DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL - WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

I don't think pip was saying that there hasn't been repeats, just that Seattle has the best odds of repeating within in the last 20. Like, NE, Denver and Dallas has had stiffer competition of becoming champs. Then again, the other 30 teams haven't played yet this week, so yes, still too early to say. :)

I don't think pip was saying that there hasn't been repeats, just that Seattle has the best odds of repeating within in the last 20. Like, NE, Denver and Dallas has had stiffer competition of becoming champs. Then again, the other 30 teams haven't played yet this week, so yes, still too early to say. :)

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say - and phrased embarrassingly poorly (serves me right for posting after being up 16 hours straight).

And, yeah, I do realize its waaaaay too early to crown anybody but after that Super Bowl and then last night's fairly easy win over a team I don't think too many people would be shocked to see make a playoff run this year, it's hard not to install Seattle as a heavy odds on favorite to win it all again. I mean, is there even a clear cut second best team?

Sherman doesn't follow around a team's best receiver. As for who is the clear cut #2 behind Seattle... I think most would say Denver. The Niners were within inches of defeating Seattle in Seattle but we know how that played out and now without a healthy Bowman and Smith suspended...   it's not even close. Seattle is going to win the division.

Apparently Madden 15 has a thing on their web site called a 'GIFGENERATOR' that allow to make you own NFL animated GIF using Madden characters.  And of course Deadspin has found endless amounts of fun with this.  Some really good ones  :lol:

http://deadspin.com/we-made-some-really-stupid-madden-gifs-and-so-can-you-1630701852

Sadly, most of them are terrible.

• Like 1

Apparently Madden 15 has a thing on their web site called a 'GIFGENERATOR' that allow to make you own NFL animated GIF using Madden characters.  And of course Deadspin has found endless amounts of fun with this.  Some really good ones  :lol:

http://deadspin.com/we-made-some-really-stupid-madden-gifs-and-so-can-you-1630701852

Sadly, most of them are terrible.

Oh but there are some gems...

hk8mgroegpqab35bh5qj.gif

The Facebook Fan Map

That map suggests that Dean has a lot of backing for his Cowboys fandom in Southern Virginia.

WHY CANT THIS BE THE TV DISTRIBUTION MAP!!! 

I know I bitch about this every year, but what dickhead decided that we should all be Rams fans down here in Southern IL?  Is Kurt Warner to blame?

Sure, some people do love the Rams around here, but that map backs up the most obvious fucking thing.  Even the die hard STL Cardinals fans in this area are just as likely to go Bears over Rams.   It's insane that we only get to watch them when the Rams aren't playing.

So officially not a single pass thrown at Richard Sherman all night.  That right there is respect.

You can catch Sherman looking into the backfield on double-moves. They should have tried him at least once.

Regarding the Seahawks offense, the interior line play looks excellent. If it continues to be excellent and if Harvin can just play ten games + playoffs, they have a good chance to repeat. Without Harvin, I think a lot of the creativity in the play design gets quashed. Running plays with multiple viable options out of the backfield stretches the defense both horizontally and vertically (as on the pop pass TD). That's extremely difficult to defend consistently well even if the opposing defense is good.