DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Sheamus' entire moveset is pretty much finishers. I wish someone would use that uranage-to-the-knee thing he uses as a finisher.

Or just use a badass uranage like the one Hase used to drop fools with. But, yeah, Western Lariat all day, every day.

Always dug the Falcon Arrow, another underused move nowadays. 

Someone hasn't been reading the new Driverettes! I think the current Falcon Arrow Count DEAN's made is up to 33.

And hey yeah why not a real Uranage? As in, not a Rock Bottom. And speaking of 'U' moves that reminds me of my second favorite strike-based finisher, the Uraken. It's ridiculous how no one in WWE has stolen that yet. If AJ didn't already have the awesome Black Widow she could be droppin' Divas with that all day long and people would eat it up.

The Cloverleaf is another good choice for submission finish but it's just a resthold for Sheamus. I'm not a fan of that backbreaker thing and it's even worse when Orton does it. If I had to pick a favorite sub finish it'd have to be the Cobra Clutch, or maybe the crossface chicken-wing. 

We've probably covered this before, but: most favorite/least favorite finishing moves? CMLL just reminded me that the Canadian Destroyer exists and that has to be the worst. Best is a bit tougher, but I just remembered that Hansen is my favorite wrestler, so...

Actually an over/under on how many of us here share this exact same opinion would be more interesting

Golddust busts out the Canadian Destroyer every now and then and every time he does it it looks fucking awesome.

Bray does a really good uranagi.  So does Bully Ray.

Fandango sometimes finishes with the Falcon Arrow(he did one off the top rope on Superstars a while back), but he doesn't really win any more.

Sheamus being a CAW would explain the promos.  FOIGHT.  FELLA.  FOIGHT.  FELLA.

Goldust's move is more of a Code Red than a Destroyer...still looks great though.

I liked the Liontamer/Walls of Jericho when Jericho would stand slightly bent with a knee into his opponent's head before it became just a Boston crab.

I feel like Bray could use some kind of submission, perhaps a sleeper hold. Then, he can abduct his unconscious opponent and mind rape them.

• Like 2

I think my favorite may still be the Stone Cold Stunner. I just love everything from the setup to the execution.

It's either that, or a stiff powerbomb from someone like Vader.

Favorite submission finisher is Malenko's Cloverleaf.

I think my favorite solo finisher was Jake's DDT. It was so sudden, much like the Diamond Cutter later on.

I'm a big fan of tag team finishers: Hart Attack, Demolition decapitation, Powers of Pain running powerslam/flying headbutt combo, Powerplex, etc. The Quebecers had a few great double team finishers.

Sheamus did originally use the Irish Curse as his finish in WWECW.

Nexus-redux or not, I think it would be great to see 5 NXT guys challenge 5 WWE guys at Survivor Series. I think the problem with a full on invasion is that it feels like Sami Zayn and others have unfinished business in NXT; I think he's going heel - I half expect him to have CJ Parker as his lackey by the end of the year. I think I like the idea of them coming in at Survivor Series for an one-shot, then featuring a few at the Rumble.

On a side note, do you think WWE are beyond putting on a pre-Wrestlemania NXT Supercard - say on the Friday night? Could be interesting.

Since most of us are Chris Masters marks on here, if you haven't seen the new Botchamania you need to. He's working heel and accidentally breaks this trophy he's carrying around. His and the crowds' reaction are fucking hilarious. I tried to find it on Youtube but no dice, so here: http://botchamania.com/botchamania-257/

EDIT: oh god the part where LA Park hits himself in the face with the ladder, and then Mascara Sagrada trying to stand on a chair... I'm dying over here

• Like 1

BEST FINISHER: I have a soft spot for Bradshaw's power-bomb.  He straight killed people with it.

MOST UNDERUSED: The sleeper hold.  It's always, ALWAYS been super over anytime I've seen wrestling live.  It can't just be a chinlock, or a transition thing, it has to be "Watch out for his fearsome sleeperhold!" and he has to beat people with it a few times to build credibility.  But, after that initial set-up, it's the easiest move to book.

WORST FINISHER: I should say The Worm.  That shit was the WORST (Especially before he started speeding it up) because it would be this 30-60 second process of him standing up, mugging to the crowd, then the slow hops with the crowd chanting "W-O-R-M", then the worm, itself, then the mugging for the crowd, followed up by the lousiest fakest karate chop in the world but that was so insanely over, it's hard to throw it in there.  So I'll just say The Playmaker.  So many guys have used it over the years, 70% of the wrestlers taking it don't know what to do, and when you get down to the basic science of the move - guy puts a leg on the back of your head and rolls you to the mat - it doesn't even look like it hurts.  Plus, it has NEVER been over.  It's like ending a match with a dry popcorn fart.  Actually, that would be better.

