DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-16-15

MGFanJay

D-Lo's chest protector was legal.

To be fair, D-Lo's chest protector was only legal after sustaining a chest injury and then getting written permission from the WWF President and Commissioner. It was complete coincidence that it happened to hurt his opponents when he did the frog splash. 

Couldn't Reigns be excused because of his recent hernia surgery?  That it helps him no-sell is just a bonus.

So Fast Lane looks like this:

Reigns vs. Bryan
Barrett vs. Ambrose

Rusev vs. Cena
Usos vs. Cesaro & Kidd
Nikki vs. Paige

I imagine they'll add Ziggler/Ryback/Rowan vs. Rollins/Noble/Mercury (or maybe Rollins/Show/Kane) and throw in Prime Time Players-Ascension on the preshow.  Goldust/Cody just broke up so probably too soon for that to happen...I was guessing we'd get that team against Miz and Sandow in a battle of which team would implode first.

So Fast Lane looks like this:

Reigns vs. Bryan

Barrett vs. Ambrose

Rusev vs. Cena

Usos vs. Cesaro & Kidd

Nikki vs. Paige

I imagine they'll add Ziggler/Ryback/Rowan vs. Rollins/Noble/Mercury (or maybe Rollins/Show/Kane) and throw in Prime Time Players-Ascension on the preshow.  Goldust/Cody just broke up so probably too soon for that to happen...I was guessing we'd get that team against Miz and Sandow in a battle of which team would implode first.

You know what, that is a damn good lineup. It honestly looks better than the Rumble.

I think it's because he's lost weight like Al Sharpton and his head structure stayed the same so his head is huge now.   Between that and the forehead labyrinth now hanging looser with less fat to fill it in.

Some people just aren't meant to be skinny.  I'M LOOKIN' AT YOU, WAYNE KNIGHT!!!!!

Easily the best ever three hour Raw I'd say. I literally didn't skip one segment, and considering I normally get through it in an hour or less, that's some accomplishment. Still nothing amazing, but a great opening segment with Cena, a couple of really fun matches in Harper/Ambrose and Show/Bryan and a dramatic closing angle. Works for me.

Patrick B., on 17 Feb 2015 - 4:45 PM, said:Patrick B., on 17 Feb 2015 - 4:45 PM, said:

Add in whatever HHH and Sting are doing and Heyman on MizTV.  Maybe Brock will see if he can beat his own Miz-throwing distance record.

If I were Miz I'd think about furnishing the ring in bean bags or inflatable chairs.

Patrick B., on 17 Feb 2015 - 4:45 PM, said:

Add in whatever HHH and Sting are doing and Heyman on MizTV.  Maybe Brock will see if he can beat his own Miz-throwing distance record.

If I were Miz I'd think about furnishing the ring in bean bags of inflatable chairs.

You ever seen a man waterboarded with beanbag beans?

• Like 1

Patrick B., on 17 Feb 2015 - 4:45 PM, said:

Add in whatever HHH and Sting are doing and Heyman on MizTV. Maybe Brock will see if he can beat his own Miz-throwing distance record.

If I were Miz I'd think about furnishing the ring in bean bags of inflatable chairs.

You ever seen a man waterboarded with beanbag beans?

No but don't kill the dream.

Show yelling "MAY 13, YOU PSYCHO!" at Kane was fucking awesome. 

Yeah, for all the hate Show gets, this had me rolling.

Show has been busting out some great trash talk lately with that line and all the stuff from the tag team turmoil match from last week's Smackdown.

Seems like I'm the person most interested in where they go with the Stardust/Goldust deal. If they actually let Dustin carry the feud in promos it could be really good. I wouldn't mind seeing them do a throwback to those sit down interviews he did back in like 97 where he took off the makeup and talked about his family. There is enough real stuff there he could talk about like not talking to his dad for years and doing crazy things like trying to get Vince to pay for implants for the Goldust character that would work better coming from Dustin than Goldust.

EDIT: Nevermind, plenty of other people responded before I did

I'll just say that I thought it was interesting how JBL, the heel announcer who shits on everybody, was putting Reigns over as a true WWE Superstar and making excuses for him to be out there as if Reigns himself were a heel

I noticed this, too.  Reigns was definitely being called as the heel, even if that's not indicative of anything.

If he drops the makeup and we get a cowboy boot-wearing Dustin Rhodes in a WWE match just once, it will justify Stardust's entire existence.

We got cowboy boot wearing Dustin in the WWF. It was during Dusty's feud with the Million Dollar Man in late '90- early '91.