DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-16-15

MGFanJay

LOVED LOVED LOVED the Cena-Rusev opening. They made the US Title seem important and I'm totally fine with Cena winning it at Fast Lane. Does it mean as much for Rusev to have his first loss there compared to WM? No - but it means he can regain the title quickly at WM, and traditionally, they've had the guy who should win at WM lose there and then win on a B-show. They're doing it in reverse here, and that's good for building the future. Rusev not only stands to "beat Cena on WWE's grandest stage", but also do so for a title that can mean more throughout 2015 than it has throughout its WWE run.

Ambrose's Weekend Update was not exactly good - the highlight was the bad suit. Ambrose-Harper was okay, but nothing too special. Loved Dusty's promo - it was subdued, but effective. It was too short though. Dusts vs. The Dead Push was a match. I liked the return of whatever Cody's finish was called to turn on him instead of Stardust's bad flatliner, even though that move is better out of the fake hug bit.  Roman and Byron exchanged Generic WWE Words. Roman's a dick.

Roman-Kane was nothing, but Bryan made this whole thing work by being great on commentary. Setup for Paige's dress getup was stupid, but she was hilarious. She beat Summer and was just perfect in this girly dress playing the whole thing for laughs. Seth-Dolph was okay, but got exciting until the finish, which was a fuck finish done PERFECTLY. Hopefully, it leads to Seth-Dolph on PPV and not just a wacky six-man tag with Seth and the goons against the mid-card Survivors. 

The HHH-Sting hype video made HHH out to be a hell of a babyface, and then HHH said HE'S FIGHTING FOR WWE against WCW, here in 2015 - 14 years after WCW died. This led to more of HHH being put over, Flair coming out and HHH putting him over while Flair put him over. Then HHH shoved Flair down for warning him and HHH said NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WWE BUT HIS KIDS AND HIS WIFE. He's the heel here, in theory. D-Young and Generic SmackDown CAW with black trunks and tattoos were beaten up by the Ascension until Titus came down for a PTP reunion - good, they're great together and largely mediocre apart. 

Nattie and Tyson vs. an Uso and Naomi was a match. Loved Tyson showing Nattie how to win with the sharpshooter instead of being cradled by it. YAY IT'S THE BIG DAWG out to do commentary. Nope - he's seated next to the commentators, so they don't trust him with a mic. Bryan tried to have a great match with Show and was having a good one while Roman took selfies and stretched. They had a damn good match even with this angle hurting things.They've really  hurt Bryan and Roman. The former's character has been really hurt badly, while Roman's character never really got established and has just been killed by this writing. I liked the show-closing brawl overall, but they gave A LOT away here. 

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/02/wwe-raw-2-16-15.html

Screens - 

70d63b390804515.jpg

"I'm the Titty Master, and you're not!"

6b7d47390804069.jpg

55f59b390810194.jpg

d1d276390813361.jpg

f71d30390813379.jpg

THE VIGILANTE WAI TING!
d0f2ff390813447.jpg

Loved this shot
960c6d390813453.jpg

e912f6390818728.jpg 

9a085b390818804.jpg

b81b4a390822078.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/4dexolzuuklt6vl9vayvx69t382806y5

Pretty good RAW. I enjoyed the hell out of the Dolph and Rollins back and forth. I loved all the little digs at one another. Cocky pricks. 

Paige was awesome and is fucking OVER right now. The Bellas were garbage with their insults but the way Paige no sold everything and the crowd was into her was spectacular. 

Flair was decent. Less drunk. I like the build of HHH/Sting so far. 

I missed most of the last hour but I saw the Bryan and Reigns brawl. Good stuff. I'm interested in the match on Sunday at Fast Lane so they did their job.

Yeah a Dean Ambrose talk show is even more needed on the Network after his attempt to be 1975 Chevy Chase.  

