DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

In his Austin interview, Cort Bauer had a pretty straightforward and sensible theory on what happened to Cesaro.  Basically, they needed a credible "Heyman guy" so that they could haul Paul E. out every night to put over 21-1.  Cesaro had the misfortune of being ideal for the role at that exact moment, and the streak was more important to them than keeping up with Cesaro's face turn. 

The Foley thing seems wholly plagiarized from posts that bave appeared on this forum for years. Years! Wait; was Mick in a coma?

Hell, it mostly could've been taken from my posts last month...with a couple of exceptions, (I'm pretty sure I was never Long Island's favorite wrestler...thank God.)

Can't people please stop posting every goddamn snippet, blog, whatever etc etc that boils down to Ryder being wasted? Doing so only leads to 15 fucking pages that not all us care to scan through.

You should probably make a list of everything that people have talked about that you aren't interested in so we can make sure to hide those discussions away from you so as to never ever possibly risk your eyes passing over something you aren't entertained by.

• Like 2

The Foley thing seems wholly plagiarized from posts that bave appeared on this forum for years. Years! Wait; was Mick in a coma?

Nope, just lost in Cleveland with amnesia again.

Sad to hear about the Bryan/Brie robbery. I hope he can get past the ulnar nerve issues he described in the video-- it is, on some level, nice to know exactly what's going on injury-wise. Seems like a pretty cool dude in real life.

It was a burglary, not a robbery.

I misspoke, thanks for the correction dude

In his Austin interview, Cort Bauer had a pretty straightforward and sensible theory on what happened to Cesaro.  Basically, they needed a credible "Heyman guy" so that they could haul Paul E. out every night to put over 21-1.  Cesaro had the misfortune of being ideal for the role at that exact moment, and the streak was more important to them than keeping up with Cesaro's face turn. 

That actually makes quite a bit of sense. I almost hate to say it, but sticking Heyman with RybAxel might have been a better idea given the circumstances.

Can't people please stop posting every goddamn snippet, blog, whatever etc etc that boils down to Ryder being wasted? Doing so only leads to 15 fucking pages that not all us care to scan through.

Sorry...didn't realize we were supposed to make our posts only after considering how difficult they may or may not make the board to scroll through for those who could be traumatically effected and emotionally scarred by such mundane things.

:wacko:

• Like 1

I've thought the best way WWE has booked Cesaro since signing him was last summer-ish when he was in NXT (Just prior to the Real Americans stuff) where he had a bit of stubble growing, wore suits, and acted smug because he was good and knew it.  Sort of a hybrid of Jason Staham/David Beckham.  Dude is good, dude is cut, dude is handsome, and he knows it and flaunts it.  I'd put a weak diva on his arm (Eva?), dress him up in suits, give him the US Title and have him come out and cut promos about not wrestling Dolph Ziggler 'cuz he's not on his level.  Show him driving around in expensive cars, chilling at his villa, riding private jets.  So, on one hand, you hate him because he's rich and succesful and good, and on the other, you hate him more because he knows it and there's nothing you can do about it.  Have him cut promos about how he's going to give Sheamus the Cesaro Swing and spin him 13 times, then have him actually do it.

Also, stop calling him 'The King of Swing'.  That shit is stupid.  It either sounds like a guy in the 70s in a polyester suit who holds key parties, or Johnny Swinger.  Both of those are things one should not be connected with.

• Like 1

For a company with so many TV writers, they sure don't do a lot of outside the arena stuff.  For example, Cesaro's coffee obsession could easily be turned into a snobby heelish thing.  Berating poor baristas for not getting his order right.

• Like 1

For a company with so many TV writers, they sure don't do a lot of outside the arena stuff.  For example, Cesaro's coffee obsession could easily be turned into a snobby heelish thing.  Berating poor baristas for not getting his order right.

I want a hipster heel in the WWE so bad and yes, guy with a vaguely foreign accent berating baristas would be brilliant.  He throws coffee everywhere, leaves in a rage and rides off on his fixie. 

• Like 1

I've thought the best way WWE has booked Cesaro since signing him was last summer-ish when he was in NXT (Just prior to the Real Americans stuff) where he had a bit of stubble growing, wore suits, and acted smug because he was good and knew it.  Sort of a hybrid of Jason Staham/David Beckham.  Dude is good, dude is cut, dude is handsome, and he knows it and flaunts it.  I'd put a weak diva on his arm (Eva?), dress him up in suits, give him the US Title and have him come out and cut promos about not wrestling Dolph Ziggler 'cuz he's not on his level.  Show him driving around in expensive cars, chilling at his villa, riding private jets.  So, on one hand, you hate him because he's rich and succesful and good, and on the other, you hate him more because he knows it and there's nothing you can do about it.  Have him cut promos about how he's going to give Sheamus the Cesaro Swing and spin him 13 times, then have him actually do it.

So you'd make him Alberto Del Rio, only you'd replace Ricardo with Eva Marie.

• Like 2

Nah, he'd be cooler than Del Rio.  He's a bad guy, he's rich, he cheats, he's got a hot girlfriend, but he's the kind of guy you want to hate, but it's born out of wanting to be him more than anything.  Del Rio was really just the Mexican Million Dollar Man.

Nah, he'd be cooler than Del Rio. He's a bad guy, he's rich, he cheats, he's got a hot girlfriend, but he's the kind of guy you want to hate, but it's born out of wanting to be him more than anything. Del Rio was really just the Mexican Million Dollar Man.

Oh, if only they'd called him the "Million Peso Man," but then some snarky asshole would tweet, share, vine, youtube, roku or kindle the going conversion of pesos to dollars and kill the gimmick.

I wonder if, upon Hero's release, Eddie Kingston felt a disturbance in the force ...

Ugh, if there's one gimmick that needs to be retired it's the rich heel. Two former World Champions, a wrestling legend, and Bobby Roode have all had it to varying success. It's done.

Edit: And that's not even including Flair, cause fuck it Ric Flair's gimmick is that he's Ric Flair.

I like the rich heel gimmick. But not the way the WWE does it which is "well we hit pay dirt with the Million Dollar Man 25 years ago...so lets just keep doing that". 

Cesaro as an elite European snob would be so awesome. Basically have him be the Swiss Tully Blanchard. He could absolutely pull off Tully's snark and swagger. Hell, when they bring Charlotte up have her be his Babydoll. If he's "King", he needs a Queen. It's a shame none of this will happen because the WWE would rather have him just be bland than do anything interesting.

I like the rich heel gimmick. But not the way the WWE does it which is "well we hit pay dirt with the Million Dollar Man 25 years ago...so lets just keep doing that". 

Cesaro as an elite European snob would be so awesome. Basically have him be the Swiss Tully Blanchard. He could absolutely pull off Tully's snark and swagger. Hell, when they bring Charlotte up have her be his Babydoll. If he's "King", he needs a Queen. It's a shame none of this will happen because the WWE would rather have him just be bland than do anything interesting.

Tully's daughter is hot and a wrestler, why not just use her? If you use Charlotte, you run the risk of him being compared to Naitch and that's not fair to anyone. 

They really are missing the boat on Cesaro though. You have a handsome European on the roster and you AREN'T using him as a snob heel? 

"WWE officials reportedly recently told Cesaro to quit doing his Cesaro Swing because of how it was getting over with the fans."

Ummm...what the holy fuck WWE!?

Then why give him that shirt? NOW what fucking "swing" is he "king of?"