DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL - WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

Not sure if I should be rooting for Fitzmagic, Malletmania or Tom "Macho Madness" Savage to be QB.  Hopefully Watt and Clowney just break RGIII like a wishbone and we win 2-0 or something. 

(I think Watt and Clowney breaking RGIII like a wishbone is a thing that could happen)

• Like 1

Not sure if I should be rooting for Fitzmagic, Malletmania or Tom "Macho Madness" Savage to be QB.  Hopefully Watt and Clowney just break RGIII like a wishbone and we win 2-0 or something. 

(I think Watt and Clowney breaking RGIII like a wishbone is a thing that could happen)

If you want a guy to take you to the brink of contention, then throw four picks in a meaningful game, its Shitspatrick, accept no substitutes. . .

I don't root for the Packers often but when I do it's when they're playing son of a bitching Seattle.

Hate is a perfectly acceptable reason to bandwagon for a week.

Carr gets slept on at the draft, gets to start on week 1, and avenges his brother's death at the hands of Matt Schaub? I'm liking this dude's career already.

I'm pretty sure David died at the hands of his own offensive line.

• Like 1

Schaub's epic fall continues.  Wonder what happened to him?  I mean for five straight years he had a QB rating of over 90, had over 4K yards three times.... then last year he sucked and this year can't even beat out a rookie.

As the DVDVR's resident (and only) Texans fan, three things:

1) Never really recovered from the lisfranc foot injury, which really hurt his already deficient mobility and made him gun shy about getting hit.

2) Dead arm.  Back to back overtime games in less than 5 days vs. (Jacksonville and Detroit on Thanksgiving) where he threw 60+ passes both times to complete epic comebacks seems to have killed his arm -- anything over 20 yards was impossible to throw for him.

3 ) Kubiak's ultra predictable play calling that led to all the pick sixes last year destroyed his confidence. 

I think that's a pretty decent way to destroy a decent QB.  And, let's face it, Schaub was only decent at best.

Jim Irsay pleads guilty to one misdemeanor. 

Remember kids, if you're going to drive while drunk and/or high as fuck..... be sure to be extremely rich. 

Drinking and driving is the least of the story, he had a bunch of drugs and $29K in a laudry bag.  That is basically guaranteed federal prison time for just about everybody, he gets to plead guilty to one misdemeanor.