner to find out they aren't brothers.  I don't know what Booker was on tonight but he was completely nonsensical instead of his usual almost completely nonsensical.

I felt bad for the Prime Time Players.  They got nothing from a crowd that was hot most of the night.  Just brutal.

Also shocked that I saw someone rip on Cody's promo.  That was fucking fantastic.  Personality, heart, fire.  Loved it.  

Dusty is still a great promo, but man I can't look at anything but the ninety miles of bad road that is his forehead when he's on camera.

JBL missed a huge opportunity when Cole said "That's how Barrett always signs autographs!" "With his hands zip-tied around a ringpost? Maggle that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard."

Likewise, Cole missed a huge opportunity when JBL said "Slap a man and tag your wife in? I did that for years!" "Well, that puts quite a spin on all those road stories you used to tell me about you and Ron."

Screw all three of those guys AND Corey Graves. I should be commentating.

THE VIGILANTE WAI TING!

d0f2ff390813447.jpg

I'm not sure WHY this cracked me up so much, but well done.

ETA: I'm normally 1000% pro-beard, but Darren Young looks super generic with a beard.  Also who was his nise Randy Orton partner?

Atheist JBL referred to David vs Goliath as a fairy tale!

"This is reality."

JBL is a Wrestling God if you remember his promos from his WWE title run including fighting Godzilla while under the influence of a tranquilizer dart and saying how is a god constantly.

On the 1 hour SKY1 Sunday RAW, they have an added segment just for the UK audience. Last week, they were asking who was going to win the Cricket World Cup. JBL predicted an India vs Australia final. Barrett said England. Jack Swagger wanted to know who Team USA were playing, and when he found out they weren't in it he said We The People and walked off like a mardy git. And Titus said the Florida Gators would win.

Shame they had nobody in the company to back South Africa really. But one South African guy left, and the other is still pretending to be Russell Brand crossed with Austin Powers dressed as Taime Downe circa 1989*. Dunno where Emma was.

* If Darren Young is back in the Prime Time Players, and Justin Gabriel is out of the company, does that mean we're never finding out which one of them Bunny was?

• Like 1

"This is illegal! That's not my signature!"

Best thing besides the Cena/Rusev stuff.

A good show overall.

Apart from "THIS AIN'T LEGAL!!" that bit was disappointing.  When BNB was tied to the post, Dean should have been spoon-feeding him one of his "suitcase stews" or one of the hot dogs he keeps down his sock in case all the 7-11s in town have already received that memo with his picture sent out by the national office.  and BNB had to sign in order to make it stop.

Maybe I missed something, but have they bothered to explain at all why Ambrose wants to win the IC title? I understand these things just aren't deemed important anymore, but I can't wrap my head around why a "crazy" guy like Anbrose would care about a title. A little motivation goes a long way.

Maybe I missed something, but have they bothered to explain at all why Ambrose wants to win the IC title? I understand these things just aren't deemed important anymore, but I can't wrap my head around why a "crazy" guy like Anbrose would care about a title. A little motivation goes a long way.

Ambrose talked about going to WWE HQ during the Raw snowed out show and saw the "Wall of Champions" and wanted to get his picture on that wall too.