DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

In an attempt to prevent a mid-month thread stoppage:

I really miss King Of The Ring.  Out of all the gimmick PPVs they have nowadays, I wish they hadn't ditched the one with the most history(only dusting it off when they need to fill out a random Raw).

If they did KOTR this year, would would benefit most from winning it?

• Like 2

In an attempt to prevent a mid-month thread stoppage:

I really miss King Of The Ring. Out of all the gimmick PPVs they have nowadays, I wish they hadn't ditched the one with the most history(only dusting it off when they need to fill out a random Raw).

If they did KOTR this year, would would benefit most from winning it?

I have to go with my gut, I love Rusev. In my head I have a while eighteen month plan to go into sympathetic baby face after Lana ditches him when he fails for the title, becomes a bitch to Lana's new dude, Cena takes him under his wing, shows him Ahhhmericuh! Two months feud with replacement, ends at the King of the Ring! A star is born!

It's so easy!

I miss King of the Ring but I feel Money in the Bank has replaced it. I wish they would do it annually as a RAW in say October to build to Survivor Series or something but it was annually one of their lowest sellers so I guess I can't blame them.

Would like to have seen Cesaro or someone else in the mid card win it, to give them a boost. King Cesaro could have worked wonders for him.

Watching 1995 ECW TV. A few observations...three way tag feud with Public Enemy/Taz & Sabu/Benoit & Malenko is entertaining as hell...I still don't get why Dreamer was over here, he is terrible in the ring and mic, unlikeable...Mikey Whipwreck was better than I remembered, a bump machine with some unique offense.

Since it's been 20 years to the event that opened the arena, When was the last time the WWE ran at the United Center? I know it's a busy venue, but one would think it should at least get a show or two a year. It's almost like they have some sort of deal with the AllState Arena

I never understood why they never went back after Summerslam 94. I know WCW always used the United Center for Nitro's so I figured that probably had something to do with it.

WCW had the United Center in Chicago. The WWF had Madison Square Garden. Much like the new Comiskey Field (which looked a hell of a lot like the remodeled Yankee Stadium) in the 90's, the United Center was the midwest's MSG with Jerry Reinsdorf. Maybe Vince just doesn't like him and that's why he won't even rent the building.

Don't get me wrong; ALS is horrible and I'd dearly love to see an end to it.  But "raising awareness" is just a way for people to feel good about themselves without actually, you know, doing anything.  So kudos to HHH.

Wait a minute,  Cool Arrow has been Lance Storm this entire time  :unsure:

If you don't get the reference, follow Lance's twitter page in the last 4 or 5 hours.  Needless to say he has some pretty strong opinions on it as well

I never understood why they never went back after Summerslam 94. I know WCW always used the United Center for Nitro's so I figured that probably had something to do with it.

WCW had the United Center in Chicago. The WWF had Madison Square Garden. Much like the new Comiskey Field (which looked a hell of a lot like the remodeled Yankee Stadium) in the 90's, the United Center was the midwest's MSG with Jerry Reinsdorf. Maybe Vince just doesn't like him and that's why he won't even rent the building.

Isn't the Allstate Arena also next to the airport? I always assumed that ease of access was one of the reasons why Vince never went back to the United Center.

Supposedly they recorded some Legends shows with Bruno last year when he was inducted into the HOF. I'm chomping at the bit for those, if only to see some of the panelists awkwardly back up on their Bruno bashing from the 70's ep. The one where Hayes and company shit on Bruno until JJ Dillion speaks up and basically owns them all about how awesome and important Bruno was.