DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

With all the computering I do, I'm surprised I'm just now(at 37-going-on-38 years of age) starting to feel like carpal tunnel is hitting me. Ugh.

I'm 43 and been using computers for over 35 years. Thought for sure I'd have Carpal Tunnel by now but don't. Was on my way a few years back but got a different keyboard setup at work and now all is good.

Goddamit, someone tried to use my debit card at a truck stop in Quebec last night.  Luckily by bank caught it right away and are sending out a new card, but it'll be here Monday and I'm leaving for a wedding in Michigan Friday morning.  

There have been reports of ATM skimmers found in Madison lately so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that got got.

Likewise.  I have sooooo much to do around the house(both inside and out) but instead I'm pulling up wrestling video and anime all day on the computer.  I'm a terrible self-motivator.

See, I'm so fatigued I don't even do THAT. I'm an adherent to the idea that time spent enjoying something is never wasted, but more often than not I just end up wiki-walking and looking up obscure sports statistics and movies instead of actually, you know, WATCHING them.

My old man went in the hospital today with congestive heart failure. I'm trying to be optimistic, but I just went through this with my grandfather a couple of years ago. He's generally in very poor health, so even if we avoid the worst he's going to have to go into some kind of assisted living. I'm about to change jobs and my wife's more than halfway through her pregnancy, and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. Everyone warned me growing up sucks.

My Mom has entered the wander away from home and not recognize the house you've lived in for 38 years phase when you return phase of her mental decline. The best part is that the doctors have no idea why this is happening.

First of all I am grateful for my health, my family's health, and my loved ones are safe and secure.  My thoughts go out to all of you with health issues and loved ones in troubled times.

<First World Problem Rant>

I come home from a weekend vacation to a house that is 94 degrees.  Seems my AC Unit has ceased to be. 

</Rant Over>

• Like 1

The AC died yesterday. Mom's health issues make this a huge problem, so we're calling local person and praying.

Then, of course, I get to panic over wondering how the hell we're supposed to even pay for repairs.

Sunday morning, my wife took our three dogs to to a local outdoor spot for a walk. They were gone for a couple of hours. When they came home, our older dog, The Dude, was wobbly, and when he plopped down, couldn't get back up. I assumed his old man hips were hurting him. He's an older dog and was way overweight for awhile and his hips do bug him from time to time. Later in the evening, Walter, the "middle child" starting having trouble walking. My wife woke me up at 5:30 yesterday morning when the youngest dog (Polly) wasn't walking. We got them to the vet at 8am and we were told all three dogs were showing signs of anti-freeze poisoning. They outlined a treatment plan and got to work. Dude is home now partly because he looks like the most recovered of the three right now and partly because he's an asshole who didn't want to cooperate and is scary when he doesn't want to play ball. The other two stayed the night. Dude is slowly recovering. His kidneys appear to be returning to full strength. He's weak and sore but he's much better than a couple days ago. Walter and Polly are still at the vet's but could come home this afternoon if they continue to respond well to treatment. Fingers are firmly crossed. The anti-freeze thing HAD to be in the water or something at Auger Falls. My Mrs. said she only lost sight of them for a second. I checked our property and there isn't a drop of anti-freeze anywhere. It's a mystery and it pisses me off.

P.S. Yesterday was my oldest's 15th birthday. Shitty awful timing all the way around. We did what we could to make it up to her but smiles were hard for the whole family.

Dropped my son off in San Antonio for college last Friday.  The wife and I got a hotel on the Riverwalk and had a great night.  Around 3 in the morning, we get a call: My son is ok, but the apartment burned down.  ON THE FIRST NIGHT.  No renters' insurance, so all his stuff is gone.  This two weeks after he totaled his car. 

my daughter set this up: http://www.gofundme.com/helpnicklevin?pc=16_fb_px

it's more legit than Virgil's.

So when I was having my Solar panels fitted a month ago, they could only put half of them up because there was a bees nest under my roof tiles. Pest Control guy comes out the next day, says give it four or five weeks and they'll leave by themselves no worries. Solar company says OK, phone us back in a month and we'll arrange to finish the installation then.

Called them this morning. They went out of business two weeks ago. I've got a bunch of Solar Panels and Solar Panel fittings in my shed... and no way of putting them on my roof, or knowledge of how to do it.

On the other hand, how hard could it be? Maybe I should just hire some scaffolding and have a bash myself. Or get my Dad to do it.

I have no knowledge of how to install solar panels, but I lived with a dude who did it for a living and he could barely figure out candy wrappers. It can't possibly be that hard. Just get super high before doing it, that seemed to be part of the job for him and his crew.

So it looks very likely my mother and stepfather are being utterly ripped off by a moving company.

They fucked up by not googling the reviews of the company, but fuck. Two days late to move them, still haven't shown up. Supposed to have been out of their apartment tonight, luckily the landlord is a decent human being. Quick check of the reviews, and this company (American Moving Services in Colorado, not to be confused with the one of the same name and glowing reviews from Maryland) is apparently notorious for charging way over the estimate, showing up days or even weeks late to move people out, being even later delivering, and damaging items.

Fuck on a stick.