DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

Did anyone ever even know that TNA was doing shows within driving distance of them on this board outside of reading about it online?

Kurt Angle did a radio interview with one of our sports talk stations to promote a house show in Houston a few years back.

The problem with TNA all along is continuning to be the problem with TNA - first Spike and now Destination America trying to tell the what's best prevents them from having an identity of their own. First it was Spike saying "we need names, let's get Hulk Hogan," etc., when TNA needed to be pushing themselves as the alternative to everything that's been seen before, not a rehash of it.

Whether you loved or hated ECW, that's what they did best. Wrestling was kind of in a down spot creatively, so they came along and shouted at the top of their lungs "WE'RE NEW, WE'RE DIFFERENT, WE'RE EXCITING," which is what TNA should've been doing. Any of these old WWE rejects should've been brought in very short term to job decisively to the homegrown talent and then shuffled off to Fan Conventions in Charlotte. But it didn't work that way, cementing TNA's status as The Same Old Shit.

The problem with TNA all along is continuning to be the problem with TNA - first Spike and now Destination America trying to tell the what's best prevents them from having an identity of their own. First it was Spike saying "we need names, let's get Hulk Hogan," etc., when TNA needed to be pushing themselves as the alternative to everything that's been seen before, not a rehash of it.

Whether you loved or hated ECW, that's what they did best. Wrestling was kind of in a down spot creatively, so they came along and shouted at the top of their lungs "WE'RE NEW, WE'RE DIFFERENT, WE'RE EXCITING," which is what TNA should've been doing. Any of these old WWE rejects should've been brought in very short term to job decisively to the homegrown talent and then shuffled off to Fan Conventions in Charlotte. But it didn't work that way, cementing TNA's status as The Same Old Shit.

I never had a problem with them bringing in the guys from WWE.  The problem I had is that they acted like everyone they got from there was the second coming of Jesus. Christian was a great example of that.  Here you have a guy who was mainly a tag team guy in WWE, but they hot shot him right to the main event.  He should have had to work his way up the card.    Everyone they brought in from there should have started as the openers of the show.  They built Joe up as this unstoppable monster for months and just fed him to Angle as soon as he came in.  It was stupid and makes your guys look second rate.

Truthfully though my TNA frustration really started when they wouldn't put the title on Monty Brown.

• Like 1

I was watching some Destination America today since it's one of my free previews for my cable this month. There was a 12 hour Moonshiners marathon followed by a 12 hour Mountain Monsters marathon. TNA is literally the best thing they have going for them.

Although I was surprisingly hyped by the revelation that Bigfoot is teaming up with the Chupacabra in the backwoods of West Virginia.

if you watch Destination America you would assume that ever single monster is currently staying in West Virginia or North Carolina.   While I can see that because of the low cost of living I would assume that the real reason is they can't afford to travel outside of a 500 mile radius

I was watching some Destination America today since it's one of my free previews for my cable this month. There was a 12 hour Moonshiners marathon followed by a 12 hour Mountain Monsters marathon. TNA is literally the best thing they have going for them.

Better than Psychic Bigfoot?

It does make sense for Bigfoot to be psychic, tbh.

How else has he avoided detection all this time?

"Oh, some people from Weird World News are coming looking for me this weekend, I'd better lay low."

• Like 1

So...are the TNA higher ups refreshing the newz sites just hoping for a head line that the WWE has parted ways with Bray?

Given the financial situation with the company, I figure they are waiting for the same headline for Bo Dallas.   Actually if there is anybody that TNA would love to see fired it would guys like Brad Maddox or a Dash Wilder or Angelo Dawkins

Didn't they offer Del Rio $400,000 a year to come in?

Don't get me wrong: I'm sure they do have cash problems, but it does seem the money suddenly pops up whenever a big name becomes available. If you can be making major offers to Del Rio and Punk, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to pay production people on time.

Bigfoot and Chupacabra are former Mid-Atlantic tag champs I think.

Correct. Doesn't matter though. TNA won't book them properly. They'll be jobbing to Cannibal Hillbilly and the Mothman by this time next month.

At this rate, TNA should go all in with the Destination America connection and have nothing but monsters, cryptids, hillbillies and ghosts battling it out.  Fuck, give Violent J the book.

• Like 1

Unless you put all your money towards the big signings at the expense of the production people. Name me a key grip that's ever drawn a dime in MSG.

Who was the key grip on Nash's famous "that night"?

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-update-tna-planning-a-major-international-tour-of-china-details-inside-here

As reported earlier today, TNA has reportedly told several talents to block out dates this year for a possible China tour. In an update on this, the company is looking to launch an international tour that begins with shows in China on May 22nd, May 23rd and May 30th with two other shows outside of China.

There is a print ad listing the dates for China’s shows that has MVP, Gail Kim and Jeff Hardy as advertised talents for the show. The tour is not yet confirmed or officially announced, as some details need to be worked out. The crew is tentatively scheduled to leave the US on May 20th.

They built Joe up as this unstoppable monster for months and just fed him to Angle as soon as he came in.  It was stupid and makes your guys look second rate.

I don't think it was really a bad idea to have Angle beat Joe. It was some of the more solid booking they did. The bad thing was waiting so long to let Joe beat Angle.

They built Joe up as this unstoppable monster for months and just fed him to Angle as soon as he came in. It was stupid and makes your guys look second rate.

I don't think it was really a bad idea to have Angle beat Joe. It was some of the more solid booking they did. The bad thing was waiting so long to let Joe beat Angle.

Didn't he beat him the very next PPV?