DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

I found it did not. They even played a Pandora station of my choice and as soon as my chest dipped in, that wasn't happening. Turns out my next doctor's appointment will be to ask about a small non-refillable xanax dose instead of discussing the results of the MRI.

The best part though is that as the music came on the pandora station, the techie asked "does this... sound right to you?"

said song I asked him to start from:

Not to ne pedantic about poop, but the reason you don't see lawn damage from cat pee or poop is because they don't like to go in the grass, they prefer dirt where they can bury their mess.

When your cat is making digging motions by their food dish what they are essentially saying is "This is shit and it should be buried."

Neighbours are gonna be super pissed the next time Ollie eats something he shouldn't and gets the trots. Back yard will end up looking like a Jackson Pollock.

I dunno man. My whole life my mother loved her flowers and took care of her grass, we had a dog that always used the backyard and it caused no issues. Never had anything die or damaged. Granted we had a little wire fence around the 'delicate' plants so he couldn't get to them but he never damaged anything by pissing or shitting. I think its exaggerated. I mean I am sure it is scientifically correct but he'd probably have to piss in the same spot for a month solid to do any damage :P

• Like 1

Since I've never been in one I ask this sincerely, not being a smartass: does it help to close your eyes?

For me, the worst part is, by far, the noise. MRIs are really loud.

I was in an "open" MRI because...

but still, your face is like 4 inches away from the ceiling*, all you can see is white, and imagine being on the loudest train you've ever been on.

*other MRIs might vary, they were specifically looking at my auditory nerves, so I may have been closer?

The WORST/only claustrophobia I've ever experienced was at a haunted house, where you had to push through 2 over inflated airbags to get in.  I got halfway in, started hyperventilating and backed out.  My wife made fun of me, but then promised she'd pull me through if I froze in the middle.

Cats have razor sharp teeth and claws and piss ammonia.

That's not a pet. It's a weapon.

He has terrible teeth and terrible claws,

And terrible tusks in his terrible jaws.

He has knobbly knees and razor sharp toes,

And a poisonous wart at the end of his nose.

His eyes are orange, his tongue is black,

He has purple prickles all over his back!

Oh help! Oh no! It's a Gruffalo!

• Like 1

see my MRI was for my knee, and like what set it off was like getting pulled chest deep into it. I was fine until they started pulling me in a little bit more, in  jolts. It uncorked a particular childhood memory about getting stuck in a slide with a tube to climb (my puberty and growth spurts hit very very early, like 11) and like all that fear just flooded in my mind and I got pulled out.

My Mom had a stroke in her right eye last night. Because of the severity of it she will likely never regain sight in the eye.

Luckily she's suffering no other adverse effects and is resting comfortably at the hospital. She was even in high enough spirits to laugh at a few of my corny jokes.

My aunt Gerry has been taken off her chemo treatments and hospice care and bank in the hospital. Don't know she'll last the night. Haven't seen her in many years, but I'll never forget her and her brother, my uncle Joe, showing up unannounced at my high school graduation and open house.

My parents split when I was very young and I never had any real relationship with my dad, and this a limited one with his family. But Joe flew to Kentucky and then the two of them drove to Michigan to be there.

She's dying and I'll never really know her.

I've had maybe six or more MRI's and found them okay, better when you can take a CD and listen to it. I usually close my eyes. I agree with Tabe about the noise as the worst bit.

Sorry to hear your news offspring 515 and sorry for your loss, Brian. Best to you both.

Brian:

Sorry for your loss, my condolences.

Offspring:

Sorry to hear about your mom's stroke. Hope she's doing okay (or as well as can be expected.)

Put me down as another one who didn't know just how awful MRIs were or that  they were claustrophobic until getting one. I had the tech get me out in a hurry. Went back to my doctor, he  was very understanding and prescribed two dozen Valium. I asked "Why so many?" "So you can experiment a couple of times and figure out how many you'll need to get through the procedure." Turns out the magic number was six, but it's still a procedure that I will avoid unless there are no other options. The really irritating thing was the diagnosis. "Looks like you have some degeneration on two vertebrae and sciatica." We knew that before getting the MRI, so basically the whole thing was an expensive waste of everyone's time. The end result was right back where we started, "We can do exploratory surgery and hopefully correct the problem or you may have to take medication the rest of your life." So, let's see here, the word "exploratory" essentially means that you are looking for something that you don't know exactly where it is. In this case it's dangerously close to the spinal column where a minor error has major repercussions (like not being able to walk), or I can take four little pills which do a splendid job of masking the back pain and allowing me to lead a relatively normal life... This is what's called a "no-brainer".

Guys, can ya say some words to whoever and ask for some rain for my beautiful state of Washington?  The entire state is basically on fire, or impacted by fire.  We had a baseball game canceled last Friday night here in Spokane because smoke was so thick that it was like standing next to a campfire with the wind blowing right into your face.  We've had ridiculous heat all summer - it was 110 degrees one day in June and has approached that a few times since - and no rain.  Seattle got 0.90" of rain - total - for all of May, June & July.  Spokane has had basically nothing since June 1.  We've had entire towns evacuated.  The DNR put out a call for volunteers to help with fighting fires last week.  We're flying in crews from Australia.  They're using jumbo jets to dump water on the fires.  And there's no relief in sight - just a single day (40% chance!) of "showers" possibly coming in the next 15 days here in Spokane.  

So, yeah, say a few words if you get the chance.  We basically live in a forest here with trees all around that could go up at any time.  My friend's neighbor was SHOOTING OFF FIREWORKS this past weekend.  So, yeah, it's all just a little bit scary, even with no fires actually near my home.

Here's a great story on what's going on here in Washington.

Rain on Saturday in Washington, no? At least that's what our local weather forecast said. Calgary looks like Beijing today with all the wildfire smoke blowing our way. Rough on the lungs.

Rain on Saturday in Washington, no? At least that's what our local weather forecast said. Calgary looks like Beijing today with all the wildfire smoke blowing our way. Rough on the lungs.

MAYBE rain on Sunday for us. That's a big change since my original post. I sure as heck hope they're right.

Be careful looking at news sites today, as a reporter and cameraman in Virginia got shot live on television. There are people posting the whole video without too many warnings, so just be aware.

Condolances to the families of the victims. The news people on my Twitter feed are horrified and wondering if it could happen to them.

I don't understand this logic. Who the fuck would have a video of a shooting and go..."Well people are going to watch this..."

When Marco Simoncelli was killed in a MotoGP wreck, something in Motorsports journalism was coined as the "Dave Despain Rule" which basically was Despain commenting "We don't feel right showing a fatality on our show. If you really want to watch that footage, there are other places to find it."

I think more people should follow that rule.

Be careful looking at news sites today, as a reporter and cameraman in Virginia got shot live on television. There are people posting the whole video without too many warnings, so just be aware.

Condolances to the families of the victims. The news people on my Twitter feed are horrified and wondering if it could happen to them.

Heard about it this morning from my brother; a professor at VT.   He's teleworking from home today because the campus is locked down.

Condolences to the families. What a horrible thing to happen.

I know this is probably inappropriate given what happened today but I just saw tomorrow front page of the New York Daily News and how someone can't take every single person responsible for the front page take them out back and just beat them with an inch of their lives is beyond me. 

• Like 1