DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

I really hope Tyson gets a run on the main roster. Fact could be the next What. It could be bigger than Yes. Seriously though Tyson has the best character in WWE right now. Give him Titus as his very own personal Fact checker/bodyguard, and I don't see how it doesn't get over. Maybe a name change could be in order due to Tyson Kidd having the stench of jobber on it. Call him Tyson Hart call his finish matter of fact or something silly like that, and give one of your best talents a shot.

If anything the crowd might show a lot of restraint should he use the GTS.  At the Takeover show they attempted to do a Punk chant but were quickly shussed by the crowd.  I was pretty amazed by that.  If they can manage that then there's hope the GTS will work the way it should.

As for Steen/Itami, it sounds cool but I'm still thinking at some point he's going to be with/against Zayn.  I could see him and Itami to start with, but at some point it's bound to happen.

If anything the crowd might show a lot of restraint should he use the GTS.  At the Takeover show they attempted to do a Punk chant but were quickly shussed by the crowd.  I was pretty amazed by that.  If they can manage that then there's hope the GTS will work the way it should.

That's the Full Sail crowd. He does a GTS on Raw, and no one's shushing that chant.

Wrestling fans passion for knowing the previous names of characters never ceases to amaze me. The Bray Wyatt debut is my favorite version of this. Seriously? Dude was on the main roster for about a month, and he's now physically unrecognizable from his previous incarnation and is, uhm, awesome.

I don't keep up with Japan and I don't watch NXT every week - though I try - but holy smokes KENTA is awesome and completely out of place getting beat down by the Ascension on NXT. Jesus. What strange booking.

Why? He unexpectedly beat them both up last week and they were prepared and got the drop on him this time round

Wrestling fans passion for knowing the previous names of characters never ceases to amaze me. The Bray Wyatt debut is my favorite version of this. Seriously? Dude was on the main roster for about a month, and he's now physically unrecognizable from his previous incarnation and is, uhm, awesome.

There's a wrestling dude around here who runs a local website about indies in my area, and whenver he did WWE results, he wrote Evan Bourne as "Matt Sydal" to "prove a point". It was pretty goddamn hilarious.

• Like 1

Since I just caught Take Over last night...

- I've been trying to determine who Enzo resembles and then it hit me, he's like the guido version of Jamie Dundee.  Maybe they should call him Italian Ice.  His hair is about pro-wrestling as you can get.  I liked the bits with him and Cass, Cass is kinda like Test mixed with Edge.  It seems like a lot of their stuff is off the cuff which makes me wonder how bad they'd blow it if they were over producing them if they get called up.

- Charlotte looked pretty hurty.  I think the only other time I really saw her was around the time they had her turn heel on Bayley and it seems like she's come a long way since then.  That said the moonsault would have worked if she didn't seem to come down all knees and the figure four skullfucker she was doing was pretty obvious her knees where all the impact and Bayley's head wasn't touching the mat.  And thank you Urban Dictonary for helping me learn what the fuck a ratchet is.

- I really liked the main, I think all 4 guys looked good in it and Tyson Kidd really looked top notch in the match.  Really great story and a very fun match.

So is there a reason (apart from the obvious, of course) Itami doesnt use the GTS?

It never looked real good when he tried to do it to bigger guys. When he was working with juniors, it looked great. Easily the best new move of the last decade in my unbiased opinion. Still, I remember him trying it on Kobashi a couple times and each time it was a total botch. Can't remember if he ever tried it on Morishima or Rikioh. While WWE wrestlers are getting smaller on average, there's still too many Kobashi-sized guys there that would make it a questionable choice for a main finisher.

Also, speaking of Kobashi, it made me unreasobably happy to hear Renee Young name-drop him on a WWE show.

I remember the first Adam Rose match at Full Sail; one fan tried to start a "We Want Kruger" chant and got a lot of fans yelling "NO!" at him.

Seriously, I think for non-wrestlers the fans are the real MVPs of NXT.  There's so many smart people there, yet they go along with damn near everything.  It's to me the perfect crowd.  They're not trying to "get themselves over" and just want to get into everything.  Bless them all, really.

• Like 2

Some of the fans are trying to get themselves over. It's gotten worse over the year but it's not a ton of fans.

Went to the NXT house show tonight in Orlando. Not a very good show with not Neville, Zayn, Itami, Kalisto etc. Main event was Vaudvillans vs Ascension. I was hoping when the Ascension lost the tag titles, I wouldn't have to see them in NXT again but sadly that's not the case. Connor blew the finish and even he had to laugh at it. Best match of the night was actually Bayley/Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks/Dana Brooke. Sasha is just great. She might be my favorite diva on the roster. I think this was Dana's second match and she wasn't awful but doesn't sell a lick. She's incredibly hot so she'll make it I think. Reminds me of heel Kelly Kelly.