And like fellow DVDR twitter posters have stated, it is good that they were able to those young knockout kids in Big Show and Kane strong.  Don't want them to lose any of their momentum   <_<

Wow I tuned back in from Better Call Saul just in time to see that someone figured out that maybe more fans would get behind Roman if he seems like he gives a shit. I still think he'll be alright if Bryan leads him through a really good match at Fastlane. I also liked the Cena-Rusev stuff and that Paige was so over. On the negative side these weekly "Bray Wyatt makes cryptic references that we're supposed to pretend we don't realize are about The Undertaker" promos just make me sad because I know that Wyatt's just being sacrificed so that Taker doesn't have to go out on his back and come summer Wyatt will be jobbing in the midcard.

Bray's promos have to be hinting towards The Undertaker, right? Besides the casket, I'm pretty sure he even quoted 'Taker's old song that used the Latin or whatever.

It's either Taker or Pontius Pilate.

Bray has about an equal chance of having a good match with either one.

• Like 5

Paige looked great in that outfit. She deserves a lot of credit for working with Bella's and their school play level acting.

I could never tire of Ambrose and Harper beating the shit out of each other. I wish Harper actually had some kind of direction right now. Just put the Wyatt family back together.

Paige looked great in that outfit. She deserves a lot of credit for working with Bella's and their school play level acting.

It's like they accidentally stumbled on a really basic character trait that they had forgotten about.  To have a babyface show that she's not so hung up on her exact precise entrance, outfit, catchphrase, etc. and can pretty much just role out of bed and throw on a potato sack and go beat the bad guys up and enjoy it because she's fucking good at it and has no fear.  She doesn't even have to be "fun" and tell us how much she enjoys playing dress up and dancing or how she is hotter than whoever. 

She just rolls with whatever bullshit happens and handles it with grace and we like her because we like people like that.

This shit should be so easy.  Be likable.  Wrestle well.  You will automatically look good next to the stream of screeching catastrophes around you.

• Like 8

Roman's backstage promo was a big step up from what he's been doing.  They're cluing in on having him just keep it simple but effective, have him sound like he's confident that he can kick anyone's ass but also calm and not boastful about it.  Cody's promo was just plain bad though.  I'm all for him snapping and losing touch with reality, but this wasn't good.  Also, the Dust brothers are going to go nowhere on their own.

Granted I was busy with work for most of Raw, but I really can't tell who is supposed to be the heel and face in the Bryan/Roman deal.  Sure Bryan has always been the wily underdog, but he's been acting more and more like a dick.  That's all in retaliation for how Roman has been acting towards him, but he just seemed to push it a little further.

There really isn't anything that's going to convince me to care about HHH/Sting.

Granted I was busy with work for most of Raw, but I really can't tell who is supposed to be the heel and face in the Bryan/Roman deal.  Sure Bryan has always been the wily underdog, but he's been acting more and more like a dick.  That's all in retaliation for how Roman has been acting towards him, but he just seemed to push it a little further.

It's face/face where both faces want it badly enough to embrace their dark side. Like Warrior telling Hogan to take the controls and go into a nosedive if he's got the guts. Or something like that.

The funny thing about that HHH segment is you know he really believes every word of it. I think he believes he is just as important to WWE as Sting was to WCW. That he is WWE's "franchise", "icon", etc. I'm sure his reasoning would be that guys like Austin and Rock came and went, but he has been the one constant for the last 19 years.

I think HHH is working the old school fans who care by calling himself that. The only fans who care about the Sting stuff are older and can be worked when HHH does that. Especially since everyone knows that Taker is that. I seriously doubt HHH thinks that for real.

• Like 1

I think HHH is working the old school fans who care by calling himself that. The only fans who care about the Sting stuff are older and can be worked when HHH does that. Especially since everyone knows that Taker is that. I seriously doubt HHH thinks that for real.

His best friend is Shawn Michaels, the guy who says he pioneered hardcore wrestling in the United States, was the one who really ushered in the Attitude era, and started a more influential stable than the nWo. So it's not hard for me to believe Triple H really sees himself in that light.