DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL - WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

So I'm reading Deadspin's WYTS for the Lions and I TOTALLY forgot Jim Caldwell was hired as the Lions HC.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

EDIT: 

There's just Caldwell staring off into space, like he's trying to summon a really deep thought that he can't quite capture. He'd be an awesome coach for, like, a river.

I think we all did. To our members who are Lions fans. . . .  DAMN. 

Now for my delusional Bills prediction of the year(I have to live up to my gimmick). Finish between 7-10 wins, E.J. throws for 2500-3000 yards, and Sammy catches between 900-1100 yards, 6-9 Tds, ROY. I am well aware how I whistling past the graveyard with this, but what the hell. You can't have your heart broken unless you hope first right?

At least you're positive on yours.

Panthers go 6-10. Cam has an off year behind a terrible oline and Benjamin gets double teamed on every single play. The secondary gets burnt constantly. We get swept by the Bucs. Hope I'm wrong but that's my gut.

All part and parcel of being a fan of the defending champ.

I've certainly gotten my mileage out of it in baseball threads 'round the internet in recent years.

It's finally your turn to puff out your chest in everyone's direction as much as possible (because deep down, who knows if it will ever be your turn again).  And besides, the people you're thumping your chest at would thump their chest at you were roles reversed.

Michael Sam has been signed to the Cowboys' practice squad.

Damnit, I will not like the Cowboys for him. :-p

Not necessary at all :)  The more the Cowboys stink, the less they have to lose by promoting him to the 53-man and actually playing him.  EVERYBODY WINS.

Tom Brady was asked if he saw Dark Helmet take anything at the Kentucky Derby. Brady apparently laughed and said no comment.

I think as a quarterback Tom Brady needs to be more careful of who he hangs out with and not let his friends from his past bring him down. 

• Like 6

ESPN is reporting the crew for tonight's game threw the most Def Holding and DPI flags in the preseason. So what's the prop bet for total yards in penalties tonight?

over under 175 yards? (Just a guess, I have no idea) . . . 

#Browns WR Josh Gordon has a new job. He will be the goodwill ambassador for the Sarchione Auto group in Randolph, Ohio, which includes Sarchione Ford and Sarchione Chevrolet . He will be working in all aspects of their car business including as an on-floor salesman. Gordon will also be heading all of their local community efforts including with the Wounded Warriors Project. He starts this weekend.