DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

People longing for a Nexus reunion...things must be bad. Good debut, one guy talks, the rest are silent and don't develop their characters at all, squashed. No tickets sold, awful ppv. Sounds like an angle that should revisited.

Jericho was asked about why it failed years ago. Said it got a Summerslam Main event and months of TV/PPV matches from rookies that weren't ready for the spot. Said calling it a failure is absurd.

Well if Jericho said it...

King Mabel got a Summerslam main event, so that's not convincing. Looked at the buyrate/ratings for that summer, not convincing. I'm not saying it's a failure, but would I be asking for a 2014 revival? No.

Well if Jericho said it...

King Mabel got a Summerslam main event, so that's not convincing. Looked at the buyrate/ratings for that summer, not convincing. I'm not saying it's a failure, but would I be asking for a 2014 revival? No.

It was a fresh idea that WWE used to once again put over John Cena without consideration for the future of the talent involved. 

How many times was Wade repackaged before the Bad News thing caught on? The guy was gold on the mic during this time and should've gotten a chance to one-up Cena at least ONCE. Even when The Nexus appeared to had beaten Cena, they didn't. Cena joins The Nexus? It didn't fulfill Wade's purpose of getting the WWE Championship and Cena got "fired" a month later. By the way, that "firing" was really effective, considering Cena appeared on RAW every week anyway and beat Wade a month later to get his job back. 

It led to no long term benefit for anyone involved and even dragged down Punk when he tried to get involved. Almost everyone involved ended up being repackaged. 

No man it's not about him, just using his name. It's about a monsoon that rains gorillas that are so mad that they got sucked up into the monsoon that they want to destroy the human race

As long as the main protagonist gets to use the line "Brain, will you stop?" at least once.

• Like 1

But has Cena jumped a shark yet.

Or is that tonight?

It'll become a triple threat match with the shark from the SummerSlam commercial a few years ago.  Cena will steal the pin on the shark after Lesnar F-5s the shark again.

According to Jericho, Cena realised that he should have put Barrett over at Summerslam pretty much as soon as the match was over.

The problem with a Nexus reunion is that you have a guy like Bray Wyatt who was in Nexus as Husky Harris.

Now if TNA goes under, then I'd maybe look to rush Bobby Roode through developmental and have him lead a similar style group of guys who are 'above this NXT shit' - Roode, Storm, Devitt, KENTA, maybe Joe and some others. I'm sure they'd fuck it up, like all invasion storylines - but it could be fun.

According to Jericho, Cena realised that he should have put Barrett over at Summerslam pretty much as soon as the match was over.

The problem with a Nexus reunion is that you have a guy like Bray Wyatt who was in Nexus as Husky Harris.

Now if TNA goes under, then I'd maybe look to rush Bobby Roode through developmental and have him lead a similar style group of guys who are 'above this NXT shit' - Roode, Storm, Devitt, KENTA, maybe Joe and some others. I'm sure they'd fuck it up, like all invasion storylines - but it could be fun.

According to WWE canon, Husky Harris and Bray Wyatt are separate people so that wouldn't be an issue. I'm just not sure that Barrett's character would settle for being #2 to Bryan after leading the initial incarnation. 

According to WWE canon, Husky Harris and Bray Wyatt are separate people so that wouldn't be an issue. I'm just not sure that Barrett's character would settle for being #2 to Bryan after leading the initial incarnation. 

Sure, but most adult WWE fans kinda remember it's the same guy and anything that reminds them is bad. So it is an issue.

Sure, but most adult WWE fans kinda remember it's the same guy and anything that reminds them is bad. So it is an issue.

You can't ban the Nexus from ever being mentioned again because one of its participants was repackaged. That's just silly.

WWE and Invasion Angles are a poor mix: WCW, The Alliance, NWO (Hogan, Hall, Nash), NWO2 (Nash, Big Show etc.) and Nexus.  Nexus was the only one that half-worked, in all honesty.

You can't ban the Nexus from ever being mentioned again because one of its participants was repackaged. That's just silly.

There's a difference between never mentioning something and doing a redux, and it's just silly to pretend there isn't. They certainly don't talk about Nexus much, and rightly so imo. Nexus more or less got retconned out of existence after CM Punk won the WWE Title from John Cena anyway.

Ohh. I just thought it was about a giant Gorilla Monsoon destroying things and being awesome. Your idea works too.

What about a monsoon that rains Gorilla Monsoon's? People would be literally hanging from the rafters to see that.

• Like 3

If they reform Nexus, besides Bryan and Barrett, who else do you add? Bryan would be better off reforming The A.P.P.L.E.

Look I know Slater is on a streak and all but he isn't exactly the back up you go to when the shit hits the fan.

If they reform Nexus, besides Bryan and Barrett, who else do you add? Bryan would be better off reforming The A.P.P.L.E.

Look I know Slater is on a streak and all but he isn't exactly the back up you go to when the shit hits the fan.

Assuming Ryback isn't supposed to be a different person than Skip Sheffield, then you have him too.

Assuming Ryback isn't supposed to be a different person than Skip Sheffield, then you have him too.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd go with Bryan, Barrett, Ryback, Axel, and Gabriel.