DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Ryder is smarter than he looks. He goes down to nXt and hitches his wagon to one of HHH's "project" guys. And they're actually pretty good. Thought they had a few nice transitions in their match on yesterday's episode...

I actually like the Hype Bros (having a real team name helps). It's way better than Mojo as a singles guy, and gives him a decent shot of rehabbing his image by pairing him with an established fan-favorite who can carry a lot of the ring-work. He definitely needs to ditch that hammer time thing until he goes heel, though. That shit's gonna make the crowd turn on him in a hurry.

He definitely needs to ditch that hammer time thing until he goes heel, though. That shit's gonna make the crowd turn on him in a hurry.

This....christ, a million times this.

I thought it worked really well last time when Mojo was the hot tag. He doesn't bring a lot to the table, but he does bring a psychotic amount of energy. That can play really well on the apron waiting for the tag, begging for the tag.

I'm not convinced Ryder is the right guy to be his partner though.

They've got a great finish, though. The double team Rough Ryder is classic: simple but hurty-looking.

Definitely true.

Basically I'm waiting to see them in a competitive match before I start really forming an opinion.

I actually like the Hype Bros (having a real team name helps). It's way better than Mojo as a singles guy, and gives him a decent shot of rehabbing his image by pairing him with an established fan-favorite who can carry a lot of the ring-work. He definitely needs to ditch that hammer time thing until he goes heel, though. That shit's gonna make the crowd turn on him in a hurry.

He shouldn't ditch it entirely since it's one of the few things that actually gives him some character. Just tweak it; have an 80s training montage where upon Ryder reworks the setup mechanics to Hammer Time.

Come to think of it, just go whole hog 90s Totally Radical with the team theme. Have Mojo come out with huge padded shoulder pads attached to a vest that has too many pockets.

ISW has done Lego Deathmatches before. Not sure if Steen was in any of them.

I'm fairly certain Drake Younger/Wuertz did lego spots in PWG as well. Flashbacks for the poor ref.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain Drake Younger/Wuertz did lego spots in PWG as well. Flashbacks for the poor ref.

I actually watched BOLA 2013 NIght 1 a couple of weeks ago and there was a lego spot there with Younger.

On a side note, I am going to the NXT house show tomorrow night. (A buddy of mine and I are driving 4 1/2 hours because we're both idiots).

I was curious what the camera policy is at those shows. I have a decent camera, but it's not an SLR, so I am inclined to think they'll allow it, but I obviously don't want to make a scene because I have it.

I actually watched BOLA 2013 NIght 1 a couple of weeks ago and there was a lego spot there with Younger.

On a side note, I am going to the NXT house show tomorrow night. (A buddy of mine and I are driving 4 1/2 hours because we're both idiots).

I was curious what the camera policy is at those shows. I have a decent camera, but it's not an SLR, so I am inclined to think they'll allow it, but I obviously don't want to make a scene because I have it.

The policy is get us a frigging fancam, buddy

• Like 3

Hopefully Part 3 -- or any part -- explains the demon. Once they do that, then it works perfectly. If not, then Finn is "a nice guy who paints his face up for no real reason."

How about because painting your face is FUCKING AWESOME????

I think I figured out who Big Fresh is in real life:

puddy_devils_medium.jpg

I'm ok with this.

• Like 2

That was a nice write up Phil, and I have to agree Sasha just has "it". Whatever "it" is that girl has a boat load of it she just comes off like a total star from the second she walks out. I also agree about Blue Pants kind of stinking in the ring. Hopefully we'll see Crowe break out in a similar way Becky did against Sasha pretty soon.

• Like 2

That was a nice write up Phil, and I have to agree Sasha just has "it". Whatever "it" is that girl has a boat load of it she just comes off like a total star from the second she walks out. I also agree about Blue Pants kind of stinking in the ring. Hopefully we'll see Crowe break out in a similar way Becky did against Sasha pretty soon.

I know this isn't what you meant, but Crowe v. Sasha would be pretty great. 

The Vaudevillains are so fun. I am legit looking forward to Villains/Enzo and Cass next week. The Villains doing cool double-team shit to Enzo until he gets the hot tag sounds like a quite enjoyable time.

I hope Tyler Breeze doesn't leave NXT without a run with the title. Hoping he beats Bálor if Itami doesn't. 

Emma, like Samoa Joe, has shit music. Unlike Samoa Joe, it's supposed to be shit music. She's a really good heel; loved her kicking Carmella's jacket, pulling hair, and generally being an ass. Carmella is not a good face. Emma and Dana Brooke challenging Sasha Banks and then pointing out that since Banks had to walk over or turn on everyone to get the title, she had no tag partner was also good. That Emma/Dana Brooke alliance is really effective - they are very easy to root against.

I laughed at that Regal/Bull skit, God help me. 

I wish they'd stop with all the squash matches wtih Corbin. He seems sort of aimless right now, which is too bad. I think his offense continues to look better and more impactful. 

Tag match main event was solid. Rhyno doing squats on that stalling vertical was so cool. People who criticize Bálor for not being too great at garnering sympathy or fighting up from underneath are spot on. I liked the finishing run an awful lot, though. Joe got himself up for that pop-up powerbomb! Still think Bálor is winning on Saturday even though he pinned Owens.