MOST OVERUSED: The Spear.  It was cool when Goldberg used it.  It was less cool when Edge used it.  It was cool when Rhyno used it.  It was less cool when Christian used it.  I'm torn on Big Show's.  I don't care for Lashley's.  The less said about Batista, Christy Hemme, and ODB's and whoever else's...the better.

We've probably covered this before, but: most favorite/least favorite finishing moves? CMLL just reminded me that the Canadian Destroyer exists and that has to be the worst. Best is a bit tougher, but I just remembered that Hansen is my favorite wrestler, so...

Actually an over/under on how many of us here share this exact same opinion would be more interesting

Golddust busts out the Canadian Destroyer every now and then and every time he does it it looks fucking awesome.

That's a specialty of his. Bulldog: move that 90% of the time looks like shit. Goldie's rules. Inverted DDT: move that 90% of the time looks like shit. Goldie's rules. The fucking FINAL CUT or whatever that move where he spins the guy looks like shit ALL THE TIME. Goldie's rules. I don't know what it is, but his grace and verve hitting all of these just works somehow where it doesn't with anyone else. 

Bray needs the Asiatic Spike. Everyone knows it, probably even him. He's even got the fucking glove.

• Like 1

God Edge's spear was horrifying. There was a point when all the New Japan guys were using it too, it was the freakin' Falcon Arrow of finishers where everyone had it in their arsenal. It's either that or the Ankle Lock for me as far as 'overused' goes. 

Most underused: The Dominator!

• Like 1

My fav. finisher is probably the tombstone (or any good piledriver), but Taker tombstoning people is just awesome and most of the time it looked awesome unlike Kane's where there would be a ton of space between the guys head and the mat and you'd have to say in your mind they hit his knees and that's why they're hurt.

Worst finisher: since the Playmaker and Canadian Destroyer have been mentioned I'm going throw out the flatliner/downward spiral the move never looked good.

Underused: The dominator, someone needs to bust that out (and not Sheamus you have enough possible finishers fella), give it to Big E or Rusev.

Having a new Nexus type of thing also makes sense from a business plan. NXT is so good. But they don't advertise NXT as a selling point for the Network as much as they should. They mention it when guys get called up on occasion. They had the NXT match two Raws ago to plug Takeover. But they haven't had a reason to tie the product in.

A Nexus-type stable of all these great new guys coming in to wreck shop on Raw makes you want to see what they're doing on their own show. And to do that, it only costs $9.99...

They can easily spin any rivalries within the group as a, "Well, we're letting bygones be bygones here to take down Raw. We'll settle our own issues on our show."

• Like 1

Having a new Nexus type of thing also makes sense from a business plan. NXT is so good. But they don't advertise NXT as a selling point for the Network as much as they should. They mention it when guys get called up on occasion. They had the NXT match two Raws ago to plug Takeover. But they haven't had a reason to tie stuffing instead of potatoes in.

A Nexus-type stable of all these great new guys coming in to wreck shop on Raw makes you want to see what they're doing on their own show. And to do that, it only costs $9.99...

They can easily spin any rivalries within the group as a, "Well, we're letting bygones be bygones here to take down Raw. We'll settle our own issues on our show."

and the cut off for the initial 6 month commitment ends with Night of Champions, so they probably want to give those people a reason to renew, I guess.

Since most of us are Chris Masters marks on here, if you haven't seen the new Botchamania you need to. He's working heel and accidentally breaks this trophy he's carrying around. His and the crowds' reaction are fucking hilarious. I tried to find it on Youtube but no dice, so here: http://botchamania.com/botchamania-257/

EDIT: oh god the part where LA Park hits himself in the face with the ladder, and then Mascara Sagrada trying to stand on a chair... I'm dying over here

My god, when did Sagrada get so fat?

Do you know when abouts you did that so we don't have to scour as much because doing so on mobile sucks? Or maybe even provide a link?

"Obviously LeFort is losing his hair at NXT Takeover. Ascension will drop the belts and debut on the Raw after Night of Champions. Sasha will cost Charlotte the title and they will have a Loser Leaves match at the next set of tapings sending Sasha to the main roster. Tyler Breeze will steal the pin from Zayn and break his heart which sets up a title feud and Neville will get called up and Zayn will follow a very short time later.

Unsure if Charlotte gets called up with the September call ups."

So basically 90% of this is incorrect...

• Like 2