DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

I can never remember which one is Adam Cole and which one is Adam Page, but it's okay because I don't like either of them.

Also, I don't get Matt Taven.  Is he supposed to be ironically dressed as a 90s indie wrestler?  Or is he not aware that he looks like he walked out 1996 Omega?

I'm still watching this show regularly, but I'd rather they deep-six most of the roster and run with Jay Lethal, Briscos, Dalton Castle, Donovan Dijak (I like him!), Truth Martini, Addiction, ACH, Young Bucks (I still don't really LIKE them, but am reasonably entertained by them), War Machine (Sort of, they do a lot of stuff that annoy me, but I think they have potential), Moose and Maria and I'd be totally happy.

He definitely brings the sleaze.

I get a Trent Acid vibe from Matt Taven. Hopefully, he never develops a fondness for smack.  I really dig The Kingdom, which is something because I never thought I'd enjoy anything involving Mike Bennett. 

It really is a shame NXT stole most of their thunder (no pun intended) because this is shaping up as one monster show for them. Here's hoping they get a great crowd and have the sense not to announce last call for beer.

• Like 1

Was I the only one who thought that announcement was terrible at the G1 Climax by Delirious.  The announcement itself was good although the idea that ROH going to Japan is a huge deal seems nutty for us long term followers.  Although this will be the first time they go to Japan under a New Japan as they originally were under Dragon Gate and NOAH help.

I was talking about the promo itself.  First of all you have Delirious who has the gimmick from day one that he only talks in gibberish or carny speak IN HIS MASK speaking in good English.  Then he talks in this stereotypical tone like most Americans who think the Japanese can't understand a word we are saying.   It was like a Bruce Tharpe promo only the difference is that Tharpe is a heel and is mocking the people when screaming ICHIBAN all the time

After watching week's ROH TV, I've decided that I really want Dalton Castle to be wrestling one half of a tag team (Bennett, Rowe, Daniels) when the other member jumps him from behind and as he's getting stomped, Silas Young comes out and saves him and they form a semi-regular tag team.  The promos would be great, with Silas getting annoyed with Castle, annoyed by the boys, but still standing up for his really manly buddies.  Instead we get Young criticizing Castle's "lifestyle" and challenging him to a match with his boys on the line, at which point he promises to turn them into "men" which really just sounds like Silas plans to have sex with them.  I like my idea much better.

• Like 3

I'm hoping Silas intends to have them subscribe to Sports Illustrated or watch Parks and Rec to take notes from Ron Swanson or something...  But, yeah, his promo made it sound like he was planning to have the boys drop the soap in the shower, so to speak.

maybe Delirious can only speak English in Japan?!

He was trying to speak Japanese but it got garbled up and unintentionally came out as English.

• Like 2

maybe Delirious can only speak English in Japan?!

He was trying to speak Japanese but it got garbled up and unintentionally came out as English.

Does the Miracle of Pentecost mean NOTHING to you animals?

Re Field of Honor, the weather's looking fairly ominous for Gotham that weekend. I'm hoping they have an alternate site lined up... Abe Stark Arena is literally across the parking lot and would do quite nicely in a pinch.