DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'm playing Total Extreme Wrestling 13 with a 1996 mod and running ECW. I alternate the entire crew for our TV show, one set of people works matches one week, the other set works the odd numbers. I do this to minimize injury and because it allows my set of chosen stars - Rey Jr, Jericho, Taz, Raven, Dreamer, RVD and Sabu - to all get over and stay fresh. Maybe WWE should do that? That way should (Megapushed star A) get hurt, it doesn't completely ruin everything.

I'm of the impression that most of the stuff people do in TEW games are probably things WWE should do or should have done depending on the mod.

Like push Vader. Or give Roadblock a contract and team him up with Bob Holly, because they'd probably have great chemistry.

• Like 1

I'm playing Total Extreme Wrestling 13 with a 1996 mod and running ECW. I alternate the entire crew for our TV show, one set of people works matches one week, the other set works the odd numbers.

So, essentially like a brand extension? Perhaps a version of the BE with guys working Raw one week and Smackdown the next with some guys working both

So I'd say this all but guarantees a Cena win.

Why? It's not like a hernia is that big of a deal... or that Reigns would even go up against Lesnar any time soon. I mean Cena may win, but why does this make a difference one way or the other?

• Like 1

I hate to bring him up but Benoit had an amazing powerbomb. Versus Eddy in WCW, he hit it so hard that the entire crowd stood up at once and even dumbass Mongo and dumbass Bischoff lost their shit. 

For high-impact finishers I always appreciate a good deadlift/Everest German. For high-flying, the 450 Splash is really unbeatable. Don't know why anyone has never stolen Shinzaki's Straightjacket Camel Clutch for a sub finish. And for roll-ups I always love a good victory roll, especially when Bret used to do it against big guys like Bigelow.

In terms of just handling the storylines, I think most people on this board could do okay, with a handful only being bad, but not much worse than what is already going on in the company in real life. 

So I'd say this all but guarantees a Cena win.

Why? It's not like a hernia is that big of a deal... or that Reigns would even go up against Lesnar any time soon. I mean Cena may win, but why does this make a difference one way or the other?

Because Vince has a tendency to panic and go back to what he knows works (i.e. Cena).  FWIW I assume Cena was going to win anyway.

I could not write decent promos but I'll tell you what I could do. Push more than one fucking wrestler at a time. Jeez.

Anyway, what's the roll up called where you have your hands locked around the guy's waist and run into the ropes and then roll over? Bret used to do it sometimes in one motion without running towards the ropes and I thought it was the shit.. 

I could not write decent promos but I'll tell you what I could do. Push more than one fucking wrestler at a time. Jeez.

Anyway, what's the roll up called where you have your hands locked around the guy's waist and run into the ropes and then roll over? Bret used to do it sometimes in one motion without running towards the ropes and I thought it was the shit..

Dunno the name, but I liked how Tim Horner would put the back bridge into it for the extra leverage.

People fault Vince for going back to what he knows. It is real easy to try something new when you really have nothing at stake, but when you have a multi million dollar company with shit tons of money at stake, you go back to what you know. That's the main difference of Internet booking, and real life. Then their is straight up TNA booking, which is just the worst.

People fault Vince for going back to what he knows. It is real easy to try something new when you really have nothing at stake, but when you have a multi million dollar company with shit tons of money at stake, you go back to what you know. That's the main difference of Internet booking, and real life. Then their is straight up TNA booking, which is just the worst.

True, but the whole Steve Austin thing happened precisely because Vince didn't go with what he knows.

• Like 1

I'm watching No Holds Barred on Blu ray and I never noticed until now that the first guy Stan Hansen beat up was Jos LeDuc.

Did a match between the two ever happen anywhere (singles, tag or six man). Seems like it would have been a fun clubbering contest to watch.

Just finished watching Uncensored 96. Good concept for the main event. Terrible execution. Frying pants? The Booty man? Two random fat dudes?

I want to see War Games and The Doomsday Cage Match in WWE. Evolution vs. Shield was just MEANT for War Games. I wish there was a Randy Savage to Cena's Hogan. I wish WWE wasn't about burying all of their guys because something like Cena/Lesnar putting aside their differences to stop The Wyatts/Kane/Orton/Rollins/HHH would be a sight to see. In my fantasy booking Dean Ambrose finds some way into the cage and just starts helping the team of Cena/Lesnar (think Austin coming back to beat up The Alliance). HHH eats the pin. Vince has lost faith in HHH and due to this and the lost, Vince sends HHH back to the office, fires Kane, suspends Orton (Orton needs a good 6 months off anyways to come back fresh), and mandates Rollins/Ambrose/Reigns have a one year restraining order preventing the 3 from touching each other of else all 3 are fired on-the-spot (this is done because Vince believes that all these guys are legit crazy and won't stop until the others are dead).

I understand this thinking when it comes to the Cena debate. But what the company's stock isn't going to drop if Vince decides to start giving bullet points to guys like Big E., Justin Gabriel, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Kofi Kingston, and some of the other low level guys. I can see Vince and some others having a heart attack if everyone was off-script and choked. But what does it matter is the low level guys have to come up with their stuff for 6 months as a trial run. If everyone sucks- back to script. If it seems that people are connecting more when given a chance- keep it going. Let it spread. Do 5 guys at a time.

There is a lot of 'new' stuff that WWE can do that isn't going to cost them a ton of money or viewers. A new set for one. And there can't honestly be anyone in WWE who thinks that canning Miz, Orton, Kane, RVD, and Lawler would do anything bad for business?