DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL - WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

If it was a player, people would be complaining it was steep for a first offense.  When is the last time someone got six games for a first offense that was only convicted of a misdemeanor? I think people just enjoy complaining about Goodell.

I don't even like the guy and people are making me defend him... you are all horrible people.

• Like 2

If it was a player, people would be complaining it was steep for a first offense.  When is the last time someone got six games for a first time offense that was only convicted of a misdemeanor? I think people just enjoy complaining about Goodell.

I don't even like the guy and people are making me defend him... you are all horrible people.

Six games and half a million is pretty significant, but the thing that kills me about Goodell is that it seems like every punishment he gives out is made up on the spot without much thought.  There seems to be no identifiable reason for the lengths of any suspension.  There should be some sort of system in place to make these decision less controversial.  There just doesn't seem like there is any rhyme or reason for any of it.

Six games and half a million is pretty significant, but the thing that kills me about Goodell is that it seems like every punishment he gives out is made up on the spot without much thought.  There seems to be no identifiable reason for the lengths of any suspension.  There should be some sort of system in place to make these decision less controversial.  There just doesn't seem like there is any rhyme or reason for any of it.

He took the NHL's Wheel of Justice, now that Shanahan no longer needs it. Only explanation.

(Rafi Torres has already been pre-suspended by Goodell for life)

6 games and half a mil for the fucking owner of the team. Wow. What a punishment...

I'm sure Irsay will be heartbroke while he watches those 6 games from his yacht, blowing another half a mil on hookers and coke.

The Four-Letter says Sam is going to Dallas for a physical.

Quoting DVDVR Alumni now

Bill Barnwell @billbarnwell  ·  1h

Dallas is a much, much, much better on-field fit for Michael Sam than St. Louis. Little in front of him and a great DL coach.

The real hilarious part of that story is how Welker "popped a Molly" and cut it with amphetamines and that he did this when he was at the Kentucky Derby, which now explains his strange behavior at Churchill Downs.

Of course, he's denying it.

http://deadspin.com/wes-welker-denies-molly-report-1629985119

"I would NEVER knowingly take a substance to gain a competitive advantage in any way. Anyone who has ever played a down with me, lifted a weight with me, even eaten a meal with me, knows that I focus purely on what I put in my body and on the hard work I put in year round to perform at the highest levels year-in and year-out.

"I want any youth football players and all sports fans to know, there are NO shortcuts to success, and nothing but hard work and studying, leads to success."

Oh shut up. 

Can't they just call it "Ecstasy" or "MDMA" or whatever the formal name for it is. If a player got suspended for marijuana you wouldn't see headlines reading "Player suspended for smoking ganja".

• Like 1

Can't they just call it "Ecstasy" or "MDMA" or whatever the formal name for it is. If a player got suspended for marijuana you wouldn't see headlines reading "Player suspended for smoking ganja".

X is MDMA in pill or tablet form while Molly is either a powder or a grainulated substance.  Molly's physical form leads to rapid absorbtion into the blood stream and it is usually chemically purer than X.

My boss will be pleased to see that I actually paid attention during the annual mandatory DoD drug abuse prevention training seminar.

• Like 3

....Your boss reads the board?

No, he would be happy if he knew I'd passed the stupid Check On Learning after the dumb anti-drug seminar with pure knowledge instead of Googling the answers on my smart phone.

Now for my delusional Bills prediction of the year(I have to live up to my gimmick). Finish between 7-10 wins, E.J. throws for 2500-3000 yards, and Sammy catches between 900-1100 yards, 6-9 Tds, ROY. I am well aware how I whistling past the graveyard with this, but what the hell. You can't have your heart broken unless you hope first right?

Now for my delusional Bills prediction of the year(I have to live up to my gimmick). Finish between 7-10 wins, E.J. throws for 2500-3000 yards, and Sammy catches between 900-1100 yards, 6-9 Tds, ROY. I am well aware how I whistling past the graveyard with this, but what the hell. You can't have your heart broken unless you hope first right?

My prediction for Sammy is he ends up playing in 12 or fewer games and puts up about 750 yards.  I hope I'm wrong.  That's the dude I wanted Detroit to try and get.

So I'm reading Deadspin's WYTS for the Lions and I TOTALLY forgot Jim Caldwell was hired as the Lions HC.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

EDIT: 

There's just Caldwell staring off into space, like he's trying to summon a really deep thought that he can't quite capture. He'd be an awesome coach for, like, a river.
  • Like 2