DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

If there's one thing Owens has learned from HHH, it's how to absolutely kill it as a guest announcer. Finn and Rhyno actually had a nice little match there too, but I was cracking up the whole time thanks to Owens. I'm not sure who's been abused worse by Owens now, Rich Brennan or Sami Zayn.

Also the Finn Balor video package was legitimately heart-warming. The pics with Albert were goofy and adorable, especially that clip with them on their bikes. And I've never felt a bigger personal connection to any wrestler than I did when Finn was talking about having wrestling tapes going in the VCR while building lego sets. If Finn and I were the same age and met each other when we were 9, we would've been BFFs for sure.

I feel like this was the "Kevin Owens is a massive asshole" show, and it was fantastic.

I like the Hype Bros. They're such a pure fired-up babyface tag team that they're really quite lovable.

I enjoyed Dana Brooke's opponent quite a bit. 

Finn Balor seems like a really nice dude IRL. 

I thought Balor's offense looked so much better tonight.  Lots more clubbering and less of his contrived offensive formula he'd fallen into.

Between the videos and this match, my opinion of him has turned completely around in two weeks.

Owens and Graves is an awesome color commentary tandem.

There were so many golden comedy moments on this episode of NXT, two of my favs:

Finn's new T-shirt...

LcFjjQ7l.jpg

Owen's showing just how much of a loving father he is...

r308nS4l.jpg

Finn wearing a Finn from Adventure Time shirt, building Legos with Sami Zayn is my new favorite thing ever.  I thought the match with Rhyno was probably his best babyface performance ever.  Actually looked good fighting from underneath. 

I like to think that Dana keeps taunting in order to build up her spirit meter, or possibly store finishers.  Either that, or someone fell asleep on the analog stick.  I mean, when I watch Dana, ALL I can notice is how much she taunts.

I took a bizarre liking to the Fulton/Dawkins team, and Ryder actually looked REALLY good.

• Like 1

Highlights of the show were Owens on commentary, and Breeze's selfie with Bull in the background. Dana's match was better than a lot of main roster diva matches I've seen lately, and KC definitely has some potential. It feels like a criminally long time since we've seen Sasha wrestle.

Dana still does nothing for me. I realize that she's slowly improving but it's VERY slow and she has a LONG way to go.

Enzo and Cass continue to entertain me.

The Bull "hey look, the fat guy is fat and eats food that makes him fat" Dempsey thing does not. Seriously fucking dumb and does nothing to enhance the show or make more of the character. It REEKS of Vince McMahon "humor."

Owens is like a one man "heel renaissance." The guy is so EASY to hate. That's a fucking art form unto itself in a post-Austin "cool heel" world.

The NXT reclamation project, aka Finn Balor is working. I agree. His match with Rhino has been my favorite to date. Combine that with the humanizing of him with the video packages and I find myself warming to him which I didn't think was going to happen as recently as two weeks ago.

Oh, I almost forgot. Fuck Mojo Rawley. I feel like he's giving me diarrhea. He's terrible. A coked up 30 year old frat boy with ass based offense. No.

• Like 1

Lost in Owens' tremendous commentary experience, I think his best asshole moment was in his promo with Itami. Itami said something really lost-in-translation like "Kevin Owen... I mean ke-VIN Owen" and Owens just did the douchiest "white guy mocking someone speaking english as a second language" smirk/head-shake combo ever (which is ironic given his language status). I felt so bad fo Hideo right there.

Dana still does nothing for me. I realize that she's slowly improving but it's VERY slow and she has a LONG way to go.

Enzo and Cass continue to entertain me.

The Bull "hey look, the fat guy is fat and eats food that makes him fat" Dempsey thing does not. Seriously fucking dumb and does nothing to enhance the show or make more of the character. It REEKS of Vince McMahon "humor."

Owens is like a one man "heel renaissance." The guy is so EASY to hate. That's a fucking art form unto itself in a post-Austin "cool heel" world.

The NXT reclamation project, aka Finn Balor is working. I agree. His match with Rhino has been my favorite to date. Combine that with the humanizing of him with the video packages and I find myself warming to him which I didn't think was going to happen as recently as two weeks ago.

Especially when they have Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens on the roster. Just dumb booking and, yes, a total Vince thing.

Owens' putdowns of his competition can be a bit too much but he's still a really funny bully. The way he had the announcers walking on egg shells and directing them was hilarious and made up for another dull show.

Finn's lego backstory was so weird. But, they know their core audience of NXT would love it, so it makes a lot of sense. I just don't see the "quiet, introverted, nerdy Irishman" gimmick working on the main roster at all. They need to establish the demon character ASAP.

Lost in Owens' tremendous commentary experience, I think his best asshole moment was in his promo with Itami. Itami said something really lost-in-translation like "Kevin Owen... I mean ke-VIN Owen" and Owens just did the douchiest "white guy mocking someone speaking english as a second language" smirk/head-shake combo ever (which is ironic given his language status). I felt so bad fo Hideo right there.

Especially since English is Owens' second language as well.

Oh, I almost forgot. Fuck Mojo Rawley. I feel like he's giving me diarrhea. He's terrible. A coked up 30 year old frat boy with ass based offense. No.

I don't know, dude is clearly trying hard out there. He's not any good yet and that character is silly, but he's sort of growing on me. Same for Dana Brooke. 

• Like 1

Hopefully Part 3 -- or any part -- explains the demon. Once they do that, then it works perfectly. If not, then Finn is "a nice guy who paints his face up for no real reason."

How about because painting your face is FUCKING AWESOME????

Finn wearing a Finn from Adventure Time shirt, building Legos with Sami Zayn is my new favorite thing ever. I thought the match with Rhyno was probably his best babyface performance ever. Actually looked good fighting from underneath.

I like to think that Dana keeps taunting in order to build up her spirit meter, or possibly store finishers. Either that, or someone fell asleep on the analog stick. I mean, when I watch Dana, ALL I can notice is how much she taunts.

I took a bizarre liking to the Fulton/Dawkins team, and Ryder actually looked REALLY good.

Does that thing even count as a taunt? She's just rubbing one of her arms. I don't get it. Is that sexy to some people????

Also, she looks like a chipmunk.

Hopefully Part 3 -- or any part -- explains the demon. Once they do that, then it works perfectly. If not, then Finn is "a nice guy who paints his face up for no real reason."

I think I figured out who Big Fresh is in real life:

puddy_devils_medium.jpg

• Like 6

I don't know, dude is clearly trying hard out there. He's not any good yet and that character is silly, but he's sort of growing on me. Same for Dana Brooke. 

Mojo just needs to go full Shiro Koshinaka, or HAGE Genki Horiguchi and he might have something.

I'm diggin cocky & conceited Dana Brooke also.

puddy_devils_medium.jpg

DEVILS!!!

puddy_devils_medium.jpg

Ay dios mio! El Diablo!

I'll admit I'll keep watching Mojo and see what if anything improves teaming with Ryder. A sick broken part of me has always wanted to like Zack so I can't completely write them off.

• Like 1