DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

So the gym I normally work out at is closed this week so I went to a power lifting gym that's around the corner from me. I'm talking to the guy at the counter and I hear a familiar voice which makes me turn around and I see Silas Young coaching a guy through his reps.

He's can't be more than 5'10 but his chest his HUGE. I always forget how huge wrestlers are in real life.

So the gym I normally work out at is closed this week so I went to a power lifting gym that's around the corner from me. I'm talking to the guy at the counter and I hear a familiar voice which makes me turn around and I see Silas Young coaching a guy through his reps.

Are you sure it was coaching? Maybe he was just instructing the Boys some more in how to be men.

• Like 3

The first 3 names for this year's Top Prospect Tourney have been announced. They are: Action Ortiz, Punisher Martinez, and Lio Rush. I'm going to plead my ignorance and say I don't know anything about these guys. Cagematch has nothing. Anyone have any insight?

Action Ortiz is a Tommy Dreamer student. From what little I've seen, he needs a lot of work.

I just watched the Final Battle replay Sunday. I thought the best matches were Cole vs. O'Reilly, Strong vs. Fish, and Styles vs. Lethal.

I was disappointed there wasn't more interaction between Shelley and Sabin in the six man tag. From the results of the next night's tv tapings, ROH seems to be hinting at a MCMG reunion.

I'm sad to see the end of The Kingdom. I really like heel Maria and Bennett had grown on me. I hope Matt Taven sticks around after he recovers from his injury. He's got a great, sleazy vibe and reminds me a lot of Trent Acid.

Lio might be a CZW guy, but I've seen him a lot in MCW.  At the last show he had a really match that wasn't all about flippy movez.  I think he's going to fare quite nicely, just wish I knew about this before seeing him last Saturday.

Hakim Zane needs to be in the Top Prospect Tourney. He's been on the midwest scene for a long time, most notably with XIPW in Detroit in a stable managed by Truth Martini, and has even done some dark matches for ROH. I believe he also got a televised match once. He also cheated to win a match against me one time long ago.

Going to my first RoH show in Concord, NC next week.  One of the TV tapings.  Here is hoping for some good matches and such.

Roderick Strong vs Masada for the TV Title in Concord. Worth admission alone in per randomness. Also Alex Shelley vs Frankie Kazarian and Matt Sydal & ACH vs The Young Bucks in Concord.

Going to my first RoH show in Concord, NC next week.  One of the TV tapings.  Here is hoping for some good matches and such.

Roderick Strong vs Masada for the TV Title in Concord. Worth admission alone in per randomness. Also Alex Shelley vs Frankie Kazarian and Matt Sydal & ACH vs The Young Bucks in Concord.

Damn, I wish I'd gone on vacation next weekend instead.