DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Remember the picture going around of a wrestling ring in a Wal-Mart?  I was asked to do a show in Mason, OH next month at a Wal Mart.  I was crushed to find out it'll be in the parking lot and not in a random area in the store.  I'm crossing my fingers for rain.

• Like 2

They should just put the title on Tyson Kidd and watch the dollars rain down on their company as Kidd leads the company into the Network era as an all-time draw.

God bless. 

Remember the picture going around of a wrestling ring in a Wal-Mart?  I was asked to do a show in Mason, OH next month at a Wal Mart.  I was crushed to find out it'll be in the parking lot and not in a random area in the store.  I'm crossing my fingers for rain.

if rain is in the forecast, bring an umbrella to ringside and try to use it as a weapon

• Like 1

So, I am watching the episode of Spongebob in which Spongebob and Patrick became the Krabby Krushers and won their tag match because the other team headbutted Patrick's ass.

I've seen an increase in using pro wrestling in advertising. There's those candy commercials with luchadors. And it seems a good chunk of TV shows do an wrestling theme episode.

The common denominator in each instance is that each match is built around comedy spots and goofiness that pops the crowd. Never do they waste time bullshitting with holds and submissions (outside of something simple like a sleeper) and strikes exchanges.

When did wrestling fans stop wanting wrestling to be fun and entertaining and start wanting to be bored to death with 'real wrestling' bullshit?

So in English class last week we asked the kids a question. "Do you think every story HAS to have a good guy AND a bad guy." So after we talked, I explained to them that they need to start watching sports differently because there is always a good/evil story being painted by the media/commentating teams. Football, wrestling, UFC. Anything. Good vs. Evil sells tickets and generates PPV buys. I didn't get too much into wrestling but there are some fans and they are lower level students so that might be my way of getting through to them.

There is this one girl that brings in a wrestling shirt every day. She is in love with Dolph and Cena. She can to school Tuesday tired and I took her outside and said, "I already know why you are tired. You might have to start using a DVR."

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with this particular site so it could be NEWZ for all I know, but it certainly has the ring (no pun intended) of truth to it.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2013/2/13/3986496/wwe-responds-to-tammy-sytchs-allegations-of-rehab-mistreatment

Keith Harris is extremely trustworthy as a reporter. I'd put some stock in this report. 

• Like 1