DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Hogan's height may be the most gimmicked in history. He was initially billed at being close to seven foot (I think to keep the Andre mystique going), but now he's two inches shorter than Sting. I get shrinkage (unfortunately) at his age, but he can't be more than 6'4. It's Barkleyesque.

CM Punk is also at Comic Con doing coverage for Nerdist.

I know Comic Con is huge, but I still hope he awkwardly bumped into someone from WWE.

"Oh hey, AJ......I was just giving this girl dressed as Pikachu directions.....to a hotel that isn't ours, I swear...."

• Like 4

CM Punk is also at Comic Con doing coverage for Nerdist.

I know Comic Con is huge, but I still hope he awkwardly bumped into someone from WWE.

"Oh hey, AJ......I was just giving this girl dressed as Pikachu directions.....to a hotel that isn't ours, I swear...."
That's great, I was thinking the same thing. This has to be a smorgasbord of cute broken chicks trying entirely too hard to be different.

So because I'm a flake who can't set his mind to anything, I got my tickets for Right Coast Pro on Saturday (admittedly, I half-did it as a favor to a new friend and half-did it because Low Ki/Daniels).

Odessa, do you know where the Life Community Church is?  That's where the card is, if you're still interested.

I googled it the other day, so i more or less know.

Hogan's height may be the most gimmicked in history. He was initially billed at being close to seven foot (I think to keep the Andre mystique going), but now he's two inches shorter than Sting. I get shrinkage (unfortunately) at his age, but he can't be more than 6'4. It's Barkleyesque.

I think he has said that his spinal surgeries took some height away too.

It is like how XPW and other feds claimed Luke Hawx is 6'3". But I got a picture of me standing next to him,if he is 6'3" I am over 6'7". I always subtract 3 inches from any billed height.

• Like 1

After SummerSlam, people were crediting the Knee Plus as the Boma Ye rather than the Busaiku Knee,

Boma YES sounds better than "Knee Plus".  

I thought it was still called "The knee that beat John Cena".

• Like 2

On the other hand:

hqdefault.jpg

Rodman was always called 6'8", but he always said he was 6'6", and that the official NBA heights are only slightly less kayfabed than wrestling, that they give the heights of players in shoes, or as it's known "court height."

Speaking of the Worm, I was thinking about his match with Hogan against DDP and Karl Malone, and how he was clearly "in no condition to perform." Which got me to thinking, what are some other examples of wrestlers working while obviously fucked-up?  Of course there's Jake Roberts at the Heroes of Wrestling show, and I'm sure there are innumerable examples involving the Sandman.  Who else?