DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

WWE counts Cena's win over Mysterio as a reign. 

That reminds me. Remember when they stripped Punk of the title and scheduled a tournament around crowning a new champ. Put it on Mysterio in his last taste of the main event. Had a week to think about what they did and hotshot the title right back onto Cena? Memories....

They literally put the belt on Cena like 10 minutes later. Rey didn't even get the dignity of going to sleep as WWE Champion.

Even worse, they gave him a crappy Figs, Inc. belt.

Wrestlemania ix was worse. I just watched it again recently. It's comical.

No way. At least Hogan did that to a heel and he got Bret's kayfabe endorsement to go in there and kick Yoko's butt. Plus, Hogan didn't ask for a title shot, Fuji made it for the title. Rey is supposed to be a guy Cena respects.

I admittedly haven't watched Cena-Mysterio in forever. So I can't really say which one was worse.

However, at WM IX, Hogan announced in a promo before the match that he was challenging the winner for a title shot.  So it wasn't scripted as Hogan just being a do-gooder who happened to be at ringside to accept a challenge. 

It makes little sense why Hart would be ok just giving up his spot to Hogan.

It makes little sense why a heel manager would ask for an impromptu match right after his client won the title. Especially because Yoko was huffing and puffing in the corner and visibly exhausted. 

It makes little sense why the ref did not call for a disqualification after Fuji walked to the center of the ring  (in full view of the ref) and threw salt.

Kayfabewise nobody came out looking good from this. Hogan looked like a insincere opportunist and every other participant looked 

like a complete putz just so that the title could end up back on Hogan. 

Thank you for saying it, Swayze, so I don't have to go on like a broken record about how utterly useless the terrible verbiage handed out by the WWE's inept writers is. Here's Ryback, clearly a funny, charismatic, well-spoken dude and back when he was getting his main event push all they had him say was, "I'm a carnivore with a craving for red meat whose sick of waiting in line at the deli..." 

• Like 2

Problem is, when you have a staff of "writers", they need to justify their job by scripting all these promos. If they can ever get back to having a booking team, and not just a bunch of writers, we might see workers told "You have three minutes, hit these 3 points, don't swear", and cut some promos that show personality.

• Like 4

Dusty may beat Tully and win Baby Doll for a month, but she's just going to ride off on that damn horse and cost Magnum the US title for Tully.

When you fall off the horse, you have to get back on the horse!

BOlieve!

Ixnay on orseshay ...

Jake Roberts is allegedly in a coma in Nevada. Double pneumonia and a mass on his brain. He conked out on a plane and hasn't woken up.

I don't mean to make light of the situation, but on first glance I read "conked out" as coked out.