DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I was looking for info on this Davey Richards leg break, and thought Wikipedia might have a source by now. There wasn't one as of yet, but I did see this line, and it made me laugh my ass off:

In October 2013, Richards mentioned in a blog posting on the Ring of Honor website that he was "freshly engaged".[111][112] He was originally set to marry her on March 30, 2014 but the event was evidently scrapped as Richards was booked by TNA to work a house show in Spencer, Iowa.[12]

• Like 2

I was looking for info on this Davey Richards leg break, and thought Wikipedia might have a source by now. There wasn't one as of yet, but I did see this line, and it made me laugh my ass off:

In October 2013, Richards mentioned in a blog posting on the Ring of Honor website that he was "freshly engaged".[111][112] He was originally set to marry her on March 30, 2014 but the event was evidently scrapped as Richards was booked by TNA to work a house show in Spencer, Iowa.[12]

So Davey no-sold his own engagement?

Not surprised

• Like 2

I always liked the differing inflections of the ICOPRO slogan:

Lex: You've GOTTA want it

Bret: You've gotta want it

Shit, there was a Razor one but I don't think he even delivered the line, it was just footage of him lifting and mean mugging

I'm pretty sure Hall was the under the impression Vince was keeping coke in the ICOPRO jar.
  • Like 1

Barrett isn't injury prone; he just can't get a visa worth a shit. The first injury was so Ziggles could not die on national television and the second one was a freak accident.

Y'all bitch about them fucking up Cesaro like its doom and gloom, but Barrett is clearly the biggest blown opportunity guy they had. He carried that Nexus angle on his back and a lot of bad booking as well but has made what they threw at him work. You can't teach the presence the guy has. And he has gotten really fucking good in the ring. Like not even the same wrestler on NXT good.

I still don't understand why they couldn't have kept Barrett on TV as he recovers. Bad News Barrett is the epitome of a character that does not need to wrestle to be successful.

They didn't even have him come out as #30 during the Rumble (and instead put fan favourite Rey Mysterio there, golly! I can't believe he got booed O_O). These people are half-assing Bad News all the way. Remember that awful angle where Lawler told him to shut up just to never have it brought up again? They don't know what to do with him.

I still don't understand why they couldn't have kept Barrett on TV as he recovers. Bad News Barrett is the epitome of a character that does not need to wrestle to be successful.

Seconded. That dude was pure money, until he started losing. It's so insane that they give people win steaks to start out then they lose every week. It's been beaten to death but I really think they don't want anyone to get over. I mean ANYONE!

"I Was A Victim Of Racism" - Alberto Del Rio (Spanish language article)

Worst case scenario? CMLL finds some anti-Mexican rudos to endlessly feud with Del Rio/Patron. Leading to lots of Patron/Rodriguez/etc v. a trio of dudes like Aaron Aguilera/Mike Mondo/Trevor Murdoch or something.

(Ok, if Amish Roadkill wanted to go to Mexico, they could probably pass off Trevor Murdoch/Roadkill as a tag team of American Rednecks, until the unfortunate stabbings occur)

Hey so what stupid move did Davey do to break his leg last night?

People like Davey usually get injured doing something relatively simple. I'm going for drop toe hold.

It's not just Davey, though.  Liger broke his ankle 20 years ago doing a leap frog.

He was already dead when i started watching. In my mind,it was WCW Cruiserweight related but more like late WCW days. And i'm not mixing it up with Sid breaking his leg.

I guess it was just an akward landing on the legs that looked hurty without breaking the ankle or leg.